Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

yeah i see it

Really? I guess you can see anything if you try hard enough but that seemed like any other normal interaction to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The true art is mastering shitposting while barely posting

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Those were much more interesting than I thought! Wish I was in a masonry with Ecco

:same: being alone is boring :(

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
No seriously what’s with all the stuff about me meant to be in a masonry with Ecco

I mean it sounds great but also makes zero sense

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m curious to hear from Ecco which flavour claim they want to stick with. Are you Giles or are you Willy?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

:same: being alone is boring :(

Hmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

im not trying to say im town because im posting lots, i'm trying to say you're voting someone for posting lots. scum are worried about active town. so you're action isn't very towny. rip u

Beet baby, that was never my reason. You've had too much to drink. If I wasn't at work, I'd call you and sing you a lullaby because clearly you need some sleep.

My reason for voting you was that you voted for Bee because you suggested he was protecting his scummates.

Meaning you think both Dancer and Ecco are, or have potential to be, scum.

Now, maybe it was the tonic, or a joke when you were voting, but I thought it was curious because:

A. I'm leaning towards a dunk on neither atm, if one of the two, Ecco obviously, but...
B. I'd reason Dancer is more likely to be town for the organic nature of how everything was revealed explained and...
C. Ecco could be making a scumbles stumble, but I doubt it.

##unvote

THe sauce

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

No seriously what’s with all the stuff about me meant to be in a masonry with Ecco

I mean it sounds great but also makes zero sense

I assume that was related to the “mod post deleted” part of the chat. Maybe humalong is bad at sending PMs to the right person

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Ugh, I need to read more and censor better.

We have reason to believe that it was you in masonry with Ecco in the initial set-up but set-up changed for some reason.

No I will not elaborate because I already consider this to be cheating.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh I skimmed the text dump for the pertinent claim bits, didn't see the weirdness.....

Maybe we should just vote ecco.

##vote ecco

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I wonder what to make of that, the log after Dancer posts the ultimatum looks kinda not town Imo. What's the argument for not lunching one of them? That town investigations will clear them eventually?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

We have reason to believe that it was you in masonry with Ecco in the initial set-up but set-up changed for some reason.

ohh

##unvote

lmao

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AA I can’t believe you are drunk this early in the morning

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

If anything, I'm a bit high off of this 12 hour cough syrup and 12 hour mucinex, but I see crystal clear.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's lunch time somewhere in the world.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Dancer posted:

I CALL A DO OVER!

PUT ME IN A MASONRY WITH ECCO

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I wonder what to make of that, the log after Dancer posts the ultimatum looks kinda not town Imo. What's the argument for not lunching one of them? That town investigations will clear them eventually?

The argument for not lunching one of them is it’s better to lunch scum

##vote Toalpaz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

No it just seems like a lot of nothing so who would you want to kill? It seems like Ecco being Ecco to me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd say that type of inadvertent admission reasons within setup speculation that both of them are town, imo.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Who with the what now? Who are you claiming is looking not town now, and why?

(I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything, I genuinely don't know what you're saying)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

In before some arseblaster comes in with ohhhhggggh but we’d leeeearn so marrrrrch muuuooooore with flipping one of ECCO orrrr DARRRRRNsuh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

In before some arseblaster comes in with ohhhhggggh but we’d leeeearn so marrrrrch muuuooooore with flipping one of ECCO orrrr DARRRRRNsuh

Now we will never know who blasts arse

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Specifically the demanding stuff and asking dancer to take back elements of what he said. I don't have a lot of meta knowledge of ecco, but dancer comes across as Townie and Ecco as scummy I thought.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mod can I post a fake discord chat I conjured up since I was bored?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

imgay posted:

Mod can I post a fake discord chat I conjured up since I was bored?

I mean, Ecco did concur they were in a mason pairing. I’m holding back on immediate judgment until a. Ecco has a chance to read the logs Dancer put up and voice their opinions on it & b. Post their own logs if they believe he’s bs-ing them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

What the actual poo poo

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well gently caress me for being off a day dealing with a bad knee.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Actually you all are soft cause you think Ecco is a good player. If any of the new players in this game scum claimed in Mason chat you'd be biting at the bit to flip em day one. This is either a lunch all liars game or it isn't, so I'd rather use that as a crutch and be safe.

