Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
good morning: https://mangadex.org/chapter/461933/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Looks like Muteba's and Jun's friendship began before their fight even ended. :allears:

Also its pretty much confirmed that Muteba has Cyborg Eyes

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat this tournament for stealing Saw Paing's smile.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Man that just makes the first round fight of Saw Paing vs Karo even more heartbreaking :smith:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Been waiting for this...THE NOSE KNOWS!!!!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

"You shall perish before our love" :smugjones:

Rei is what happens when you somehow have less presence and group interactions than Ohma. While having nothing really compelling as motivation either. He's got a hard on for a literal pimp. That's why he's fighting in this tourney.

Rei has a Mommy GF, which makes him unique among Fightman and anime characters in general

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

blind assassin, who is so attuned to his senses that he can 'see' better than somebody who has eyes, unleashes his secret weapon: eyes

He reveals that he is also a fan of manga and deploys Space Ripper Stiingy Eyes at Wakatsuki at the climax of the round.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Rei has a Mommy GF, which makes him unique among Fightman and anime characters in general
Having an older woman love interested doesn't really make him stand out compared to the rest of the cast though. Plus this will be the second person he fights that has something real worth fighting for. Mockey wanted to keep the smiles of the children safe. And Saw is fighting for an entire village that took him and his family in. As far as we know Rei is only here because of the power of love and let me tell you, lightning chidori Sasuke here isn't doing himself any favors dissing two of my favorite fighters.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

"You shall perish before our love" :smugjones:

Rei is what happens when you somehow have less presence and group interactions than Ohma. While having nothing really compelling as motivation either. He's got a hard on for a literal pimp. That's why he's fighting in this tourney.

Still sometimes get Rei and Ren mixed up.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 11, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everyone knows that love is what makes you strong, we just gotta see if one mans love for a village is greater than anothers love for big titty mommy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like Rei, because he's basically just a comedy character who gave up all his ~warrior honor~ because he wants to rest his head in the lap of big boob lady. That one Kure guy (Hollis?) had a funny reaction to it early on.

edit: Speaking of Kure, I wonder how far Hollis (who is, IIRC, the strongest non-Raian Kure) would have gotten in the tournament, since I doubt he would have had Raian's reluctance to use techniques (and he could still use like 80% removal or something). He would have lost to Fang, but he probably could have beaten at least half of the other competitors.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I like Rei, because he's basically just a comedy character who gave up all his ~warrior honor~ because he wants to rest his head in the lap of big boob lady. That one Kure guy (Hollis?) had a funny reaction to it early on.

edit: Speaking of Kure, I wonder how far Hollis (who is, IIRC, the strongest non-Raian Kure) would have gotten in the tournament, since I doubt he would have had Raian's reluctance to use techniques (and he could still use like 80% removal or something). He would have lost to Fang, but he probably could have beaten at least half of the other competitors.

Karla is the strongest actually, having access to 90% Removal

Having an older woman love interested doesn't really make him stand out compared to the rest of the cast though. Plus this will be the second person he fights that has something real worth fighting for. Mockey wanted to keep the smiles of the children safe. And Saw is fighting for an entire village that took him and his family in. As far as we know Rei is only here because of the power of love and let me tell you, lightning chidori Sasuke here isn't doing himself any favors dissing two of my favorite fighters.

My line was a gag, just like Rei is. He's a young, sexy shonen/fighting game protagonist like Luffy or whatever, who when they actually confront they MILF or femme fatale, actually are just as or more affected by their charms, then vice versa.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 11, 2018

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I have to imagine that while Karla and Ryan both have better removal rates, Hollis would be the better fighter due to his experience and temperament.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

I have to imagine that while Karla and Ryan both have better removal rates, Hollis would be the better fighter due to his experience and temperament.

