Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
It'd be cool if this game was out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

el oso posted:

It'd be cool if this game was out now.

I'd play it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
hell yeah brother

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wish I could name my horse I would name it boz skaggs.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Who's stopping you?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Boz (work ya dang) Nags

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm pretty sure you can name your horse.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Well that’s excellent news.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The Bold Kobold posted:

I'm pretty sure you can name your horse.

You name it by thinking "I'm going to call this horse 'Barry'."

Then, when you ride him, you remember "I called this horse 'Barry', I remember!"

Then when your character is getting off the horse, you mumble under breath "Good boy Barry" and you hope no-one heard you say it.

That's how it works. It worked last game, too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Funso Banjo posted:

You name it by thinking "I'm going to call this horse 'Barry'."

Then, when you ride him, you remember "I called this horse 'Barry', I remember!"

Then when your character is getting off the horse, you mumble under breath "Good boy Barry" and you hope no-one heard you say it.

That's how it works. It worked last game, too.

I'm sorry but I have to inform you that this will actually be paid dlc:tipshat:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
D-Horse rides again!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
”Do it.”

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hey guys, I know this probably isn't the best thread to ask but I figure a lot of you will be using PS4 Pro's so might have some experience.

I am thinking of getting a PS4 Pro, I don't have a 4k TV but i do have a 2160p monitor. If I plug my PS4P into that, will the game display at 2160p or will I get some sort of butchered downgrade?

I have a PS4 currently, do you think the upgrade will be worth it if I'm not using 4k? I'd like the framerate to stay at 30 as much as possible generally.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

TescoBag posted:

I don't have a 4k TV but i do have a 2160p monitor. If I plug my PS4P into that, will the game display at 2160p or will I get some sort of butchered downgrade?

You may not have a 4K TV but you do have a 4K monitor (2160p is 4k) so there shouldn't be any problem as long as your monitor supports 4K/60Hz.

If it doesn’t, the picture may be scaled down to 2K/60Hz. the PS4 Pro should automatically enable 4K if it detects a 4K compatible device connected to it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Any reason to bother with the special or ultimate editions? I don’t really care about online.

Ps I’m Herbert Moon

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Special addition has some extra sp bonuses and two extra side missions.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Any reason to bother with the special or ultimate editions? I don’t really care about online.

Ps I’m Herbert Moon

No. You'll get it all eventually, if you're patient.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Ps I’m Herbert Moon

Well gently caress you you racist piece of poo poo! *stands up from poker table and shoots u*

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/features/weaponry

Weapons update. The more I read about this game the less I can believe it's even real, but everything so far has been verified by previews and official media. I guess this is what you get when you have unlimited money and effectively unlimited time to make a game. Next two weeks are going to be slow waiting.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Zutaten posted:

Weapons update. The more I read about this game the less I can believe it's even real, but everything so far has been verified by previews and official media. I guess this is what you get when you have unlimited money and effectively unlimited time to make a game. Next two weeks are going to be slow waiting.

I like how he's just looking straight ahead while reloading the Cattlemen Revolver.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

quote:

If you’re carrying something in one hand, like a lantern or small animal,

gonna carry a cat in one hand during all my gun fights

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

gey muckle mowser posted:

gonna carry a cat in one hand during all my gun fights

I remember they said that if you skin an animal, it actually shows it in all its gory glory and you need to carry the skin back to your horse's saddlebags instead of just shoving it in your Back Pocket of Holding.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope I don't need a special outfit to cheat at cards to get into duels in this one.

I just want to cheat at cards and shoot people in the face for being rightfully upset

especially if that person is herbert moon

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I never once was able to successfully cheat at cards. Never. I just couldn't understand what the game wanted me to do.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zutaten posted:

jesus. right into my veins. loving westworld the game.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I remember they said that if you skin an animal, it actually shows it in all its gory glory and you need to carry the skin back to your horse's saddlebags instead of just shoving it in your Back Pocket of Holding.

