Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i recently went to an island in maine without internet access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The majority of my work skills have to do with computer without computer im worthless.

much like when i am with computer.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

this weekend I went up a goddamn mountain

it was a bit hot and the trails were really brutal

:hellyeah:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

PokeJoe posted:

i love em too, i used one i made out of a beercan for a while (http://zenstoves.net/) before i upgraded to a folding model because i wanted better wind blockage.

burns pretty much any liquid fuel (its got a knockoff trangia burner) or also wood and maybe charcoal if you wanted

same but a Trangia because :sweden:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive made a lot of stoves

lots of can stoves and also bottle stoves! you can make one out of one of those aluminum Bud Light bottles

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30011832/
these make good stoves too. bundle of sticks or pine cones or w/e and it'll roast

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i need to figure out a good earthquake preparedness stove setup

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lancemantis posted:

it's called a camp stove

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lancemantis posted:

just get a lighter and find a ruptured gas main, now you've got a stove for the whole neighborhood.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's called a camp stove

well yeah I'm just trying to find one that I like that uses a fuel source I can stick in my emergency crate outside that doesn't care about sitting around for long periods of time in that situation

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

well yeah I'm just trying to find one that I like that uses a fuel source I can stick in my emergency crate outside that doesn't care about sitting around for long periods of time in that situation

coleman butane stove. just dont put your scared box in the sun

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

prepping for people who really don't want to call themselves preppers

this gun? no it's not for looters, it's for, uh, in case a rabid moose appears in downtown san jose. during an earthquake.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lancemantis posted:

litterrally every propane camp stove. you could also do esbit

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah esbit was what I was leaning towards since some alcohol bricks seem like they would store nicely

i dont want a canister of fuel that will explode on a hot day :ohdear:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

ive made a lot of stoves

lots of can stoves and also bottle stoves! you can make one out of one of those aluminum Bud Light bottles

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30011832/
these make good stoves too. bundle of sticks or pine cones or w/e and it'll roast

have you made more bongs or more stoves?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
technically i should never not be bumping this thread

serenity now!!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I want to be outside but the next 9 months are going to be cold, dark, and rainy. please advise

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

move

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
big ol' buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump right here

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I want to be outside but the next 9 months are going to be cold, dark, and rainy. please advise

esatan make the bonfire

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

come to beautiful Southern California

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

move to west virginia, spend the winter in a warm place, spend the rest of the time in almost heaven

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
go to pittsburgh the parisnof the midwest

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

move to west virginia, spend the winter in a warm place, spend the rest of the time in almost heaven

lmao I'm never moving to a red state shithole unless it's that or death [i choose death]

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lmao I'm never moving to a red state shithole unless it's that or death [i choose death]

ya I’m leaving next year. anyone want to buy my house

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

don't remember this verse in the song

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

go outside anyway, no one else will be out

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

today i went on a really long talk to get lunch and i saw a park on the way so basically i did the thing :feelsgood:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bump

i'll never do it but bump anyway

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

the one time i was in WV it was exactly how i imagined

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

I’m in my mid-forties and each day I want more and more to give up my lucrative programming career and learn to draw, or just silkscreen T-shirts that no one buys.

I wanna wander around Asel art at 11 am on a Tuesday. ☹️

The yearning accelerated when everyone started saying words like “Sprint”, “user story”, and “technical debt”’

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Pike posted:

I’m in my mid-forties and each day I want more and more to give up my lucrative programming career and learn to draw, or just silkscreen T-shirts that no one buys.

I wanna wander around Asel art at 11 am on a Tuesday. ☹️

The yearning accelerated when everyone started saying words like “Sprint”, “user story”, and “technical debt”’

as a burned out 40 year old, i

yeah, i feel ya

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/979810839749210112

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

gently caress it, i'll quote this one

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I have this one printed out and put up over my desk at home I should hang it up at work as well

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's going to be 26°C this weekend and it's the fall goddammit this isn't normal

Gonna use this opportunity to go to the beach though.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

but those are the best possible conditions?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lancemantis posted:

but those are the best possible conditions?

doing stuff in cold rain is real bad

snow is great
rain bad

I want to go backpacking but I don't want to be wet the entire time hnnngh

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the cold rain matches my cold mood; very needs suiting

a cold rainy morning in the santa cruz mountains or similar is like my favorite thing ever

especially when the newts come out :3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like rain camping, the woods are real peaceful with a light drizzle going on and no one else is ever around. I did some winter camping in the San Juan islands and it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

it's been snowing and my pup really likes it