Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't remember if they already taped stuff for WOW or if this is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope it's set up like lucha underground

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: eh, they did announce the actual date. kinda lovely post on my part. sorry, lads!

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 10, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

I can't remember if they already taped stuff for WOW or if this is something else.

It's being taped today and tomorrow.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I don't think that was a very good episode of MYC this week. Io couldn't even make Zeuxis look good. :(

Meiko/Mercedes was too good for this universe.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Auritech posted:

I don't think that was a very good episode of MYC this week. Io couldn't even make Zeuxis look good. :(

Mia vs Kaitlyn was better than it should have been. Also, Deonna vs Xia was good as well. I am really amazed at the difference with Xia Li between last year and this year. It's like a completely different person.

Also, Nicole Matthews has the worst luck with her gear.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, question for you.

MYC Spoilers: Do they plan to air the Tegan match next week? I heard it was pretty graphic and really uncomfortable to watch.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

DM Punk posted:

Mia vs Kaitlyn was better than it should have been. Also, Deonna vs Xia was good as well. I am really amazed at the difference with Xia Li between last year and this year. It's like a completely different person.

Also, Nicole Matthews has the worst luck with her gear.

Her best fitting gear was the stuff she stole from Portia Perez when Dave Prazak lost her luggage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Auritech posted:

I thought it was good even though nothing could ever match Meiko/Mercedes. Deonna/Xia was really well laid out and Xia continued to show huge development and Mia/Kaitlyn was intense. I loved how they built on Mia's hand injury from the first round.

The quarters are ridiculously stacked and Io/Deonna and Toni/Mia particularly should be fantastic.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I enjoyed this week's episode. It wasn't as good as some of the first round, or the other half of round 2, but two of the matches were quite good. I wanna see more of Xia Li. She feels different and refreshing. Kaitlyn and Mia Yim put on a pretty drat good match, too. Maybe my... third? Favorite of the tournament, after of course Mercedes/Meiko, and Rachel Evers/Matsumoto from round 1.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Auritech posted:

a certain thread agrees

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I want more of Xia definitely, she's fun. Nice to see she's already mastered the critical Flying Nothing. Deonna's Rings Of Saturn-type hold was great.
Somebody buy Nicole Matthews a sports bra. Or lend her some body tape, at the least. Nothing takes me out of a match like someone having to gently caress about with their clothes after every big move.

I hope Kaitlyn sticks around. If Trish and Lita can still get one-off PPV spots—and the Bellas can piss about in the ring every week—then she can and should have a regular spot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Zeuxis looked a lot better this round but it would be almost impossible to look as bad as her first round. I thought it was weird that she did a ton of Io's big moves though without it being a part of the story. It was like she just didn't care when deciding what to do. Hopefully Io has gotten used to WWE rings now so she can stick a moonsault.

Xia Li got pretty fun within a year. Deonna looked vicious on attacking the arm and the ending hold was brutal.

Nicole Matthews should never go to that gear maker ever again. Good thing she didn't make the quarters because I shudder to think what type of malfunction she'd have there.

Main event was a good match and much better than I'd expect from someone coming off the shelf after years. Hopefully Kaitlyn sticks around.

The quarters are absolutely stacked but Lacey Lane sticks out like a sore thumb. If she somehow beats Meiko, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This episode was really a letdown from the start of the second round.

Io Shirai vs. Zeuxis

Io's entrance music is still so bizarre to me. It's so fun to watch her wrestle, it's like another AJ Styles. Her and Sasha Banks would be awesome. I did think that her selling of the shoulder injury wasn't great, so that's a small criticism.

Ugh, Zeuxis. Not even Io could make her look like anything. Bye!

Deonna Purrazzo vs. Xia Li

I still wish Priscilla Kelly had advanced. Both of these wrestlers had underwhelmed me in the first round. I didn't dislike either of them, they were both just good-not-great. Xia Li is destined to be a jobber and Deonna Purrazzo is destined to be a midcarder, book it. You could do a lot worse than either of them in those roles, though. It wasn't a bad match.

I wish that these pre-match promos consisted of something other "I'm gonna show the world who I am!" Boring.

Tegan Nox vs. Nicole Matthews

In the first round, I put Matthews in the same bucket as Evers/Purrazzo as Tessa-Blanchard-But-Worse. I'd put her as a little better than Evers and a little worse than Purrazzo. She just doesn't stand out except as being the person who couldn't stop screwing with her ring gear in either match. In the first round, it was getting her pants back in place. This time, it was so awkward that she didn't flinch during the three-count but tugged her top up right before it. I think she also had visa issue? She had a tough time.

Tegan Nox is fun. I love that there's a wrestling move called the Shining Wizard, and that there's literally no reason why it's called that from what I can tell. I thought she did it a little weakly in the first round, but it went better this time. Aside from that, I didn't get a big impression from her.

