Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Undertaker vs. Triple H - WWE Super Show-Down - 10/06

A sad and ignominious reminder that both guys have finally reached a point where they can't really go in the ring anymore, with absolutely nothing being done to mask it with psychology or match structure. The latter was just a mess, nothing flowed in anyway or worked together with anything else. The best part of the match - which is no surprise - was HBK, and even he is looking old.

Nthed. Nothing was good. Wrestling is hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

A sad and ignominious reminder that both guys have finally reached a point where they can't really go in the ring anymore, with absolutely nothing being done to mask it with psychology or match structure. The latter was just a mess, nothing flowed in anyway or worked together with anything else. The best part of the match - which is no surprise - was HBK, and even he is looking old.

nthed

the match

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

nth though HHH could probably have a good match still if he didn't have a ego the size of NYC about making all his matches long "epics"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

nth though HHH could probably have a good match still if he didn't have a ego the size of NYC about making all his matches long "epics"

HHH was in the best main roster match this year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HHH was in the best main roster match this year.

He wasn't in the Shield vs Drew/Dolph? :confused:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Aja Kong for the Oz Academy Openweight Championship - Oz Academy Flower Bloom in Yokohama (9/17)

This was spectacular

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Aja Kong for the Oz Academy Openweight Championship - Oz Academy Flower Bloom in Yokohama (9/17)

This was spectacular

Seconded. Busted open Aja Kong is even more terrifying, drat, also that was my first time seeing Hikaru Shida and she seems real good.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Hikaru Shida used to have a gimmick where she was quite proud of her butt and had a feud with Asuka (back when she was still Kana) over who had the best rear end-based offense, which culminated in a match where Shida tagged with Masato Tanaka and Kana tagged with KENNY OMEGA. It's a great match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Auritech posted:

Hikaru Shida used to have a gimmick where she was quite proud of her butt and had a feud with Asuka (back when she was still Kana) over who had the best rear end-based offense, which culminated in a match where Shida tagged with Masato Tanaka and Kana tagged with KENNY OMEGA. It's a great match.

Was that the one where Kenny was all into the butt offense and Tanaka was mostly "what am I doing here?"

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Germansimp posted:

Was that the one where Kenny was all into the butt offense and Tanaka was mostly "what am I doing here?"

That's indeed it!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m hoping Tanaka no-sold the butt and just roared angrily?

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I am watching this now and it's more anything than I could have imagined.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Switchblade Jay White for the Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot - NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 10/08

A near perfect representation of a pure face, a pure heel, and completely old-fashioned booking done absolutely right.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

How was the rest of the card? Will get to watch stuff in eight-ish hours, want to avoid spoilers :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

How was the rest of the card? Will get to watch stuff in eight-ish hours, want to avoid spoilers :)

The Jr Title match was really good (in a year where the "average" match is like 4+ stars!). Other matches were watchable with some cool things happening immediately before and/or immediately after the matches were done.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
EVIL vs. ZSJ is a must watch, as is Scrull vs. KUSHIDA.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Kenny Omega (c) vs Kota Ibushi vs Cody Rhodes - IWGP Heavyweight Championship 10/8/18 King of Pro Wrestling

I thought this was good and fun, great way to end the evening.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'll second that, the WWE MOTY is at least an HM I guess

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

HM: Kenny Omega (c) vs Kota Ibushi vs Cody Rhodes - IWGP Heavyweight Championship 10/8/18 King of Pro Wrestling

I thought this was good and fun, great way to end the evening.

Yeah I agree, really fun (and horrifying) match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Martin vs KUSHIDA
HM: Kenny vs Kota vs Cody

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Switchblade Jay White for the Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot - NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 10/08

A near perfect representation of a pure face, a pure heel, and completely old-fashioned booking done absolutely right.

this, definitely this.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Jerusalem posted:

3rd for this, also HM for the Kenny/Ibushi/Cody triple threat and HM for Marty/KUSHIDA

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Martin vs KUSHIDA
HM: Kenny vs Kota vs Cody

These

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A Bit late to it but HM to Marty vs Kushida, White vs Tanahashi and Kenny vs Cody vs Kota

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This was spectacular

Gonna re-recommend this because it's amazing and you're all sleeping on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuHTPZ5MOk

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gonna re-recommend this because it's amazing and you're all sleeping on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuHTPZ5MOk

2nd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs "Switchblade" Jay White 10/8/18 King of Pro Wrestling

That Tana vs White was loving amazing, made even better by an insane postmatch angle that just KEPT PILING ON STUFF

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM
Ricochet vs Pete Dunne vs Adam Cole for NXT North American Title NXT 10/10/18

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

achillesforever6 posted:

HM
Ricochet vs Pete Dunne vs Adam Cole for NXT North American Title NXT 10/10/18

Second. The call back to the moonsault head kick was really good and part of a great sequence.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs "Switchblade" Jay White 10/8/18 King of Pro Wrestling

I'm really happy to second this because I also thought it was great

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

moty ach vs eddie kingston aaw austin 10:12

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Super No Vacancy posted:

moty ach vs eddie kingston aaw austin 10:12

I was going to nom it for HM but I'm ok with MOTY as well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Roppongi 3K vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and BUSHI) - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League 10/16

Shingo fits in perfectly, and it's no surprise but goddamn Sho and Yoh are exciting wrestlers.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 16, 2018

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Roppongi 3K vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi and BUSHI) - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League 10/16

Shingo fits in perfectly, and it's no surprise but goddamn Sho and You are exciting wrestlers.

2nd.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Shingo fits in perfectly, and it's no surprise but goddamn Sho and You are exciting wrestlers.

Nth it was great

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Jerusalem posted:

Yep

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Global Jr. League (10/04)

This might actually be my MOTY. Nakajima has really come into his own since turning heel. If you want to see a cocky little poo poo commit a kick murder on a badass veteran then definitely watch this. Sugiura is having the best title reign of the year that nobody's watching because it's in 2018 NOAH.

Also this was actually a third after me and J-Ro so Kong/Shida should be on the HM list (and really deserves one more to make the MOTYC list)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Global Jr. League (10/04)

This might actually be my MOTY. Nakajima has really come into his own since turning heel. If you want to see a cocky little poo poo commit a kick murder on a badass veteran then definitely watch this. Sugiura is having the best title reign of the year that nobody's watching because it's in 2018 NOAH.
Second, I think this one, the Shiozaki match in August, and both Kenoh matches have been the best of Sugiura's current reign, dude genuinely carries himself as a Killing Machine. Amazing final stretch too, and strangely, I felt it was reminiscent of a Cena match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Shingo fits in perfectly, and it's no surprise but goddamn Sho and Yoh are exciting wrestlers.

Doesn't need it but I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: BLUE PANTHER, BLACK WARRIOR, PANTERITA DEL RING Y EUFORIA vs MÁSCARA AÑO 2000, SANSÓN, CUATRERO Y FORASTERO

CMLL 10/19

Hugely fun match. Lots of old guys but a few of them are still good and NGD are great.