Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
WWE aren't interested in Khabib.

https://rajah.com/node/wwe-rumors-no-interest-nurmagomedov-wrestlers-opinion-saudi-arabia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I saw Ngannou v Stipe back in January or February. Was a ton of fun.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd probably go so he wouldn't have an excuse to slaughter my village tbh

Yeah I can't really blame the Russian fighters for their association with these guys. Frank Mir is just an idiot.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Skip My Posts posted:

You made up the running away part. He’s in Ireland all the time

Yeah after paying a few hundred thousand to smooth things over.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

spb posted:

I saw Ngannou v Stipe back in January or February. Was a ton of fun.

January. Was there too. What a wet fart of a main event

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Street Horrrsing posted:

Yeah after paying a few hundred thousand to smooth things over.

lol

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Yeah that's what actually happened so post some links or shut up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah I can't really blame the Russian fighters for their association with these guys. Frank Mir is just an idiot.

Werdum fit right in with the whole, "Sends gays to concentration camps" vibe.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just a heads up for anyone that might miss Chael fighting and doesn't follow the other promotions - Chael vs Fedor at Bellator 208 is on tonight on the paramount network and we're discussing it in the B-League thread

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Street Horrrsing posted:

Yeah that's what actually happened so post some links or shut up

Lol sure

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Just to recap for those at the back skip my posts has nothing to say and nothing to back it up

you can safely... skip his posts

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Conor McGregor fled Las Vegas out of fear of Nate Diaz.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Street Horrrsing posted:

Just to recap for those at the back skip my posts has nothing to say and nothing to back it up

you can safely... skip his posts

Why would we need a recap, he's already been probated 5 times in the last two weeks for constant shitposts

ed: make that 6 :laffo:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 14, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Get some new material.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

In before the "u mad lol?" troll post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe giving more than a 6hr probation would dissuade him from being a constant poo poo poster.

JK he'll always be bad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Maybe giving more than a 6hr probation would dissuade him from being a constant poo poo poster.

JK he'll always be bad.

He ate a 3 day for the same thing like a week ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

He ate a 3 day for the same thing like a week ago.

That's why I said "JK he'll always be bad."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip my posts is ok sometimes, but you know what always sucks - talking about posters. It's much better to talk about fighters and fights, imo.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
ive decided Conor didn't win that third round. he was cheating like loving crazy and should have had a point taken away. thanks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

ive decided Conor didn't win that third round. he was cheating like loving crazy and should have had a point taken away. thanks

I'd say that if it had gone to a decision there was no way he was gonna win anyway, but then I remembered that UFC judges are insane or incompetent or both so who loving knows.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
saying conor is paying gangsters money to not kill him is good. laughing at that person is bad.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Just a heads up for anyone that might miss Chael fighting and doesn't follow the other promotions - Chael vs Fedor at Bellator 208 is on tonight on the paramount network and we're discussing it in the B-League thread

yah im psyched this channel comes on sling

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Even if you don't factor in the insanely constant cheating, I'm till not really convinced Conor won that round.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

saying conor is paying gangsters money to not kill him is good. laughing at that person is bad.

Handing out cases of proper no twelve in exchange for safety

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I'd say that if it had gone to a decision there was no way he was gonna win anyway, but then I remembered that UFC judges are insane or incompetent or both so who loving knows.

Also NSAC doesn't use the new rules, so a 10-8 (which I feel Khabib could've gotten) rounds wouldn't be a thing on that score card.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did that break Khabib's streak of never losing a round or whatever or was that not a real thing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's been mentioned on MMA Journalist podcasts so I feel like it is but I never heard it before then, nor really paid attention to that stat.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did that break Khabib's streak of never losing a round or whatever or was that not a real thing

It was a thing others cared about but seemingly not Khabib as long as it was the only L of the night he wound up taking

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Think Khabib also got an L for letting SBG get into his head.

Conor is up 2-1.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mekchu posted:

It's been mentioned on MMA Journalist podcasts so I feel like it is but I never heard it before then, nor really paid attention to that stat.

Yeah I think where I first heard it was Rogan saying he's a monster that has never lost a round on his podcast and didn't know if that was actually a thing

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm pretty sure Khabib said it himself at one of the press conferences leading to to 229.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
he's for sure never lost a round except that one.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's one of those technically-true-but-really-bullshit things; most notably he had a close fight with Gleison loving Tibau that almost everyone scored as a Tibau win that the judges scored 30-27 for him because judges are silly.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

The other garbage shitposter is Extremely Concerned about garbage shitposting. If you're so bothered about another poster's e honor you can actually make the argument skip my posts failed to make. By the way "lol" is not sufficient

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Conor gets the last laugh - cheats to break Khabib's imaginary record

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tibau didn't really do anything in that fight aside from stop takedowns.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The other garbage shitposter is Extremely Concerned about garbage shitposting. If you're so bothered about another poster's e honor you can actually make the argument skip my posts failed to make. By the way not sure what brain injury you're referring to my man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

you know what always sucks - talking about posters. It's much better to talk about fighters and fights, imo.

Wise words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Street Horrrsing posted:

The other garbage shitposter is Extremely Concerned about garbage shitposting. If you're so bothered about another poster's e honor you can actually make the argument skip my posts failed to make. By the way "lol" is not sufficient

i strongly believe this baseless assertion is dog poo poo garbage that any sane person would put no more effort into refuting than laughing at them or its internet equivalent - typing 'lol'

• Locked thread