Mia Yim vs. Kaitlyn

I like Kaitlyn a lot and I was disappointed that she lost; I didn't expect the false-finish spear. Mia Yim probably makes for a better quarterfinals though, she's a more interesting opponent for Toni Storm and she's also really good.

I thought this match was miles above everything else on the show, I really enjoyed it. Mia's selling of that hand in particular was excellent.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io's theme is basically a rip off of her STARDOM theme. It's also production music. So I would expect her to get an actual theme before too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvYV-JD8Og

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

surf rock posted:

I thought this match was miles above everything else on the show, I really enjoyed it. Mia's selling of that hand in particular was excellent.

Yeah I really liked this match even if Kaitlyn was a bit rusty in parts, it was very well booked.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita as a tag team? Be still my heart!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

DarkstarIV posted:

Io's theme is basically a rip off of her STARDOM theme. It's also production music. So I would expect her to get an actual theme before too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvYV-JD8Og

Oh, you're not kidding. Huh. The original is better, but it's still kind of goofy-sounding to me. I think part of the issue is that I'm convinced Io will be a heel and this is as far from a heel's theme as you can get.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Demtor posted:

Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita as a tag team? Be still my heart!

I want it to lead to them fighting

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hard to believe that there are only two weeks left of the MYC. Next week are all the quarterfinal matches, and then the week after are the two semi final matches. Speaking of women's wrestling, has anyone heard anything about that Women of Wrestling program that is supposedly launching on AXS? I looked at their site and felt a bit skeevy.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 12, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
WoW is basically in the genre of GLOW or Wrestlicious. They are bringing in more workrate names but it's campy, weird poo poo that was better left in the past. Anyone booking Amber O'Neal in 2018 is highly suspect.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is just me thinking out loud but after watching some TDE gifs on twitter, I'd kinda want to see Miyu Yamashita(?), Reika Saiki and Maki Itoh get a stint in Stardom.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I cant cite attendance or anything but one could argue they’re already in a bigger promotion

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I cant cite attendance or anything but one could argue they're already in a bigger promotion

Well two of those women are wrestling in Sumo Hall for their promotion next week so...

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Just to see some matchups that I don't think they've had. Nothing to do with promotion size or the like.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyu would have a great 5 Star run. DDT are definitely willing to send their guys out. Higuchi is doing NOAH.

Also make the right decision

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1050591303715631104?s=19

(if you have to ask what the right decision is then you have no soul)

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I have no doubt that Mayu/Momo will be the better match, but Hana/Kagetsu is the match that I actually *want* to see.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Oedo Tai Grudge Match all the way.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thank you for making the right decision, friends.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1050245079116509184

You need to vote for Kagetsu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Miyu Yamashita (DDT/Tokyo Joshi Pro) and Hana Kimura have the highest ceiling in Joshi right now just because they have such good looks and charisma that transcends the language barrier. Just like how Asuka has natural swagger and intimidation and Kairi is probably the most adorable person in wrestling, I wouldn't consider either of them as good at wrestling as Io Shirai or Meiko who are both living legends, but as far as women that I think could get over on a style or personality outside of Japan those two could definitely be the next big things to make it outside of Japan.

Saki Akai is stunning to look at and Mayu has the all the talent in the world but I feel like Miyu and Hana are both total packages.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 12, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Miyu Yamashita carries herself like she's fought everyday of her life and won. 23 years old, 5 years experience and carrying that kind of presence is insane.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is Akai a model/idol turned wrestler like Jurina? I ask because she seems so stiff in the ring. Given her height, I think she could be like a ladyhoss but she's so skinny.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DarkstarIV posted:

Hard to believe that there are only two weeks left of the MYC. Next week are all the quarterfinal matches, and then the week after are the two semi final matches. Speaking of women's wrestling, has anyone heard anything about that Women of Wrestling program that is supposedly launching on AXS? I looked at their site and felt a bit skeevy.

It's a shame they're packing all four quarterfinals into one show. That works out to maybe 10 minutes a match, unless it runs long, and the shows have felt pretty rushed so far even for lower-stakes matches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's a shame they're packing all four quarterfinals into one show. That works out to maybe 10 minutes a match, unless it runs long, and the shows have felt pretty rushed so far even for lower-stakes matches.

The MYC is an hour long, so its more like 15 minutes per match, which is good enough.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The end of the MYC can't come soon enough along with Evolution so I can cancel my subscription afterwards.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BellaTwins/status/1050807820420038661

https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/1050876958819536896

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Please just make it a squash.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Don't worry, knowing our luck, Ronda will win but be attacked post match by the Bellas and probably Mickie and Alexa. And then Marina, Jessamyn, and Shayna will rush out to save her, setting up a Total Divas vs UFC 4HW match at Survivor Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Miyu Yamashita strikes me as a someone kickier Cheerleader Melissa, which I'm not mad at.