##vote ecco

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Actually you all are soft cause you think Ecco is a good player. If any of the new players in this game scum claimed in Mason chat you'd be biting at the bit to flip em day one. This is either a lunch all liars game or it isn't, so I'd rather use that as a crutch and be safe.

##vote ecco

You do you, don’t listen to these arseblasters

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm an arseblaster

I'll blast your arses.

Also I think toal makes a good point.

##vote ecco

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I hope Ecco is a Scum Godfather and rides this to victory.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I, for one, am going to vote for the person acting awkwardly in response to this situation: ##vote ASF

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
these bits from the convo stood out to me as scummy to me

quote:

DancerToday at 12:49 AM
And, like, I can already see it happening that you get recruited N1 and then turn on me :v
Also, I kinda already claimed to have a bombshell and don't want to just make poo poo up
rebeccoToday at 12:53 AM
you could say that you just made up the bombshell to start a conversation
that's v. townie

encourages dancer to lie to thread before he claimed fully

quote:

rebeccoToday at 1:03 AM
because I think that's more likely
I don't want to have a hostile relationship dancer!
I can't communicate with scum or else I'd have known you weren't scum, and there's nothing in my PM that indicates I can be "recruited" or something
DancerToday at 1:04 AM
This. Is. MAFIAAA.
rebeccoToday at 1:04 AM
I'm, for all intents and purposes, in the same boat as you
we just have different motivations for wanting to find the scum
but we have the same goal right now
and I think we'd both be more effective at it if we worked together

different motivations for finding scum?

quote:

DancerToday at 1:14 AM
But you're not helping by claimingti'm lying
When I'm not lying
rebeccoToday at 1:14 AM
I didn't say you're lying
you're welcome to post a "ecco has convinced me they were joking"
DancerToday at 1:15 AM
"the only thing true is X"; my statement that you didn't recan't is something beyond X
rebeccoToday at 1:15 AM
oh no he said she said
there is no way you could have predicted this would happen
DancerToday at 1:16 AM
If we're both town, we can just both honestly and unambiguously say what happened
You could, for instance, clarify that I wasn't lying in my first post.
rebeccoToday at 1:17 AM
nah
you need to recant first
since you're the one who went and posted
because I'm about survival and I'm going to do whatever it takes to survive

refuses to clarify for the thread

Toalpaz posted:

Specifically the demanding stuff and asking dancer to take back elements of what he said. I don't have a lot of meta knowledge of ecco, but dancer comes across as Townie and Ecco as scummy I thought.

i agree with this, looking forward to hearing from ecco

merk did you have more stuff to say re: dancer? asf what thoughts do you have on the situation?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't remember commenting about Dancer at all. Let me go look!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Ecco is true.

Dancer is false.

More to come.

Oh, this was a nonsense post. You can ignore it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm going to claim.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

##vote ecco

I’m not liking the “we’re only not voting for Ecco because we think they’re good.” We’ve only heard one side of the story and I’m not eager to jump on a lynch train without hearing what Ecco has to say at the very least. I don’t want to get too eager and then accidentally vote out a townie without at least a little bit of discussion.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

different motivations for finding scum?

That was when ecco was still pretending (allegedly) to be a traitor, she later recanted that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I put the wrong name in Ecco’s role PM. I was rushing to get the game started. Mod mistake, nothing more.

Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I’m not liking the “we’re only not voting for Ecco because we think they’re good.” We’ve only heard one side of the story and I’m not eager to jump on a lynch train without hearing what Ecco has to say at the very least. I don’t want to get too eager and then accidentally vote out a townie without at least a little bit of discussion.

Its 10 to lunch, I put number 2 down. It's hardly a scumrush, I'm just putting my vote where I think it's needed. I think Ecco has time to reply here.

• Locked thread