Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

poo poo you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

if someone ate eren would they get the armor power

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
probably just an upset stomach

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

Aren't the attack titan and female titan just the same titan? I mean Annie doesn't have armor on all the time like Reiner, she selectively hardens in the same way that Eren later learns to. If they don't outright say what their powers are then they're probably just titans meant specifically for fighting other titans. Just really adaptive forms that can pretty much outbrawl all the other ones minus the huge ones. We've seen Annie gently caress up Eren, we've seen Eren gently caress up Annie, and Reiner, and Galliard, and Warhammer.

doesn't eren only get the selective hardening because he drank one of those vials

it's not that the attack titan can just do that normally. maybe other abilities could be transferred the same way, maybe the attack titan's deal is taking in other titan powers... or maybe people are just over thinking this

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So if you inject yourself with Female Titan spinal fluid you get a rockin set of... fast running legs?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's prob the partial hardening

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The attack titan has the best regeneration shown so far. I'd say Annie's titan has the scream, but also the same high combat stamina(but not regeneration) the Attack titan possesses. Maybe she was given attack serum along with the armor serum. Stacking powers doesn't seem to be an issue with titan science. Stamina may also just be the result of training. Eren managed to further surprise the Marleyans by transforming three times in short succession with no signs of fatigue. Hange obviously has been a good trainer.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 9, 2018

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I wasn't sure until recently but the anime showed Eren's hardening to be the same as Annie's, in application and color at least. I'd assumed Annie and co. got shot up with titan power ups prior to deployment. I mean she was trained in hand to hand combat because she had the female titan. Her introduction to the story already had her selectively hardening, probably something she was trained to do too.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I maintain it's no coincidence that the 4-warrior team they sent to Paradis all had the skinless look (most of Jaws body looks regular, but the face and clawed hands are skinless with armor on top, like the Armored Titan) - they mixed them all to see what would stick.

The ability Annie demonstrated to 'explode' before materializing might've been inherited from the Colossal Titan.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
If Zeke is being honest about his past and intentions, then that retroactively undermines one of the messages of Grisha's backstory. In Grisha's journal, he writes how he failed his son Zeke, just as his own father did to him, by indoctrinating Zeke and treating him as a tool. As a consequence of this, Zeke sells out his own family and the rest of the Eldian restoration movement to the Marleyan police. But, as Zeke tells it, the police were on the verge of busting the Restorationists regardless, and if that had happened, then Zeke would have been killed together with the rest. Then, the Restorationists would have been fully purged from Marley, Zeke would have never gone on to unite the anti-Marleyan volunteers, and without his support, Paridis wouldn't have been able to form an alliance with the volunteers or Hizuru. So, what I'm really getting from this is that brainwashing your kids actually produces surprisingly decent results in the long run.

Unless Zeke actually turns out to be a huge jerk, at least.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Zeke is almost definitely doing some Liquid Ocelot poo poo. I think he's genuine about wanting to destroy Marley, but I think he has it in for lots of other folks too. He's still gonna be the final villain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

I wasn't sure until recently but the anime showed Eren's hardening to be the same as Annie's, in application and color at least. I'd assumed Annie and co. got shot up with titan power ups prior to deployment. I mean she was trained in hand to hand combat because she had the female titan. Her introduction to the story already had her selectively hardening, probably something she was trained to do too.

maybe but if so then why didn't they give that to bertholtdt too

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe but if so then why didn't they give that to bertholtdt too

Who says they didn't? We never see him using hardening, but then he never needed it as a weapon given his immense size and strength, and as a defense it might be altogether incompatible with his scalding steam AoE.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zeke should just be ganked at this point. Stalling this and denying Levi his big moment is just no fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Who says they didn't? We never see him using hardening, but then he never needed it as a weapon given his immense size and strength, and as a defense it might be altogether incompatible with his scalding steam AoE.

if he could have used it, he absolutely would have

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

I’m pretty sure the flashback where they show the warriors training in Marley, one of the marleyan commanders says something about how well Annie is performing after being given the hardening power. So I took that as pretty much confirming that she took an armor bottle the way Eren did, and thus the hardening is an obtained rather than innate ability (at least for her, not Reiner)

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
I've been rereading from about where the anime is at (after watching that).
One thing that stood out to me was at the end of 107: Gabi and Falco make their escape from prison, and then Reiner wakes up and claims he heard their voices.
I wonder if this is like when Eren Kruger talked about Mikasa and Armin, and that this means either Falco or Gabi will inherit the armored titan. So Reiner is actually experiencing past memories of a future Armored Titan.

