Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Thanks thread, I returned my chicken leg pants and got stretchy 505s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hypnolobster posted:

Thanks thread, I returned my chicken leg pants and got stretchy 505s.

Dang, wish I could buy pants at Costco.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
shoulda got the puma joggers

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

binge crotching posted:

Dang, wish I could buy pants at Costco.

Buy some pants at Costco. They got the majority of all sizes from 42 mens to like 29 mens (American) I think.

And the flannels go up to like 3x!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also Costco.com!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

The 505s are stretchy though?

And you are 100% correct.

Not all of them. They still make a lot of 505's in 100% cotton. Maybe Costco only carries the stretch colors? :shrug:

Stretch: https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/c/levi_clothing_men_jeans/facets/feature-fit_name/505%e2%84%a2/feature-stretch/stretch

Non-Stretch: https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/cloth...me/505%e2%84%a2

Laslow posted:

Mug root beer is caffeine free. It’s a Pepsi product, so there’s a chance they’ve got it.

Barq's is the only mass market rootbeer with caffeine. There are some smaller bottlers, like BAWLS, that put caffeine in their rootbeer but it's not terribly common.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FilthyImp posted:

It varies from dealer and vehicle used. General consensus is that you miss out on RADSICK DEALZ but save yourself some headache.

In my case, we had a specific vehicle in mind. The CostCo service matched us to a dealer and we were given a contact person to speak with. You're kind of stuck with that one dealer for that one vehicle/brand, so you can't like use the service to shop around your 5 local Honda dealers or whatever. Part of this is because they give you a CostCo Approved pricing sheet that you can take home and look at.
But anyway, in our case we looked at their inventory, emailed back and forth and did a test drive. The CostCo Deal was $800 off advertised price, flat across all cars. They ended up offering us $1,000 more for our trade in that CarMax did, but they wouldn't budge on the sticker pricing of the car we wanted, so it wasn't a case where we could get $500 taken off the price + the $800 'CoDeal. We also qualified for a 0% loan (not costco related), which made it a little easier to swallow.

Finance Guy was grinding but not terrible or abusive. Post-purchase we received a costco survey and, like, $50 off of one accessory purchase (pretty much useless, IMHO).
The survey makes sure the dealer is honest and makes the members feel like they got a fair shake, so it's designed to make sure the partnership actually is somewhat useful.

If you have a vehicle you've narrowed it down to, you can use the service to see if the price the matched dealer offers is competitive with what you see in other places. There are also semi-seasonal deals with the program, but IIRC they mainly wind up being poo poo like "$500 costco card on purchase of NEW 2020 CHEVY EXPLORAGASM 7000"

VvV
Yeah, it was a midrange EV BMW i3 so it was already hard enough to get the drat dealers to budge on pricing.

Used i3s are super cheap, tho

Like 20k cheap

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

This was my confusion when I looked at them the first time. I didn't know there were 505 stretch, and a quick google search for 505 Regular just showed me 100% cotton. I looked at the tag the second time around and the costco 505's have the 1% elastane. They're not wildly stretchy though, just a bit.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

the mean lunch lady posted:

I got the joggers and the shorts and god drat they're so good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh wtf that is 100% stupid.

Make them like the 506 or some poo poo.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hypnolobster posted:

This was my confusion when I looked at them the first time. I didn't know there were 505 stretch, and a quick google search for 505 Regular just showed me 100% cotton. I looked at the tag the second time around and the costco 505's have the 1% elastane. They're not wildly stretchy though, just a bit.

Yeah, 1% isn't a whole lot of stretch.

MarcusSA posted:

Oh wtf that is 100% stupid.

Make them like the 506 or some poo poo.

It's even dumber than those listing let on. One of these colors is the normal "stretch" blend: 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane. The other is 88% Cotton, 11% Polyester, 1% Elastane.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Yeah, 1% isn't a whole lot of stretch.

It's even dumber than those listing let on. One of these colors is the normal "stretch" blend: 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane. The other is 88% Cotton, 11% Polyester, 1% Elastane.