Saddlebags of holding instead.

If your horse dies I wonder if you have to carry everything to a new horse?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

Red Dead Redemption is literally the only video game I would play other than the occasional urge to do some 'Craftin'. I threw my 360 out in 2014 and am console-less since.

I'm really torn up if its worth buying a new console just for this, especially since I'd go the lowball route, which appears to be a 1TB XboxOne or 500gb PS4. I've been pumped for this game for soo long, but looking at consoles idk what to do. I guess the cost of XboxLive really makes me lean towards PS4. blegh.

And my thought is, if there was a sizeable amount of goons to play RDR2 with for a couple of years it might make it more worthwhile.

I'm assuming a PC version will be out in ~6 months, and if it's not, well, you can still buy a console then, yeah?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
imgur gallery of Edge Magazine’s preview. They got to play six hours of the game. It’s mildly spoilers, but no more than the other previews. Also contains the line

quote:

A bystander takes exception to our appearance and we take exception to his face.

Oh and it seems you can be an arsehole to kids, so that’s me satisfied.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Little bastard shot me in the rear end!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
This game looks like it's going to let me basically live in a virtual "Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch" world, which is all that I really need, honestly :clint:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, I didn't even know Edge was still around. That magazine any good? I haven't read their site in ages.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Wow, I didn't even know Edge was still around. That magazine any good? I haven't read their site in ages.

It’s... alright. Better than the official console magazines, but nothing you can’t get from the Internet these days. They usually have nicely designed covers and layouts, I stopped buying it when Leigh Alexander left.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

winter.mute posted:

You may not have a 4K TV but you do have a 4K monitor (2160p is 4k) so there shouldn't be any problem as long as your monitor supports 4K/60Hz.

If it doesn’t, the picture may be scaled down to 2K/60Hz. the PS4 Pro should automatically enable 4K if it detects a 4K compatible device connected to it.

But, it should be noted, you'll be missing out on the real show of the resolution jump: HDR.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'm torn between attempting the game without hud (assume there's a crosshair at least?) And trying to follow the directions etc or just saying gently caress it because either way game looks great so far

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
no hud made the new hitman game extremely loving good to playthrough for the first time

there won't be nearly as many streets like GTA so i think it'll be worth trying it

idk if i wanna do first person only on top of it though since there's gonna be cutscenes and stuff anyway

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zipperelli. posted:

And GameStop will offer you a modest $2.80 less than a year after release.

When i traded gta v a little over a year ago i got 25 bucks for it though so ... (with my 20% bonus for elite membership and probably also a bonus trade credit promo)

In other GameStop news, my ultimate edition preorder is finally payed off, my local store is doing a 9pm release on the 25th, and I've taken the 26th off from work. I'm so excited and gay

titties fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 13, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I don't recall if it was already mentioned or not but apparently there's going to be a PS4 Pro bundle with RDR2 for free if anyone was interested in that sort of thing. Article I saw from 9/25 said the only one guaranteeing availability on release day is Best Buy with local pickup, so here's the link if interested:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-p...2TLcNEOBBtPRNNw

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Honestly the busy work is kind of getting me worried.

Have to change inventory from the horse? Interesting gameplay implications. Horse can lerma die? Could be interesting worried about it tripping on a rock and glitch dieing. Have to take care of horse? Okay? Have to dress for the weather? Uhh wait a sec. Have to clean clothes and take showers? I don't see what- Gotta shave that beard. Ummm sir. EAT TOO MUCH GET FAT. Please no more...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It'll probably only have minor impact. Like if you don't put on a coat while going up in the mountains, you stamina may drain a bit faster, but you probably won't freeze to death :shrug:
That being said, I can't wait to groom my horse, take care of it, learn it some tricks and then accidentally shoot it in the back of the head with a shotgun while I'm chasing outlaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I suspect a lot of these menial tasks are going to have a very minimal impact on gameplay.