Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Eimi posted:

So the storyline of the Silver Island is an unexpected highlight of an already great game, but I have a question, do you ever see Kyra again? I loved the chemistry Kassandra had with her and hate to see no real interaction. Even the send off of you leaving the islands wasn't as good as the big central romance scene.

Unfortunately I think all the island subplots are one and done, unless there's some kind of endgame dance party I don't know about. My deck crew is currently a harem of everyone I've romanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
I like the fact that legendary armour sets auto-level up when you complete them (although they won't if they're in storage).

Also, I wish boar hitboxes were larger. I've shot a bunch of arrows that passed through their body but didn't 'hit' them.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I wish everything about the combat was sharper. It feels like wading water at the best of times.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Board are the most dangerous animal for that reason. Thankfully I don't take fall damage, because the amount of times they've punted me off a cliff...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

exquisite tea posted:

Unfortunately I think all the island subplots are one and done, unless there's some kind of endgame dance party I don't know about. My deck crew is currently a harem of everyone I've romanced.

Shame! I didn't see an option for Kyra to join the crew. However, I did save a one eyed huntress who took a liking to Barnabus. And she was more than happy to come aboard. It seems that you're not the only one who can romance someone!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm level 50 and done with the main story except for the collecting things stuff. I also happened upon a weapon while tidying up that gives me everything I've wanted all game THE POWER OF POSEIDON! Good game. I hope the DLC is meaty.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Tch, the eyepatch doesn't show up in cutscenes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Safeword posted:

Tch, the eyepatch doesn't show up in cutscenes.

I don't know why there isn't helmet in Cutscene mode specifically for the eyepatch/tiaras

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I hope they'll add one. Post release support for Origins was fantastic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, found an alternate way to resolve the Dagger to the Heart quest. You can save both people if you simply preemptively attack the gang attacking them before the dialog cutscene. You still need to make sure that they both live through the fight, but I was able to easily do it via level 2 Rush Assassination to get in there and kill 3 of em, and a Hero Strike to kill one more, only leaving one dude. I thought that was pretty neat.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Safeword posted:

I hope they'll add one. Post release support for Origins was fantastic.

Plus cosmetic slots. I want to wear the legendary sets, but clownsuit-purples are better.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

The Lone Badger posted:

Plus cosmetic slots. I want to wear the legendary sets, but clownsuit-purples are better.

Yes! The tracker set is wonderful, so scrappy looking, but the resource cost to keep it upgraded, ugh.

Also I found out why some Polemarchs are missing from camps; they'll randomly fight with bears and caged animals, often losing. What the hell.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just found out that if whoever put a bounty on you spots you anywhere, they'll instantly go in for a fight. Which makes sense, I suppose, but also means that you can end up in a huge brawl with every citizen if this happens in the middle of a normally neutral town. I came out of a cutscene in Naxos and one of the guards posted there happened to have put a bounty on me, which then led to every guard in the area being angry at me and me eventually running out of town when it turned out the next area i had to go to also had guards posted who were also now angry. This all being exceedingly silly because I had just exited conversation with the leader of town who was now contently watching me being harassed by assorted household items and sharp objects.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Any of you dudes have issues activating this game on Steam? Uplay keeps asking me for a cd-key I didn't get, and apparently it's not supposed to do that and just connect automatically.

I've done the suggested "reinstall Uplay" poo poo as suggested by googling results, but it's still not working.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 14, 2018

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The problem I had with Black Flag is that it starts exactly how I wanted - you are a nasty drunken pirate. But than for some inexplicable and unexplained reason you turn into humanitarian - deliverying medicine and poo poo. Why? All those murderers and scumbags are apparently mother theresa and all they wanted was common good.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
I currently can only connect to the in game store and related items if I use a VPN. :iiam:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Sekenr posted:

The problem I had with Black Flag is that it starts exactly how I wanted - you are a nasty drunken pirate. But than for some inexplicable and unexplained reason you turn into humanitarian - deliverying medicine and poo poo. Why? All those murderers and scumbags are apparently mother theresa and all they wanted was common good.

