Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

THE RUMOURS...

https://twitter.com/JeffNovitzkyUFC/status/1050512022129893376

Wait... loving ALISTAIR AND LOMBARD?! Yeah these are all popping to high heavens.

That's 25 times since Lombard and Reem came off their last suspensions I guess. But those were pre-USADA. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
overeem and lombard accepting that award is like crab walking up and snatching a '1 year' token off a sponsor with more needles currently in the body than that chick in the pit in saw 2.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Khabib was right all they did find was courage

mewse
May 2, 2006

They test suspicious people more, so it kinda makes sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brock Lesnar? I think we can trust that human moose in the Jimmy Johns shorts, he said he's a jacked white boy so I got over it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
that poo poo only made me mad because he beat the poo poo out of mark hunt. If justice had prevailed and he'd gotten his hosed up teeth knocked out of his moon slab skull id be a lot happier. that's the nature of steroids I guess

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I resisted the urge to post this for a few pages so I wouldn't accidentally make that person feel validated for posting obviously incorrect information gleaned from the idle user comments on an Ariel Helwani tweet as a potentially credible rumor, but unironic lol if you think the successful highly politicially connected Russian athlete isn't on a bunch of cutting edge gear.

mewse
May 2, 2006

RT posted video of Khabib meeting Putin

https://www.facebook.com/RTnews/videos/166247724305168/

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Putin gave him a dad chat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

I resisted the urge to post this for a few pages so I wouldn't accidentally make that person feel validated for posting obviously incorrect information gleaned from the idle user comments on an Ariel Helwani tweet as a potentially credible rumor, but unironic lol if you think the successful highly politicially connected Russian athlete isn't on a bunch of cutting edge gear.

nah i watched icarus. they're just on good ol steroids, the catch being they do super secret spy poo poo to swap the dirty sample for clean ones.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Automator posted:

Putin gave him a dad chat

I find it heartwarming and I wish we had a video of Derrick Lewis meeting trump

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

nah i watched icarus. they're just on good ol steroids, the catch being they do super secret spy poo poo to swap the dirty sample for clean ones.

That section of Icarus where the journalist is explaining to the testers just how easily the Russians bypassed their systems, and the one lady looks like she's about to cry was a hell of a thing.

Then they faced basically zero repercussions for any of it :sigh:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Malkovich should have to use his Teddy KGB accent for the next Khabib promo

Maybe they can rework the bit about sticking it in the other guy again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

That section of Icarus where the journalist is explaining to the testers just how easily the Russians bypassed their systems, and the one lady looks like she's about to cry was a hell of a thing.

Then they faced basically zero repercussions for any of it :sigh:

it was the most batshit insane documentary i've seen since tickled for sure. the shift in gears between steroids guy getting swole and international spy poo poo was possibly the most jarring gear shift i've ever seen in a documentary.

but yeah i don't know what you're supposed to do to russia when accusing them of doing the very bad thing at the sports. they shot down a passenger airliner and completely got away with it. winning sporting medals doesn't even sort of rate on the give-a-gently caress scale.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

mewse posted:

I find it heartwarming and I wish we had a video of Derrick Lewis meeting trump

Ball talk

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have you checked up on his record since then? It'd be interesting to see if his record is online and if he continued fighting and how that went.

I haven't, but yeah, that'd be neat to see. I'll try to find that card and look into him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've been to four live MMA events:

Mighty Mouse vs Horiguchi
Lineker vs MacDonald (aka Tferg vs Groovy Lando)
RDA vs Brutal Bob

and a local Winnipeg MMA show headlined by now-TUF winner Brad Katona. That card had the fattest fatweight fight I've ever seen, where a dude from The Pas, MB, fought some blown up middleweight from Alberta and they were both like 5'10" and 260 lb and ridiculously hairy and their bellies were flying everywhere as they threw Don Frye haymakers at each other and their equally fat friends were screaming at each other in the audience near me and it ended with a 1 minute KO. There was also a dude from Pukatawagan, MB, who came out in full powow regalia and it was pretty awesome (but he lost). I also got to cheer for a guy who I train with and he won a good fight with one of his good moves which I help him to practice.