While I agree, it's noted that Karla is just as loving rare and weird as Raian, having reached the rate she has at 16 and her success at the family training all together. Hell it's stated she be the dominate/ be female Fang or maybe better if the Kengan fighters were all women despite being insanely youthful. As Hollis, who knows? He didn't ever push Raian as far Ohama did, but he wouldn't be the idiot to reveal his trump card so early or continue a fight after he won, and get a surprise rear end whopping

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 11, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One of the chapters in this volume is called "Friend" so I hope we see Saw create another Gaolang style friendship with Rei.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that ladys gonna have two buff dudes resting on her lap now

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Wasn't Raian not actually supposed to use Removal at all during the tournament? So it seems likely to me that any non-Raian Kure who joined it would have to get as far as they could using their skills alone, no removal.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’m glad that there will be another Kengan Ashura arc starting up, because Hibiki and Machio need some time in the main comic

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hope its another 300 chapters

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Dying brother" and "hometown village and beloved younger brothers under threat of eviction" flashbacks are very potent weapons. Saw Paing totally wasted these flashbacks by having them before the fight even began. :(

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm glad they're doing another Kengan Ashura. I'm hoping it's what someone else mentioned a few pages back, another tournament with matchups we didn't see the first time around.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

JosephWongKS posted:

"Dying brother" and "hometown village and beloved younger brothers under threat of eviction" flashbacks are very potent weapons. Saw Paing totally wasted these flashbacks by having them before the fight even began. :(

Saw Paing doesn't have the most... let's say 'nuanced' understanding of time, place, and manner.

Time: Now

Place: Here

Manner: LOOOUUUD!!!!!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Except for when he's cooking. That would be dangerous and irresponsible

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
julius is no match for machio's all-natural muscles

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

After Gensai and Setsuna duke it out we'll get to enjoy Hatsumi Sen sleeping for an unprecedented 21 hours straight since Hanafusa killed Bando.

Unless they do a substitution I guess.

I have some speculation about this now that we've seen Wakatsuki's match against Julius.

We know that Bandoh Yohei's CEO approached Wakatsuki's CEO after the banquet at the end of Round 1 - https://mangadex.org/chapter/446945/24

At the time we thought that Bandoh's CEO had asked Wakatsuki's CEO to lend him Wakatsuki as a substitute for Bandoh, since this discussion came right after Metsudo's announcement that every company is allowed to change to a new fighter.

However, we now know that:

(a) Wakatsuki's CEO did not find a new fighter for his own match against Toyo / Julius, and Wakatsuki did not forfeit his match against Julius. Instead, he went all out and got so injured that he's in no condition to fight again on the same day for Bando.

(b) Wakatsuki's CEO has allied himself with Nogi - https://mangadex.org/chapter/459278/6

Therefore, the discussion between Bandoh's CEO and Wakatsuki's CEO cannot have been about lending Wakatsuki to Bandoh's CEO.

So what could the discussion have been about?

Now, recall that Wakatsuki's CEO isn't just any old CEO, but the CEO of Furumi Pharmaceuticals. Therefore, my guess is that Bandoh's CEO had approached Wakatsuki's CEO for some kind of experimental medicine to cure the poison afflicting Bandoh.

As such, Bandoh himself (and not a substitute) will be facing Hatsumi during their match. Also, the medicine (being experimental) will have some kind of freakish side-effect, turning Bandoh into even more of a mutant freak-show than he already is.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

I have some speculation about this now that we've seen Wakatsuki's match against Julius.

We know that Bandoh Yohei's CEO approached Wakatsuki's CEO after the banquet at the end of Round 1 - https://mangadex.org/chapter/446945/24

At the time we thought that Bandoh's CEO had asked Wakatsuki's CEO to lend him Wakatsuki as a substitute for Bandoh, since this discussion came right after Metsudo's announcement that every company is allowed to change to a new fighter.

However, we now know that:

(a) Wakatsuki's CEO did not find a new fighter for his own match against Toyo / Julius, and Wakatsuki did not forfeit his match against Julius. Instead, he went all out and got so injured that he's in no condition to fight again on the same day for Bando.

(b) Wakatsuki's CEO has allied himself with Nogi - https://mangadex.org/chapter/459278/6

Therefore, the discussion between Bandoh's CEO and Wakatsuki's CEO cannot have been about lending Wakatsuki to Bandoh's CEO.

So what could the discussion have been about?

Now, recall that Wakatsuki's CEO isn't just any old CEO, but the CEO of Furumi Pharmaceuticals. Therefore, my guess is that Bandoh's CEO had approached Wakatsuki's CEO for some kind of experimental medicine to cure the poison afflicting Bandoh.