That medicine was for Edward's own little corner of the world - can't be a very good pirate if everyone is dead of dystentry and other sickness.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So the Olympics quest chain feels very weird if you are Kassandra during it, not a single person bats an eye or even has any objections to her competing which is fine but when I've just done a quest that had a woman being sentenced to death and thrown off a mountain for merely trying to observe the games then it just makes it even more awkward.

This is the biggest sign that the game assumes you are playing as Alexios that I've seen.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Judge Tesla posted:

So the Olympics quest chain feels very weird if you are Kassandra during it, not a single person bats an eye or even has any objections to her competing which is fine but when I've just done a quest that had a woman being sentenced to death and thrown off a mountain for merely trying to observe the games then it just makes it even more awkward.

This is the biggest sign that the game assumes you are playing as Alexios that I've seen.

It's a miss for sure, especially given the team's public stance of Kassandra as the canon choice. An appearance thing towards the ending of one of the main quest lines does something similar. I'm chalking it up to technical & temporal limitations - for the most part they make each character feel natural as the protagonist and nemesis, and I think they ran out of time with a couple bits.

I will say kicking the crap out of a bunch of dudes at the Olympics was fun, and Testikles was funnier than expected. I ate it right up.

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018
Ty for clearing up my quest questions + making the family focus clear! Those questions were weirdly hard to google.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

I think everyone in ancient Greece just looks at Kassandra and decides everything will be simpler (and much more pleasant for them) if they pretend she's a man.

What are people's favourite attack combos? I like light-light-heavy-heavy with the spear - heavy_3 comes out very quickly, and heavy_4 pulls you back out of range while you wind up and then does massive damage.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 14, 2018

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
There is a special place in hell for the scumbags who upload screenshots on the fast travel points

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Not that I disagree, but L3 let's you move between cluttered icons. They're learning!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You can also just hide all photos on the map.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Krogort posted:

There is a special place in hell for the scumbags who upload screenshots on the fast travel points

It really is the new "stop blocking the doorway"

(also yes I use down arrow to hide individually)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Viridiant posted:

So far the only thing I don't like about this game is the friendly fire. I'm tired of making quest objectives hostile to me because they're getting attacked and I try to help them so that they don't die.

That turned one of the Dagger missions into such a production I had to stop playing the game for a while, because for some reason not only did the my target's bodyguards go hostile which is fair, a bunch of random civilians would also go aggro and killing them just raised my bounty level and no matter how much I hid they'd never go back to normal or unaware or whatever you want to call it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Krogort posted:

You know you can turn them off right? I just wish the "hide other players' photos" setting would stay set. It turns back on whenever you exit the game.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
So they based Sokrates on Zizek, right? Because he sometimes sounds like a dude doing an impression and his usage of 'and so on'...

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

toasterwarrior posted:

Any of you dudes have issues activating this game on Steam? Uplay keeps asking me for a cd-key I didn't get, and apparently it's not supposed to do that and just connect automatically.

I've done the suggested "reinstall Uplay" poo poo as suggested by googling results, but it's still not working.

Closing Uplay gave me a prompt to connect my Steam account the next time I opened AssCreed.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

About the Olympics thing there's even a loading screen message saying that women weren't allowed to compete in the Olympics, they had the Heraean Games.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Crowetron posted:

I found this cool volcano cave named after Hephaestus and kicked a buncha dudes into lava. But I also found this fishy looking door down there. There was no prompt to interact with it and it didn't look like the fancy triangle doors that other spooky ruins have. Is there nothing to do down there or should I keep this area in mind as I slowly work my way through the plot?

I have this question too.

In general the game could be better about “you need to come back later” messages. I recently found a sunken ruin and one of the chests wouldn’t open for me. The circle filled up and then it silently failed. I figured I’d run into some kind of bug and gave up. Later a quest gave me a key for it. A small thing but would have been nice if they’d polished that up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pwnstar posted:

About the Olympics thing there's even a loading screen message saying that women weren't allowed to compete in the Olympics, they had the Heraean Games.

