Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Honest question, if they go and do propaganda does this make it a worse show than the North Korea show with Inoki doing some North Korea propaganda?

irl for real yes. KSA is so much worse and more evil than North Korea it's no contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

GrimGypsy posted:

if one WWE main-roster star was brave/nuts enough to refuse to go, they'd definitely get canned and probably sued but dear god they'd become a public/media darling the likes of which we've never seen

I honestly part expect Roman to do a worked shoot about it.

That's the kind of stupid I presently expect from WWE.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Attitude Era wasn't all bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNK88vDbqeU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Say they did move it. I know they have a shitload of money now and can probably absorb it, but won't a move cost them a titanic amount of money? This is a show that's bigger than Mania as a spend already.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Roman finally figured out how to get himself over

Shoot on a journalist in Saudi Arabia

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Why wouldn't he? He was announced for the world cup thing already and that angle seemed big enough that they wouldn't just drop it.

He has an actual movie career to worry about now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh yeah, Sanity exist :geno:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
News sites today have been running with the narrative today that Becky's jaw was hanging on a thread or something.

https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1051158053951873027

https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1051158411440742401

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

hasn't Cena spent like a shitload of money trying to get his "movie career" off the ground?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

hasn't Cena spent like a shitload of money trying to get his "movie career" off the ground?

And his big break is coming like a month after this show. I don't think he wants "BUMBLEBEE STAR JOHN CENA PREFORMS IN SAUDI ARABIA AMIDST CONTROVERSY" to be a thing.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
They are totally gonna do this show and take the money.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cena has been good in pretty much every movie he's been in - his movie career is going to be just fine. He's a funny charismatic guy who isn't afraid to play any type of part despite his build.

Working his way up from WWE movies/smaller parts in real movies to starring parts in real movies was probably a good move for him. He's not going to end up another Rock but there probably isn't ever going to be another one of those.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 13, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would think it could catch up to his movie career that he's making these monthly trips to fly over to the desert and loudly proclaim how cool and good the murdering oil barons are. But this is America and no one gives a poo poo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Trump Jr is retweeting right wing conspiracies that Khashoggi was a terrorist sympathizer, so there's no way MBS is going to face repercussions. Looks like full steam ahead for the show. I wonder if they'll bring Hogan in to drop the leg on some women's rights activists in front of 100,000 screaming Saudimaniacs brother (probably not, unless they're black)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The US probably helped anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

I would think it could catch up to his movie career that he's making these monthly trips to fly over to the desert and loudly proclaim how cool and good the murdering oil barons are. But this is America and no one gives a poo poo

He'd be able to say he was only fulfilling contractual obligations just like WWE probably will and I doubt he supports this nonsense either but he is loyal to Vince and WWE

This whole situation is pretty fucky

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
John Cena is a citizen of China now, he doesn't care about US/Saudi relations

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John chena

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Midnightghoul posted:

Cena come to OWE please

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonfa posted:

Cena come to OWE please

Finally, the tag team we were all waiting for, John CIMA.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
John China

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Saudi partnership was the plan all along

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
WWE does care about PR a whole lot, as exhibited by them taking Moolah’s name off the Wrestlemania battle royal earlier this year. However that cost them zero dimes, so I’m sure it’s an apples and oranges case here :-/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Minidust posted:

WWE does care about PR a whole lot, as exhibited by them taking Moolah’s name off the Wrestlemania battle royal earlier this year. However that cost them zero dimes, so I’m sure it’s an apples and oranges case here :-/

yea see also: them breaking up with Hogan...for like a year or two...

They're very PR careful when it costs them zero dollars. When they have to actually :effort: they retreat into 'lol it's just wrasslin tho who cares'.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1050777181671096320

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Why is Io Shirai in that awful collage? Wait... oh sh

Also why is Asuka Spider-Man

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Minidust posted:

Wasn't that expressly because Snickers caught wind of it and basically told them to drop it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Auritech posted:

Also why is Asuka Spider-Man

She played the new PS4 game and said,"Ja I can do that no prob"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Pfft. Iron Spider, maybe.

EDIT:

WWE should state that while backing out of the deal is the moral thing to do, they cannot do so without giving even more money to the Saudis, which is worse. Then leverage their relationship with our own hopelessly corrupt Government to just.... loving keep the money.

Then our own hopelessly corrupt president can BS at the Saudis and say that he'd have kept the deal, but internal pressure from those filthy Democrats :freep: made them cancel.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 13, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Oh Snapple! posted:

Wasn't that expressly because Snickers caught wind of it and basically told them to drop it

yes and because no one was paying them money to use the moolah name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, currently the only people making a stink are a couple politicians who we already know won't do anything and a bunch of fans who if they haven't financially stopped supporting them before now, they're (correctly) assumed by the company as not going to do poo poo this time either

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That Snickers Moolah poo poo was probably the best thing related to Mania this year.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
and remember how mad they got over having to change the name of a pointless match at no cost to themselves

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timby posted:

And then you had a meltdown because you didn't understand how dividends work.
I've known how dividends work since I was like ten years old. I just didn't know WWE paid one on their stock.

Why on Earth do you even remember that nothing argument from like ten years ago?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

nikki and ronda main-eventing while you've got io shirai on the card is just extremely lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and remember how mad they got over having to change the name of a pointless match at no cost to themselves

I think there was SOME cost, since they had to throw together a very lovely trophy when they 100% would have had one with Moolah's eternal grimace on it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Yeah the Moolah thing was literally the easiest thing they could possibly change, and Vince was apparently still loving furious about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I think there was SOME cost, since they had to throw together a very lovely trophy when they 100% would have had one with Moolah's eternal grimace on it.

I think they had already made the statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Aphrodite posted:

I think they had already made the statue.

Statues are so important that when Sting broke one they broke his neck

• Locked thread