As such, Bandoh himself (and not a substitute) will be facing Hatsumi during their match. Also, the medicine (being experimental) will have some kind of freakish side-effect, turning Bandoh into even more of a mutant freak-show than he already is.

Full quoting because this is awesome detective work. It also brings up the possibility of seeing that insane Doc back in action.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno about a sequel, I mean, after Yamashita Kazuo manages to become the main shareholder of every single Japanese company they would have to, like, fight Apple, Carrefour, Samsung, Ikea, and... never mind seems like a good setup.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a dopeass speculation, but it does make me wonder why he'd do that when 1) Nogi made a deal with Teito to kill Bando if Teito failed and 2) Bando is Sen's next opponent, and it's in Nogi's best interests to let Sen reach the next opponent with minimal injuries.

Given that Furumi and Nogi and Teito are technically in the same boat, and Teito wants Bando dead, what does Furumi seek to accomplish here?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NutritiousSnack posted:

Karla is the strongest actually, having access to 90% Removal

My line was a gag, just like Rei is. He's a young, sexy shonen/fighting game protagonist like Luffy or whatever, who when they actually confront they MILF or femme fatale, actually are just as or more affected by their charms, then vice versa.

Her removal is the highest for a non-Raian Kure (I thought it was 85% though?), but that doesn't mean she's the strongest in a fight. She's young, and I imagine Hollis's experience would make him better (I think he's actually explicitly the guy they would have chosen if they hadn't chosen Raian).

Also, Hollis has silly hair, which is basically a sign that he hides great strength.

Eopia posted:

Wasn't Raian not actually supposed to use Removal at all during the tournament? So it seems likely to me that any non-Raian Kure who joined it would have to get as far as they could using their skills alone, no removal.

This is actually kinda weird, because I have no idea why Kure-grandpa would have thought Raian stood a chance without using removal (since he should have already been aware of his temperament and preferred way of fighting).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 12, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Metsudoh expected Hollis to be the Kure representative. The three Kure dudes are probably among the strongest Kure Clan members besides Raian.

The thing about Raian not being allowed to use Removal becomes sorta weird when Zero reveals that Erio himself used the Removal in his matches (Metsudoh asks him how long he can maintain it before the fight that ultimately won Metsudoh his status as Chairman). Though I guess Erio just had second thoughts about seeing the Removal being used to blatantly and flagrantly by Raian, when he could have just used techniques to win just fine.

Erio himself didn't really use Kure techniques early on in his Kengan career. It was only after his loss that he decided to go back and master every technique there was available to him. So prior to that he was probably just getting by on what small selection of skills he had. Unknown if he had the Removal before his training though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like how even though Seki lost the match, he still won over the whole crowd. Even when he loses he still wins.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'm glad we all believe in pro wrestling but it's time for SAWWWWWW PAINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you all heard how excited I am for him.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/462341/1

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy poo poo Saw Paing is 30? The whole time I though he was at least 10 years younger.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i've never seen a fight so one-sided, there's no way saw paing can beat rei's tactics putting his fingers in his ears

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lol

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I can't believe we might have gotten a boring generic Russian dude instead of African Mercenary Daredevil.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We already have a Russian and he's weaker than Rihito.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I hope Saw Paing headbutts Rei into the ground.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Also he's sort-of inspired by Idi Amin, that's hilarious.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Every now and again Japan does something I should roll my eyes at but instead it turns out to be 100% awesome.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Holy poo poo Saw Paing is 30? The whole time I though he was at least 10 years younger.
I keep forgetting that Saw and Gaolang are supposed to have had a longstanding "rivalry" and Gaolang is 28. I had Saw pegged for being 19 or so myself for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gaolong says he has the advantage, I think he is right. Sawpaing is someone you have to do lethal force to if you want a quick end to the fight. Nonlethal blows are not going to end him fast enough and rei won't kill anymore. I bet his style like removal or advance has a limited time frame because of its stress on the body.

Admittedly Julius or Wata would probably be able to break his bones with sheer overwhelming force but otherwise you need to really kill him... Muteba could do it with his heart punch.