:bang:

Why??? whyyyyyyyyyyy????? :arghfist:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Buy some pants at Costco. They got the majority of all sizes from 42 mens to like 29 mens (American) I think.

And the flannels go up to like 3x!

I need a 36/36, and I've never seen a 36 inseam at Costco :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

They stock it but its just really rare.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

binge crotching posted:

Costco.com says those sizes are exclusive to dot com.

You can find your pants there! Also, can you please get the cheerios off the top shelf? I'm starving:smith:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I’m a masochist so I read scary stories before going to bed. I came across this and thought this thread might get a kick out of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/9n9r0g/theres_a_secret_basement_underneath_my_local/

You’d have to weigh the life of your loved one vs. your love of communion.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bloodysabbath posted:

I’m a masochist so I read scary stories before going to bed. I came across this and thought this thread might get a kick out of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/9n9r0g/theres_a_secret_basement_underneath_my_local/

quote:

It had been a decade since I last set foot in a Costco.
So you don't have a membership and just strolled right in then? Or you have been paying for a membership for a decade for no reason? I call BS.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Do the flannel shirts run smaller, larger, athletic or normal fit, etc? Like, my button up shirts from Old Navy are large size & regular fit, would a large flannel shirt fit my pre-corpse the same ?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fake James posted:

Do the flannel shirts run smaller, larger, athletic or normal fit, etc? Like, my button up shirts from Old Navy are large size & regular fit, would a large flannel shirt fit my pre-corpse the same ?

Yeah it should.

I think they have tall sizes too but I’m not sure if it’s that brand or not.

As far as I can tell a large is a regular large no weirdness.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I got a pair and realized I do not look good in tapered sweatpants but they're good for lounging around the house

naem
May 29, 2011

tapered pants aren’t for people who workout like, at all. I can’t squeeze my calves into them

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Trastion posted:

So you don't have a membership and just strolled right in then? Or you have been paying for a membership for a decade for no reason? I call BS.

/r/nosleep is a creepypasta subreddit. Everything is true there even if it's not.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

FCKGW posted:

/r/nosleep is a creepypasta subreddit. Everything is true there even if it's not.

Suspension of disbelief is fine but I’m supposed to believe the protagonist passed up a slice and a refillable soda? Impossible!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bloodysabbath posted:

Suspension of disbelief is fine but I’m supposed to believe the protagonist passed up a slice and a refillable soda? Impossible!

Yeah Costco story that doesn't involve a dog & drink? HA FAKE NEWS!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

naem posted:

tapered pants aren’t for people who workout like, at all. I can’t squeeze my calves into them

I work out a lot and they're fine for me :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

congranmjulation

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

naem posted:

congranmjulation

thmks

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fake James posted:

Good sizes and fits for the flannels. I'm an XL tall and its a great fit. I was a 2xl before I lost a few pounds and even then the 2xl fit was great.

Also, the hot dogs are a good fit too.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Awesome, thanks everyone. Going to the church tonight after work to get some shirts, a leather belt, and a Sherpa. PBUC!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I need some new flannel because mine are all like 6 years old and falling apart.

Are these flannel 100% cotton ?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
100% cotton

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I need some new flannel because mine are all like 6 years old and falling apart.

Are these flannel 100% cotton ?

1000% awesome

If they have them try on the voyager brand ones. It’s more like a light coat but it’s super nice too.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

binge crotching posted:

He's a pissed off long-legged puerto rican who loves to save

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Stop skipping leg day! My Co is out of protein bars AND the glorious Kirkland sparkling water but did get some of this delicious Mateos salsa.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bloodysabbath posted:

Spooky Stories To Tell In The Line At The Food Court

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Virigoth posted:

Stop skipping leg day! My Co is out of protein bars AND the glorious Kirkland sparkling water but did get some of this delicious Mateos salsa.

joggers are pretty stretchy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I picked up a flannel. These are heavy duty. Also got a pair of GH Bass Hudson Peak pants. They fit so well, I went back today and got a second pair.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I picked up a flannel. These are heavy duty.

Yeah for 9.99 they are pretty drat amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got two flannels yesterday.

At first I found some flannels that were 60% cotton 40% polyester but then I found the good 100% cotton ones