Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

My guess was wrong last time and I hope it's wrong again, because if it's right get ready for another round's worth of a guy way less interesting than Saw Paing. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

No way the boring lightning ninja is down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rei sucks and saw paing owns so I hope this headbutt ends the fight

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Noooooo! Saw Paing, you're supposed to make a comeback! That's not the way to win.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rei is going to win do it's assassin styles against each other again.next

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like how your effectiveness as a fighter is directly proportional to how crazy of a face you can make during a fight

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I like how your effectiveness as a fighter is directly proportional to how crazy of a face you can make during a fight

With Gaolong, Hatsumi and Bando as the only outliers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

With Gaolong, Hatsumi and Bando as the only outliers.

Don't forget Gensai.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah Fang had a pretty wild face for a few panels so you know he's legit

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I assume Hatsumi, Gaolang and Gensai all have bug gently caress crazy face hidden underneath those placid exteriors

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Murobuchi Gozo had a constant and only slightly crazy face, and that's why he went down so fast.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Time to change tactics and show off that assassin prowess by hitting the guy with an adamantium skull in the head, repeatedly. :what:

Anyone who said Ohma or Raian are the least interesting fighters must have forgotten that this guy exists.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Rei is just kind of a generic edgelord that has a crush on his CEO and that's about it. He's basically had the same personality since he broke Togo's original fighters legs. I mean Raian is just a madman himself but he doesn't have this stoic and dismissive outlook on the world like Rei does. It's hard to care about him when he's the embodiment of "nothing personal kid"

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

:words: lightning chidori Sasuke :words:

You were so right, I can't unsee this now. He even sucks like Sasuke does

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

replace rei with hit

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Its really incredible how uncharismatic Rei is. Like even the rear end in a top hat murder cop is someone who you love to hate. Rei is just :geno:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

80% of Rei's page time is him being a profoundly embarrassing boyfriend and people here are saying he's Sasuke.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Is your argument that Rei doesn't suck or just not as much as Sasuke?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
if saw doesnt win imma throw a fit. in b4 assassin technique gonna nullify the "hammer of burma "

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joseance posted:

Rei sucks and saw paing owns so I hope this headbutt ends the fight

Since the chapter ends on the headbutt as a cliffhanger instead of showing Saw winning the fight with the headbutt, then the fight definitely will not end with the headbutt. :smith:

There's still the possibility that Rei gains the advantage next chapter and then Saw wins in Chapter 152. :unsmith:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i suspect that rei will end up desperate enough that he ends up killing saw.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hypocrisy posted:

I love this manga.

Another shoutout to the redrawers here, drat

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Since the chapter ends on the headbutt as a cliffhanger instead of showing Saw winning the fight with the headbutt, then the fight definitely will not end with the headbutt. :smith:

There's still the possibility that Rei gains the advantage next chapter and then Saw wins in Chapter 152. :unsmith:

I mean, the last fight had muteba making seki explode into blood and the next chapter he just finished him

So the chapter structure isn’t absolute, though I don’t think Rei is done yet

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hopefully one of these people are going to be fighting Kiryu in the next round, because hoo boy do I not want Gensai trying to piece Saw Paing's skull.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

this fight is fine and the action itself is good. biggest problem with it is that saw's skeleton itself is ridiculous so rei's hits aren't doing any wicked cool poo poo. which, well, it's just a bad matchup for him. think it's being done as well as it could be with that in mind.

hope saw wins and rei gets to go nap with his gf for a while

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anyone could do it it would be gensai

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Hopefully one of these people are going to be fighting Kiryu in the next round, because hoo boy do I not want Gensai trying to piece Saw Paing's skull.

But what if it's Rei who wins this match (:() and then Gensai wins the next match and it's Gensai trying to pierce Rei's skull in Round 3 (:))?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JosephWongKS posted:

This is one of the things that I really like about Kengan Ashura: if a chapter ended on a cliffhanger, it didn't mysteriously end there and but the audience only finds out the result at the start of the next chapter; some thing(s) has to happen before it concludes. And if it does end at a chapter, the ending is definitive and clear.

What I'm saying is, next chapter is Saw Paing just hanging onto Rei while upgrading the Hammer of Burma into the HAMMERS OF BURMA

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Let's just say that the real hammer of burma isn't his skull

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait is that legit art?

The physical volumes always have cheesecake like this under the front cover, as well as some silly 4koma style situations under the back.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's funny that I actually like Rei outside of this fight, he's a take on the usually tired, pretty :jerkbag: "badass young hot assassin who gave up killing for love" character that becomes humorous because he's framed as this huge baby who only wants to bury his head in big boobs. It's an entertaining schtick because the story doesn't really take him seriously. So I guess that's why when his character is entirely played straight during this fight I immediately turned on him and rolled my eyes all the way through.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 15, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

tweet my meat posted:

Let's just say that the real hammer of burma isn't his skull

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I really want to stop and appreciate how loving awesome "Hammer of Burma" is as a finishing move name. If you're only going to name one move, name it after your homeland and destroy your opponent with it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

I really want to stop and appreciate how loving awesome "Hammer of Burma" is as a finishing move name. If you're only going to name one move, name it after your homeland and destroy your opponent with it.

I really hope the flash of light we see is for real and not an artistic style. It's very reminiscent of Hammer Of Dawn from the Gears of War games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Suspicious Lump posted:

I really hope the flash of light we see is for real and not an artistic style. It's very reminiscent of Hammer Of Dawn from the Gears of War games.

Are you saying Saw Paing's headbutt created sparks?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It actually broke the speed of light, creating a photon boom.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope saw paing loses but then gets up and kills rei before joining jerry tyson on the announcer table

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

I disliked saw because of him killing based fisher dad but now he’s my fave after rihito got murked

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/464152/1

gently caress this manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
worst fight