Also after listening to the anime I feel that Hange should probably be translated as Hansje or Hansi, which are diminituive/female forms of Hans.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I think Zeke is being sincere when he says he wants to destroy Marley.

He's just leaving out that he intends on destroying every other nation in the world. Eren won't be down for that, so therein would be their conflict.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Piriwi posted:

Also after listening to the anime I feel that Hange should probably be translated as Hansje or Hansi, which are diminituive/female forms of Hans.

Donkringel posted:

I think Zeke is being sincere when he says he wants to destroy Marley.

He's just leaving out that he intends on destroying every other nation in the world. Eren won't be down for that, so therein would be their conflict.

These two unrelated conjectures are both probably true.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Donkringel posted:

We don't really know what Eren is thinking anymore (that's kind of the central drama point going into this last arc). So, that statement is major, unsubstantiated conjecture on your part.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So the anime aired an episode explaining that the old military trainer guy with sunken eyes was also the person who hosed with Eren's 3DM gear and he knew Eren's dad. Was all of this in the manga? I forgot so much around this point in time.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

DaveKap posted:

So the anime aired an episode explaining that the old military trainer guy with sunken eyes was also the person who hosed with Eren's 3DM gear and he knew Eren's dad. Was all of this in the manga? I forgot so much around this point in time.

Yeah, that was all in the manga. It's honestly hard to believe it was so long ago that those episodes came out, to be honest.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I'm curious if Isayama knew far enough in advance that Shadis was going to be revealed as the prior SC commander that he actually told the anime folks to animate the guy like a young Shadis, cause the studio drat well wouldn't be able to tell who was who with the early manga art style.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daxing Dan posted:

But, as Zeke tells it, the police were on the verge of busting the Restorationists regardless

How would a kid know that sort of thing?

Daxing Dan posted:

Unless Zeke actually turns out to be a huge jerk, at least.

Ahhhh.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

trucutru posted:

How would a kid know that sort of thing?

A young Zeke is shown eavesdropping on Marleyan police

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Anime won't come back until April, but today's episode ended with a teaser where Eren and Mikasa are fighting against Levi over the titan serum

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

theCalamity posted:

Anime won't come back until April

The gently caress.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you're killin me here

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

They announced as a 2-cour season right?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JahRoo posted:

They announced as a 2-cour season right?

I imagine this is partially due to the typhoon that hosed up Japan, and partially to give the manga some more time to close in on the ending.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Someone posted the gallery of the images that flashed by during the credits

https://imgur.com/a/rpkK6P4

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I imagine this is partially due to the typhoon that hosed up Japan, and partially to give the manga some more time to close in on the ending.

Apparently each episode for the past several weeks has had like 3 animation directors and 20 key animators. The production company seems to have fallen behind schedule and has been struggling for a little while to make up for it. The break is likely to reduce that, and to make sure RtS is good, considering it'll ben an action-heavy arc with lots of animation.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm just glad I didn't get into AoT during that four years of no anime. That would have sucked way more.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Here's the clip for folks who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmO7onGrLWQ

Hell of a thing to tease.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

ATP_Power posted:

Here's the clip for folks who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmO7onGrLWQ

Hell of a thing to tease.

That clip is really good for setting up a question (what could make them fight each other) without giving anything up otherwise (group of them on a ruined rooftop like we’ve seen plenty of times before)

Though the anime-only, those who remain unspoiled, will slap themselves when they notice Armin is in the shot too.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Peacoffee posted:

That clip is really good for setting up a question (what could make them fight each other) without giving anything up otherwise (group of them on a ruined rooftop like we’ve seen plenty of times before)

Though the anime-only, those who remain unspoiled, will slap themselves when they notice Armin is in the shot too.

And Erwin.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

And Bert, if you're looking for it, the dismembered body is steaming like crazy.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Rather than the confrontation with Levi, I'd have preferred bits of Armin's monologue over panning shots of dead scouts, followed by him standing on the Attack Titan's shoulder atop the wall, both defiantly facing the approaching Colossal Titan.

"Eren, let's go see the ocean."

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, the leaks are LAAAAAAATE this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

eren and zeke are gonna activate the wall nukes and destroy the world