Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New thread title should just be this on a loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbflPyQ2RI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

If you're older than Launchpad, please join me in screaming into your pillows.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Alacron posted:

First off, aaaaaaaaaaa

Second, hey that's cool, they kept the signature the same between the show and his meet at the parks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Alacron posted:

Wow, I really do feel old now. :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm younger than Launchpad :smug:

I didn't know it at the time but I only ever watched Ducktales in reruns as a kid. It was nice of them to air them in order.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Alacron posted:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Alacron posted:

What if we’re the same age?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Are you Launchpad? Don't crash the forum!

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Ditto, I'm seven months older than Launchpad.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I call them decals too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

DTaeKim posted:

Ditto, I'm seven months older than Launchpad.

What is it now?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

DuckTales: New Mom Who Dis?

Another vote for this.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Option they'd probably never dare to do: Nobody knows, Della got around.

Comedy option: It's Launchpad.

That seemed to work fine in Avatar, when Toph revealed she didn't remember who fathered Lin

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Alacron posted:

Why do you do this :smith:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Is anyone else holding on to the hope the triplets use the term "gruncle Scrooge"?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Preview clip for this Saturday's episode.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/12/ducktales-season-2-premiere-first-look-the-most-dangerous-game-night

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Alacron posted:

3 weeks younger, I win

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Alacron posted:

I’m two days older than Launchpad McQuack. Do I win some kind of Price is Right showcase for that?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

dirksteadfast posted:

I’m two days older than Launchpad McQuack. Do I win some kind of Price is Right showcase for that?

Sorry, you have to guess be born as close as possible without going over, disqualified.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
New season, new thread title, updates to the OP incoming. :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/mrvinceaparo/status/1052242389241225216

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ah yes, Graveyard Duck

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DoctorWhat posted:

ah yes, Graveyard Duck

They should talk to Aardman about a deal to do a crossover with Duckula.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I just finished catching up with this and one thing I'd like to mention that I think no one or very few others mentioned is how good the soundtrack for the show is, to the point that I want the OST of the duck show to come out.

My favorite score is the one used for most Della related scenes, it serves not only as a leitmotif, but the tempo and instruments used are changed to convey different kind of emotions. Some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwRBAXHUZW8&t=11s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZVBCroef6A&t=6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yct8T0BVdk&t=144s

Another really good one is the one that plays during Lena's nightmare, I think that the whole score wouldn't be as powerful with a different soundtrack (or with different actors)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqJqUmd4YS8

It just amazes me the amount of dedication and effort they put into every little detail for this show. They could have definitely half-assed it for a quick nostalgia cash grab but instead they created something new and amazing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love how they leaned into the Venture Bros. comparisons right of the gate this year and cranked everyone's dangerous mental instability up to 11.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Season opener was fun. Looking forward to Fethry next week.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

I love how they leaned into the Venture Bros. comparisons right of the gate this year and cranked everyone's dangerous mental instability up to 11.

Louie turning into the Henchman 21-esque genre savvy problem solver is a great way to grow his character beyond "is greedy and quips a lot."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

Louie turning into the Henchman 21-esque genre savvy problem solver is a great way to grow his character beyond "is greedy and quips a lot."

And Dewey and Webby just flat out becoming Hank and Dean Venture, hand poses and everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

And Dewey and Webby just flat out becoming Hank and Dean Venture, hand poses and everything.

And while we said Beakley is Brock Samson now with the figure, Donald actually fits that role just as well complete with the homicidal rage.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Another Launchpad sidequest off camera. :p

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

Another Launchpad sidequest off camera. :p

Actually, if you look closely, it’s Storkules :eng101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Solid start to the season. Hopefully we're in for a season of cold openings ala Brooklyn 99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42hhcH4VjE

Best line of the ep
"...I was in the Will?"

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It was an average episode to launch a new season imo.

Not sure why Duckworth is around. Kind of depressing to think that when you die, you'll be working for a Billionaire for all eternity.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And while we said Beakley is Brock Samson now with the figure, Donald actually fits that role just as well complete with the homicidal rage.

Donald fluctuates rather well between being either Brock or Rusty for these kind of modified Venture Brothers quotes, just imagine this scene with Donald(mild spoilers for Venture Brothers Season 7's finale);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQYUjeGMvBI

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

Not sure why Duckworth is around.

Almost entirely for ghost jokes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kidcoelacanth posted:

Almost entirely for ghost jokes

And there doesn't need to be any other reason :colbert: Ghost jokes are rad.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

Not sure why Duckworth is around.

Mrs. Beakley's ability to perform as the McDuck Mansion's chief domestic was compromised by her need to serve as Scrooge's personal security team and to raise Webby. Duckworth's presence ensures that the mansion can be cleaned and maintained to the highest of standards.

Also, ghost jokes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good episode. Quite enjoyed it.

I looked to see whether we're getting weekly releases, and we are.

But more importantly, Season 2 episode 5 is titled Storkules in Duckburg! which is up there on the list of "best possible names for episodes."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Senerio posted:

Good episode. Quite enjoyed it.

I looked to see whether we're getting weekly releases, and we are.

But more importantly, Season 2 episode 5 is titled Storkules in Duckburg! which is up there on the list of "best possible names for episodes."

That name is probably a reference to Hercules in New York, which was Arnold Schwarzenegger's first movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

drrockso20 posted:

That name is probably a reference to Hercules in New York, which was Arnold Schwarzenegger's first movie

It's really, hilariously bad from all I hear. And the first versions had Arnold's voice dubbed over and he was credited as 'Arnold Strong', iirc.

I hope they form a duck Avengers, Storkules can be Thor, they already have Gizmoduck for Iron Man. And either get Darkwing Duck out of retirement or Donald Duck in his Paperinik persona. (Actually, wasn't the original deal of Paperinik that he inherited Diabolik's mansion and equipment and used it for his own ends? Could easily do something like that, maybe with a legally distinct character)

I liked the last episode, had lots of good character moments both showing and deconstructing the skills and roles of each character. Dewey and Webby work well together for the most part, but mostly in a physical context rather than an intellectual one- they're both intelligent, but not very perceptive (Dewey's good at talking and improvising but not so good at reading people, and Webby's social dysfunctions are well established) or very well-read (Outside of Duck-McDuck family lore and supernatural shenanigans in Webby's case). Huey's obsessiveness is a double-edged sword in that he has trouble improvising and setting goals when outside of a crisis (when he IS in a crisis, he seems to have a much easier time setting priorities, at least unless he's getting his buttons pushed). And Scrooge and Donald actually work together really well and even get along when they have a common goal; they've known each other for years and respect each other even if they drive each other crazy. I think Scrooge knows that Donald deserves some serious credit for putting up with Scrooge and how he treats everyone. (And Donald has repeatedly made a point of setting boundaries and asserting his own independence, which Scrooge probably has to respect)

Funny thing is that Scrooge realising where Louie's true strength lies is also using that exact skill; Scrooge's business and management acumen that made him the richest duck in the world; his adventuring made him money to start his fortune, but his skills allowed him to turn it into a business empire, and also allow him to maintain his adventuring lifestyle by knowing who to employ in the right place. The Money Bin staff are all crazy but they're good at what they do, and Scrooge can manage personalities like Gyro and Fenton, and the Board of Directors he argues with all the time but respects them in their areas, and they've been shown making an effort to reign in Scrooge when necessary. (pulling him off the search for Della after a decade was probably reasonable all things considered, and they did arrange for him to make some PR moves when his reputation was in the toilet) Louie's got the same knack; to assess a situation and know how to best use people's skills, even when it doesn't seem obvious.