on top of that I went to Kovalev vs Jean Pascal I (1?). I actually found it much nicer to watch the boxing than the MMA live - the ring is better for spectators than the cage, and the action is easier to follow. Part of that was the fact that the crowd in Montreal was loving insane, as Jean Pascal is local and there's a huge angry drunk Russian community there. I guess I've also attended somewhere in the neighbourhood of a dozen amateur boxing cards.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i went to a WEC show here in vegas 8 years ago and i judged two fights on two atlas fight cards in biloxi. one of my fights had jason knight in it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

theyve pioneered things in the past. most recently the "xenon doping" thing which was of dubious benefit but it wasnt detectable at the time

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

theyve pioneered things in the past. most recently the "xenon doping" thing which was of dubious benefit but it wasnt detectable at the time

yeah. meldonium too went undetected for a humiliating amount of time. that said, last i heard about russian doping was the icarus scandal and yeah just run of the mill steroids.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I saw Randy Couture get retired by a Steven Seagal kick and Mark Hominick turn into an alien, it was fun.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Why cant i find a copy of this malkovich promo anywhere now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

all good man i'm working on a new promo for khabib / ferg where it's just ferg doing oly lifts on a bosu ball and every time khabib says something the reply is that scene from being john malkovich where that guy says 'i loved you in that movie where you played that retard' and john replies in an effeminate whisper 'thank you' and then it goes back to khabib talking about piss testing for courage and then, yep, straight back to the sound bite

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I saw Randy Couture get retired by a Steven Seagal kick and Mark Hominick turn into an alien, it was fun.

Those were fun fights

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

it was the most batshit insane documentary i've seen since tickled for sure. the shift in gears between steroids guy getting swole and international spy poo poo was possibly the most jarring gear shift i've ever seen in a documentary.

but yeah i don't know what you're supposed to do to russia when accusing them of doing the very bad thing at the sports. they shot down a passenger airliner and completely got away with it. winning sporting medals doesn't even sort of rate on the give-a-gently caress scale.

Well you convinced me to watch it and holy poo poo :stare:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

yeah man sounds like you had the same experience everyone else did. it's loving crazy.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

mewse posted:

Roids are awesome.

mewse
May 2, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Roids are awesome.

Yes willie that was my takeaway

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

roids are so loving good that the state will arrange a highly covert espionage mission to corrupt the proceedings of a series of events no one outside of like, a group of 30 stoners / skiers in Aspen, gives a single poo poo about

mewse
May 2, 2006

That guy gave up his wife, his home, his family over doping in amateur sports

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mewse posted:

:ussr:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

lol, yeah, and absolutely no one really gave a gently caress and nothing really changed. there was the perfunctory scowling and shaking of heads and proclamations that it simply will not do but that guy left everything for no loving reason other than to temporarily embarrass a murderous head of state.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Remember that guy on here who was like, "You guys are retarded, there's no such thing as roid rage, I used steroids and I only ever briefly thought about throwing my best friend out of a four storey window a few times."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mewse posted:

When I first watched it, I thought it was good but couldn't understand all the praise it was getting. Then I got to the point where the Russian guy's all,"Don't worry dude, I know what I'm doing, why back at the Olympics...." and suddenly it's a wild loving ride that never stops.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

When I first watched it, I thought it was good but couldn't understand all the praise it was getting. Then I got to the point where the Russian guy's all,"Don't worry dude, I know what I'm doing, why back at the Olympics...." and suddenly it's a wild loving ride that never stops.

My fav bit was USADA man at the beginning agreeing to help him beat doping controls, then getting cold feet but still knowing who in the WADA periphery was doing it already and would help him do it too.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Intel&Sebastian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpX3tgxbuLQ

For some reason UFC took their version down but someone reuploaded it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Reddit posted:

Trust me, I aint even offended. Molten rock enema just loves burning my butthole and colon apart

Reddit breaks my brain.

Also, I had a chance to go watch UFC cologne ages ago, but my best buddy had to cancel on the day we wanted to buy tickets, so I'm still bummed

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Never saw that promo before and that was good. I love Malkovich in his movies and now after that I want him to always be doing promos.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

For some reason UFC took their version down but someone reuploaded it.

RIP bourdain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i wish they still got ron perlman to do the voiceovers

• Locked thread