I figure handling these things meaningfully for those that care without also upsetting idiot chuds is a bridge too far so you just enter a world of high adventure.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Chaining the overdrive attack with a huge hammer is so much fun. See ya later suckers!

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

JBP posted:

I figure handling these things meaningfully for those that care without also upsetting idiot chuds is a bridge too far so you just enter a world of high adventure.

We've already had people in this thread complaining the game isn't needlessly sexist to Kassandra, so...eh. If it was intended as historically accurate rather than historically flavoured I'd probably agree it was weird, but AC being egalitarian about these things is for the best IMO.

On that note I love now level 32 and can feel the power ramping up. Routinely taking down mercs five levels above, and I think I'm in a much higher merc tier than the game is expecting. Changed up my roleplay a bit as well, so Kass now fights at the first opportunity and sleeps with everyone even the slightest bit appealing. Works about a thousand times better.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

The Lone Badger posted:

I think everyone in ancient Greece just looks at Kassandra and decides everything will be simpler (and much more pleasant for them) if they pretend she's a man.

Demigods, legendary heroes, chosen ones, and army slayers are placed in their own special category of societal rules, one titled: "She killed fifty people just today and I'm pretty sure she's not bullshitting about beating the Minotaur to death, are you going to loving tell her no?"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Pwnstar posted:

I think the general conceit of Odyssey is "all historical customs of Ancient Greek society apply except for Kassandra, who is just so scary that nobody questions her."

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Found a fun bug in a quest on the islands of Hydrea and Melos. Spoilers for "The Battle of 100 Hands":

I went through the trainings with Roxana on Hydrea and then went initiate the Battle of 100 Hands quest on Melos. But instead of following Drakios to the starting area I took a swim to the little nearby island where the quest line actually ends [which I was unaware of at the time]. Roxana was there! I killed her! Then I returned to Melos and went through the intended quest line to find that Roxana was alive again during the cutscenes following the battle-royale portion of the quest. Okay. I mean, yeah, I killed her, but I get it - if she's needed for the quest then she'll be back. It's a big open world game, this stuff happens. During the cut-scene I choose to fight her figuring I kicked her rear end a few minutes ago, I can certainly do it again. As soon as the cut-scene ended she literally just slumps to the ground dead. Drops like a rock.

It was funnier than this write-up makes it sound, I assure you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Timotheous Venture posted:

Found a fun bug in a quest on the islands of Hydrea and Melos. Spoilers for "The Battle of 100 Hands":

I went through the trainings with Roxana on Hydrea and then went initiate the Battle of 100 Hands quest on Melos. But instead of following Drakios to the starting area I took a swim to the little nearby island where the quest line actually ends [which I was unaware of at the time]. Roxana was there! I killed her! Then I returned to Melos and went through the intended quest line to find that Roxana was alive again during the cutscenes following the battle-royale portion of the quest. Okay. I mean, yeah, I killed her, but I get it - if she's needed for the quest then she'll be back. It's a big open world game, this stuff happens. During the cut-scene I choose to fight her figuring I kicked her rear end a few minutes ago, I can certainly do it again. As soon as the cut-scene ended she literally just slumps to the ground dead. Drops like a rock.

It was funnier than this write-up makes it sound, I assure you.

LOL. Now I wonder what would happen there if you didn't take the fight option!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So far I haven't run into very many appealing options for people to pair with Kassandra. I've done Megaris, Phokis, Malis and Lokris and the only person I thought was rad enough was (minor Phokis spoilers)that old lady in Delphi with the husband who was too infirm to have sex anymore. I enjoyed the montage of him just chillin' outside.

I imagine there are a ton more opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

The Locator posted:

Best quest moment so far - the look on Cyclops face when you put his eye in the piggy. Whoever did that facial animation loving nailed it. I was laughing my rear end off.

My favorite moment, as well... :swoon:

It's all the actress: they mocapped the performances and used the Andy Sirkis facedots to capture facial animations!