Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I, too, am looking forward to Tesla's pivot to booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Combat Theory posted:

Most active safety systems on vehicles are explosive actuated. The average German vehicle is carrying between 10 to 20 explosive charges around to actuate airbags, belt tensioners, rollover hoops and more specialized stuff.

are these real big daddy explosives like TNT or just sad failing girly-man gas generators like sodium azide

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

are these real big daddy explosives like TNT or just sad failing girly-man gas generators like sodium azide

Depends on the manufacturer. Usually nitrous compounds and in some cases blackpowder. Classic airbags use sodium azide and KNO3. The infamous Takata airbags are blackpowder ammonium nitrate.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 12, 2018

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

drinking and burning to death in your car is still illegal

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sagebrush posted:

sodium azide

there's a NaN joke in there but i got like three hours of sleep last night :effort:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

TK-42-1 posted:

Pleb: "Elon, this workplace is toxic"
Elon: "toxic... Intoxicating... Working at Tesla is intoxicating... Liquor is intoxicating... Tesla branded liquor!"

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

When is Elon gonna adopt the Tesla lifestyle and become obsessed with pigeons and the number 3

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

TerminalRaptor posted:

Pleb: "Elon, this workplace is toxic"
Elon: "toxic... Intoxicating... Working at Tesla is intoxicating... Liquor is intoxicating... Tesla branded liquor!"
"With slight modifications, we can retrofit these unsold flamethrowers into Boring Company Turbo Buttchuggers"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iirc the first ejection seats used a 40mm blank cannon shell and the back of the seat had a tube that slid over the "barrel" of the ejection mechanism, shooting you out of the plane like a mortar

modern ones are rockets, which gives a more survivable acceleration curve

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

iirc the first ejection seats used a 40mm blank cannon shell and the back of the seat had a tube that slid over the "barrel" of the ejection mechanism, shooting you out of the plane like a mortar

can we get this in the f-35

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

:ughh:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Poniard posted:

When is Elon gonna adopt the Tesla lifestyle and become obsessed with pigeons and the number 3

think he's gonna embrace the trump lifestyle and put his brand on increasingly disparate products in gold letters

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Imagine four teslas on the edge of a cliff. The autopilot of the first one engages and flies off the cliff. The fourth one crashes into the other two. All catch fire and consign their passangers to a painful death.

Disruption works the same way.

actually there were only ever two functional Tesla’s in the first place

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i still say they should just put musky in charge of the tesla merch/gift shop only and hed do great

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

way to get on the tequila trend like 5 years after it peaked

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol. the musky boy was at the white house yesterday to cry over spacex losing out on a bunch of dod rocket contracts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
probably shouldn't a hit that j on camera, huh?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Last Chance posted:

i still say they should just put musky in charge of the tesla merch/gift shop only and hed do great

hucksters are all merch salesmen at heart

trump sells red hats, steaks, his ugly golf club, condos, etc.
kanye sells $4 gildan sweatshirts for $600
the tesla is essentially a $90k band shirt for elon musk

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

a car company that sells booze. a winning combination

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Poniard posted:

he's already obsessed with making a bunch of model 3s so how closely are gulls and pigeons related?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

repossessado

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

repossessado

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

flakeloaf posted:

repossessado

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

probably shouldn't a hit that j on camera, huh?

idk if it's even that, the DOD generally launches massive things to weird orbits and the falcon 9 sucks at that and the falcon heavy may or may not even exist anymore

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's certainly a much more reasonable and much less entertaining reason, yes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Toady posted:

a car company that sells booze. a winning combination

*please drink responsibly

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

flakeloaf posted:

repossessado

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

because this tesla drives itself* we put a mini bar in the glove compartment

*based on anticipated features in yet to be released firmware, may not be available in all jurisdictions pending regulatory approval

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

infernal machines posted:

because this tesla drives itself* we put a mini bar in the glove compartment

*based on anticipated features in yet to be released firmware, may not be available in all jurisdictions pending regulatory approval

"one more game," I mutter to myself, taking another pull of teslaquila repossessado and launching another game of Q*BERT whilst hurtling towards the rear of a fire truck at 65 MPH

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Zlodo posted:

think he's gonna embrace the trump lifestyle and put his brand on increasingly disparate products in gold letters

i was going to make a crack about elon university but this is a little too on the nose

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

fixed for accuracy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

great now he thinks he's poincare

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yoinking from the cspam thread:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

iospace posted:

Yoinking from the cspam thread:

futurama-fry-talking-in-front-of-stock-price-display.gif

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The dinosaurs died when they got hit by a meteor. All of them got hit by a meteor. It was very big.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

flakeloaf posted:

repossessado

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

President Beep posted:

*please drink responsibly

*please drink & drive responsibly**

**all crashes are YOUR DUMB LAZY IDIOT FAULT tho, no take backs :pcgaming:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

:tesla::pcgaming: ALL GLORY TO THE ELON-TOAD :pcgaming::tesla:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i licked elon's back and i came to at the razer afterparty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lord Stimperor posted:

The cool thing was that it was, IIRC, also the same crew to eject out of an air plane twice when they had to do it again a short while later.

yeah this is why modern ejection seats are set up with a parachute, so instead of when you eject you splorp right back down in the plane you just ejected from, the parachute makes your seat slow down while the plane keeps going, so you end up behind it