Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Had no idea about the Siegfried Dark Legacy "minigame," that owns. Yeah it'll probably almost never come up much like Shenron in DBZ but it's still really cool that the devs put stuff like that in the game, it shows a level of creativity and care in their product and in the offchance those things do appear in a close match, it's always loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean that Dark Legacy thing just sounds like an install with a really complicated setup, not really a "minigame"

e: like I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of Siegfried and Maxi tech based around getting those installs up ASAP

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Wait so you have to buy tira? Thought she was a temporary free character, that sucks

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Gutcruncher posted:

Wait so you have to buy tira? Thought she was a temporary free character, that sucks

A bonus character for shelling out $30 in addition to the game. Idk either

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

They're called GOUGI not minigames

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

She's completely FREE if you spend $30

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

AttackBacon posted:

What do people think about...I guess for lack of a better term "mini-games" within matches?

bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

'Land death fist' is my fav minigame

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

landing the android 16 self destruct is mine

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

landing the android 16 self destruct is mine

Yoshimitsu's harakiri to double KO and win the overall match is great too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Makoto's good if you like golf games since that's her gimmick

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

persona noel has that instant death thing. does that count . and nine’s spells?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

Had no idea about the Siegfried Dark Legacy "minigame," that owns. Yeah it'll probably almost never come up much like Shenron in DBZ

Shenron came up loving twice in the Evo grand finals though

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

In Training posted:

It's neat in theory and gives the game more fun details for people to dig into but stuff like that just won't matter in actual matches 99.9% of the time, so I guess I don't really care about it

I think that's where I'm at on them in general, but the ones in SCVI are actually pretty obtainable. I was wondering so I watched a couple Tira matches from beta and people were generally hitting 6 Gloomy transitions by round 5. That's without trying to trigger the state at all, so actually getting it to close out the final round is something that good Tira's will probably be able to do fairly regularly. Maxi's and Sieg's are even easier, although you need to be more actively trying for them.

Overall, I like it both because it's a neat little nugget of knowledge and because it gives you another tool in the spacing and wakeup games. Nightmare's Terror Charge is similar, it's much simpler but it's cool that I can just hit 2A+B and get Terror Charge up, maybe because I don't want to pressure a Zas with CE loaded or something. Same deal with these mechanics, sneaking in those auto-GI's with Sieg is just something you can slip into your game to get a little bit of extra edge in case the match goes long.

Zero VGS posted:

Shenron came up loving twice in the Evo grand finals though

That poo poo was hella hype. That's another thing I like about it, since I do value the spectator experience. You are by definition a spectator of your own matches after all, stuff like T7 slowmo or Shenron is just as hype for the players as the crowd.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 12, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

AttackBacon posted:

That poo poo was hella hype. That's another thing I like about it, since I do value the spectator experience. You are by definition a spectator of your own matches after all, stuff like T7 slowmo or Shenron is just as hype for the players as the crowd.

Speaking of hype poo poo that never happens, I didn't even know these were a thing, and I played it for hours with my friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9uLxnwVqBM

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

HJE-Cobra posted:

Yoshimitsu's harakiri to double KO and win the overall match is great too

There's a couple good ones in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNkIel4JTkc&t=56s

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I actually really liked hakans oil management system lol. I believe about six people feel the same way but we’re a devoted group

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Wow no love for the all time best idiotic "I'm playing a different game from you" character?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Junpei literally was playing baseball instead of fighting his opponents in persona arena 2

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

subgame chars are fun as long as the impetus is on them to pull off their thing and not on the opponent to prevent their thing.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mina from Samsho5s

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKdELI7qXM

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah she’s for all intents and purposes part of the season pass but Namco Bandai has been The Worst about communication here

Well it doesn't help that she's a done, feature complete character in the network beta.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

I actually really liked hakans oil management system lol. I believe about six people feel the same way but we’re a devoted group

Hakan is one of, if not the best character in the game, when oiled up

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Hakan is one of, if not the best character in the game, when oiled up

Blessed to be graced by james chen on these forums

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i got kicked out of the venue when i was oiled up but security couldn't grab me so who was the real winner

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

She's completely FREE if you spend $30

I think the original messaging was she was free if you pre-ordered the season pass, but after the game's release she's an additional charge on top of the season pass that gets you different DLC characters. I think this is how they setup the Eliza DLC for Tekken 7, but maybe she was attached to a preorder of the game and not the season pass. Man, whoever thought debuting DLC characters before even the whole stock roster is announced was boneheaded.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Poniard posted:

i got kicked out of the venue when i was oiled up but security couldn't grab me so who was the real winner

The Ghost of Marvel's greatest mistake - not oiling up

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot how great that whole thing was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XKYAayVY48

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think the original messaging was she was free if you pre-ordered the season pass, but after the game's release she's an additional charge on top of the season pass that gets you different DLC characters. I think this is how they setup the Eliza DLC for Tekken 7, but maybe she was attached to a preorder of the game and not the season pass. Man, whoever thought debuting DLC characters before even the whole stock roster is announced was boneheaded.

