Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

What is Barnburner? That link leads to a twitter account with 0 posts in it :confused:

Barnburner is a podcast ran by Brad Shepard and a few other nobodies (the guy linked above and that H Jenkins guy) who claim they get all sorts of scoops, but end up being massively wrong and either deleting the scoop in question or getting mad on twitter. They also have huge grudges against certain Superstars for whatever reason, so they'll spread false rumors about them in hopes that it will sabotage their career.

https://twitter.com/HJenkinsWrites/with_replies

Look at this guy get mad over people "not appreciating his work".

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so it’s the podcast equivalent of the 30fps gif guy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

Lmao I just remembered that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

Io Shirai vs Zeuxis - Sloppy. Io has not been impressive at all this tournament even after getting a squash match to start. And might be a good idea to work on that moonsault so maybe she'll hit it correctly at some point. I can image the outrage is Brie Bella did moonsaults that bad.

This guy has been claiming in various comments sections on sites that Io Shirai is worse than Brie Bella.

...Well I guess considering his username it makes sense. Bryan Jericho.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

jesus WEP posted:

What was this?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Apparently, he is back

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1050915159164813312

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1050921328512040960

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 13, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was that the guy who wanted to be paid for gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brave stance being anti-depression. Not quite man enough to be opposed to cancer, but who is?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hey guys did you know that its actually Jeff Bezos fault that WWE is doing Crown Jewel?

https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1050986530347474944
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1050987883840995328
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1050990001167560704
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1051208481389178880

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Billionaires love The Shining"

Well who the gently caress doesn't? (other than Stephen King?)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The three examples of "cool things" are metal, pro wrestling and horror movies.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Defiance Industries posted:

Not seeing the problem with that part :colbert:

(They're unintentionally right in a weird roundabout way though on the horror movies thing, for a long time and they still are often enough, horror movies were regarded as an amateur genre that a lot of assholes turned their noses up at, because if you had a camera and someone who could do some makeup or lighting, anyone could really make a minimalist horror movie and do well, it was an entryway into the business for people who didn't have tons of backing and money and that threatened your typical classist moneybags.)

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 13, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

First one and last one are correct. 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, he has a point in that all 3 are considered low class art forms.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
billionaires aren't human, hth

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Billionaires don’t like wrestling, while they pay half a billion to WWE for TV shows.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Not seeing the problem with that part :colbert:

(They're unintentionally right in a weird roundabout way though on the horror movies thing, for a long time and they still are often enough, horror movies were regarded as an amateur genre that a lot of assholes turned their noses up at, because if you had a camera and someone who could do some makeup or lighting, anyone could really make a minimalist horror movie and do well, it was an entryway into the business for people who didn't have tons of backing and money and that threatened your typical classist moneybags.)

I’m not a horror movie guy but aren’t like 95% of horror films still relatively low budget/direct to dvd or tv stuff? A buddy of mine who’s 20 works for Troma because it’s an easier way to get into the industry to this day apparently

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

First one and last one are correct. 2 out of 3 ain't bad
metal is the dorkiest thing on that list by a long way

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’m not a horror movie guy but aren’t like 95% of horror films still relatively low budget/direct to dvd or tv stuff? A buddy of mine who’s 20 works for Troma because it’s an easier way to get into the industry to this day apparently

Horror has always traditionally been a low-budget genre. There's the occasional A-level project like The Shining, and The Exorcist was a legitimate blockbuster, but historically, you don't have to spend a lot of money to make an effective horror flick, so why bother?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Witch only cost $4mil to make

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Horror has always traditionally been a low-budget genre. There's the occasional A-level project like The Shining, and The Exorcist was a legitimate blockbuster, but historically, you don't have to spend a lot of money to make an effective horror flick, so why bother?

I missed the part of his post where he said it’s still often enough that way and originally thought he was claiming it was different now, my b

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

The Witch only cost $4mil to make

They couldn't even afford a W for the title, so they had to put two Vs together, smh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
Now I'm curious to know what classic horror movies are popular with each section of the economic strata.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Aw gently caress, I was recently followed on twitter by that GIF Skull dude after I retweeted Mauro recently about mental health.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
That's funny, I'd just seen the GifSkull guy popping up in every "lol Dave Meltzer is a mark what a loving mark I on the other hand know what's really going on because I listen to Bischoff/Prichard/Russo so I'm not a mark, loving MARK" thread on twitter

Who knew he was an internet legend

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the sheer hatred the russo morons have for Dave, an innocuous middle-aged man that loves roller derby, is really pathetic

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrianMcNail1/status/1051637885970079744?s=19

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Where exactly is the pro Saudi Arabia support coming from, I feel like that’s one of those rare situations where usually everyone from all sides agrees they’re a poo poo country except really rich people and politicians who do business with them

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Where exactly is the pro Saudi Arabia support coming from, I feel like that’s one of those rare situations where usually everyone from all sides agrees they’re a poo poo country except really rich people and politicians who do business with them

It's probably less pro-Saudi Arabia and more hardcore WWE fanboyism. Like there are people out there who think Vince is literally a genius that can do no wrong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

There are people that still stan Elon Musk after all the coked out weirdness he's done in the last year, never underestimate the corporate bootlicker's thirst for leather

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Some of it is from Saudi accounts but yeah as said above WWE apologists go to some crazy lengths to justify their decision to watch.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Hey Philly works hard for those murders

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

People say global warming isn't real, and yet look at all these burning hot takes we've seen recently.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
gritty needs to feed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
The best part of that idiot's tweet is that numerous people pointed out how he just took all reported shootings in Philly and claimed they were murders, when the real number was actually somewhere around 250-ish.

Though I am disappointed that nobody asked him how many of those murders were sanctioned by the state, in comparison to the one in question being ordered by the ruler of Saudi Arabia and carried out by KSA government thugs. But god forbid WWE not get to make a bunch of money. :rolleyes:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The best part of that idiot's tweet is that numerous people pointed out how he just took all reported shootings in Philly and claimed they were murders, when the real number was actually somewhere around 250-ish.

Though I am disappointed that nobody asked him how many of those murders were sanctioned by the state, in comparison to the one in question being ordered and carried out by the ruler of Saudi Arabia. But god forbid WWE not get to make a bunch of money. :rolleyes:

The other 900 were Dave killing him with the quote tweet.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

MassRafTer posted:

The other 900 were Dave killing him with the quote tweet.

If there's one thing Twitter has proven to be good for, it's for allowing absolute idiots a platform where they can just run right out and own themselves, in public, for all perpetuity. With the really amazing thing being how so many of them do it *constantly*.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the people who get mad when something like Tesla and WWE are people really mired in a weird type of insecurity where they think any type of criticism levied at the things they like and enjoy is a criticism towards them, because they think so little of themselves that their hobbies and interests are their only sense of identity.

I realize this probably isn't necessarily news for those of you who see these dudes on Twitter all the time.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 15, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The kind of people who trust Russo over Meltzer absolutely have to be younger than the death of wcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

What the gently caress did you just say about Twitter, assface?