Yeah the way they handled Eliza in T7 was dumb and so is this Tira thing, they need to make it a lot clearer what's going on. Pre-release DLC is pretty wack anyways, I'm on board with DLC in general because I understand the need for a financial incentive for post-launch support, but it's just a better look to release all currently-complete content when the game comes out. Barring that, at least specifically say "Tira is a bonus for pre-ordering the Season Pass and will be available as separate DLC later" or "Tira is part of the Season Pass, we just finished her earlier than expected" or something other than this loving mystery situation they've got going now.

In other SC news: https://twitter.com/Hayate_Ein/status/1050698049352343553
Absolutely incredible but not as completely OP as it seems at first glance. It's a lethal hit (RE options can have lethal hits as well) so it only occurs under specific conditions, probably something like beating an opponent's B on the second round of RE (Sophi starts doing her B option before the mini-cutscene). The regular one they still get flung really far, but it's a slide along the ground and won't ring them out unless you are super close to the edge.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 12, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

god drat sfiv sucked

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zero VGS posted:

Forgot how great that whole thing was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XKYAayVY48

yeah except gently caress infiltration forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I forgot that was an Infiltration match :/

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I was watching an aris youtube highlight and he said "I got those beats by infiltration" and I laughed because I am a terrible person but then I was sad. I always liked Infiltration but that poo poo is absolutely unacceptable.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
About 10 hours into T7. Man that game is breaking my dasher-trained brain over a lot of mechanics like canceling (seems entirely arbitrary?), movement (hello footsies, goodbye 99% of airgame), guard systems (downback doesn't block mids but avoids highs, which also aren't overheads?), input parsing (why is "df2" only reliable as a 6-63 motion?) or wake-up game (6+ different ways but no indication about the risk-rewards) but somehow despite all these things being way different it still feels fantastic as a beginner (unlike MKX, which just felt horrible and frustrating on so many levels i couldn't even describe them). The auto neutral block seems like a beginner trap though, and i haven't even touched the 3 (or "down-forward") parries. And sidesteps to whiff punishes are more accidental and most often get me caught.

Even the story mode CGI is actually worthwhile - and just 25GB on the drive - and goofy in a much funnier way than what mkx's story was going for. Sure are a lot of swimsuits and weird fetish crap in that 70gb though, guess they threw all that weeb-whale bait into the deluxe version for good meassure. Though really that's a small price to pay for the fantastic monstrosities people have been creating with that customization system.

Pity the training features are frustratingly sparse and there doesn't seem to be any ingame support besides raw movelist that have useless "sample combos" without any details on timing or positioning? Seems like 99% of the "info" in the game on even the most basic game mechanics is delivered exclusively via completely random and sparse loading screen "hints". Guess they really didn't expect anyone to come to the series that hadn't played every other game before it to bring their bnbs along, or - as i quickly did - just youtube all of that.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 12, 2018

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you think about it, the MAX system in KOF XIII was a Bemani minigame inside of a fighting game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The swimsuits were in the base game, enjoy

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

bandai namco is in cahoots with the strange bearded man and they split the youtube ad revenue, which is why there's no tutorial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

About 10 hours into T7. Man that game is breaking my dasher-trained brain over a lot of mechanics like canceling (seems entirely arbitrary?), movement (hello footsies, goodbye 99% of airgame), guard systems (downback doesn't block mids but avoids highs, which also aren't overheads?), input parsing (why is "df2" only reliable as a 6-63 motion?) or wake-up game (6+ different ways but no indication about the risk-rewards) but somehow despite all these things being way different it still feels fantastic as a beginner (unlike MKX, which just felt horrible and frustrating on so many levels i couldn't even describe them). The auto neutral block seems like a beginner trap though, and i haven't even touched the 3 parries. And sidesteps to whiff punishes are more accidental and most often get me caught.

Even the story mode CGI is actually worthwhile - and just 25GB on the drive - and goofy in a much funnier way than what mkx's story was going for. Sure are a lot of swimsuits and weird fetish crap in that 70gb though, guess they threw all that weeb-whale bait into the deluxe version for good meassure. Though really that's a small price to pay for the fantastic monstrosities people have been creating with that customization system.

Pity the training features are frustratingly sparse and there doesn't seem to be any ingame support besides raw movelist that have useless "sample combos" without any details on timing or positioning? Seems like 99% of the "info" in the game on even the most basic game mechanics is delivered exclusively via completely random and sparse loading screen "hints". Guess they really didn't expect anyone to come to the series that hadn't played every other game before it to bring their bnbs along, or - as i quickly did - just youtube all of that.

Real talk, Tekken 7 is actually kind of terrible except for the part where you actually play Tekken.

You should know now that the combo counter in training mode straight up lies to you. You have to set the dummy to No Action -> Guard All to know if something is actually a combo