Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Merge Crown Jewel and Tribute to The Troops, the goodwill from supporting our troops will balance it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

DarkstarIV posted:

More coverage on Crown Jewel, this time from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.d6d4a590ef4e
Noted wrestler Monster Among Men

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Y'know, in the event they have to move the Crown Jewel event to another country featuring a dictatorship, there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge stadium in a country featuring a regime that's trying to kiss up to the US and our Dept. of State right now.

And they've already hosted a wrestling event there in the past, which set an all-time attendance record for indoor sporting events when it happened. Just sayin'. Participation would be mandatory at this place, too. And if someone whispered in their leader's ear the right way, i'm sure those in attendance could be encouraged to pop huge for Roman when he walks out.

Hell , get Flair and Inoki and have them fight again. TWICE IN A LIFETIME! And another thing: Women could perform at this event, and they wouldn't even have to be covered up.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Battle Royals are usually pretty fun so only the real bad ones are a waste of time

I find non-rumble battle totals to be generally awful, personally. rumbles are getting more and more formulaic and predictable too, unfortunately

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Vince has heard your concerns and is moving the ppv, it has been rechristened the Dear Leader Combat Period and will build important bridges with the North Korean people

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

32 people on this poster and I can only recognize 8. The only ones I've ever seen in a match are the Bellas.

I'm... out of touch.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Despite current events me and one of my best friends went through today with buying tickets to Takeover and the Rumble in Phoenix. I was hesitant, but going to a WWE Pay Per View live, let alone one of the big four, is basically the only thing I've never gotten to do as a wrestling fan, and given that my interest in WWE has withered to almost nothing I figured I would let myself have this swan song. Here's hoping the rumors about The Rock competing in the match are true!

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Ad by Khad posted:

32 people on this poster and I can only recognize 8. The only ones I've ever seen in a match are the Bellas.

I'm... out of touch.

Go watch Asuka vs Ember Moon from Takeover Brooklyn III. You'll be glad you did!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Auritech posted:

Go watch Asuka vs Ember Moon from Takeover Brooklyn III. You'll be glad you did!

you'll be less glad when none of the matches on the card are anywhere near that good.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
well luckily all that murder business broke toward the end of the week. surely it will have blown over by Monday

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Son of Man posted:

well luckily all that murder business broke toward the end of the week. surely it will have blown over by Monday

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1051430502677270528

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Oh hey, I guess its time for Trump to get on twitter and get into a slapfight with KSA

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
according to reddit wwe's page for crown jewel no longer mentions the location nor has a link to buy tickets

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wwe.com/2018 World Cup tournament match the only one that outright mentions Saudi on the front page

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So does Shawn Michaels still come out of retirement for not a gently caress ton of money?

I honestly wondering if canceling this deal with Saudi Arabia is going to be used as an excuse to make roster cuts or some other lovely decision to make the quarter financial results higher to meet investor expectations or whatever

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

according to reddit wwe's page for crown jewel no longer mentions the location nor has a link to buy tickets

Like that one Wrestlemania where Hogan faced Slaughter during the Gulf War, they had to move to an undisclosed location for reasons of national security. :patriot:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"After KSA threatened Trump, the President called us and said "No go, Vince" and we're Americans through and through and so to keep our employees safe, we had to move. BUT WE WILL BE BACK FOR HABIBI-MANIA after this blows over. It'll replace Wrestlemania this year."

I wonder if KSA is getting more balls and being more threatening because they're striking deals with Russia, who have their back. Plus the Russian stooge in the President's office lets them run amok.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Can't wait for WWE Crown Jewel, live from Full Sail.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

ThePariah posted:

Can't wait for WWE Crown Jewel, live from Full Sail.

WWE is just going to use the date and venue for Evolution and bump the ladies to a house show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1051506444283965440

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it's gonna turn into the Munich Olympics if they actually go, lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bah gawd that show has been broken in half

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Hey Shawn remember that time you were willing to come out of retirement for blood money"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Put mustaches on everyone and call it "wcw's crown jewel"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Put mustaches on everyone and call it "wcw's crown jewel"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1051525012341972993

Imagine still giving money to this company

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

Despite current events me and one of my best friends went through today with buying tickets to Takeover and the Rumble in Phoenix. I was hesitant, but going to a WWE Pay Per View live, let alone one of the big four, is basically the only thing I've never gotten to do as a wrestling fan, and given that my interest in WWE has withered to almost nothing I figured I would let myself have this swan song. Here's hoping the rumors about The Rock competing in the match are true!

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Gonz posted:

Y'know, in the event they have to move the Crown Jewel event to another country featuring a dictatorship, there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge stadium in a country featuring a regime that's trying to kiss up to the US and our Dept. of State right now.

And they've already hosted a wrestling event there in the past, which set an all-time attendance record for indoor sporting events when it happened. Just sayin'. Participation would be mandatory at this place, too. And if someone whispered in their leader's ear the right way, i'm sure those in attendance could be encouraged to pop huge for Roman when he walks out.

Hell , get Flair and Inoki and have them fight again. TWICE IN A LIFETIME! And another thing: Women could perform at this event, and they wouldn't even have to be covered up.

If Trump isn't going to stop a billion dollar weapons deal with the Saudis there's no chance in hell Vince is going to cancel Crown Jewel.

I just wonder if we are going to get a Jamal lookalike for the Saudi wrestlers to squash like that surreal Iraqi segment at the Greatest Royal Rumble.

edit: holy moly lol

https://twitter.com/JindersNips/status/1051481283384266752

The Cosby Mysteries fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 14, 2018

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Never underestimate the human capacity for rationalization.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep. Unless they make an official announcement saying it's cancelled or moved, they're sweeping it under the rug and hoping no one notices

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
"Someone was killed by the government? gently caress 'em pay me and I'll dance around for your amusement!"
-HBK, who once stated he was uncomfortable doing crotch chops anymore because he is a Christian

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
As it says in the Ten Commandments, thou shall not murder make suggestive gestures at an entertainment show.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep. Unless they make an official announcement saying it's cancelled or moved, they're sweeping it under the rug and hoping no one notices

I bet they're waiting to see what their stock does tomorrow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wonder if they try to have their cake and eat it too by making it an unbroadcasted house show in Saudi Arabia.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 14, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If they don't promote it the Saudis are probably going to see it as a slight against them anyway so they're in a no win situation and should just cancel it and take the hit

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gumball Gumption posted:

I winner if they try to have their cake and eat it too by making it an unbroadcasted house show in Saudi Arabia.

The point of the Saudi show is for it to advertise Saudi Arabia to the foreign audience, not advertise WWE to the Saudi audience by doing a house show.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If they don't promote it the Saudis are probably going to see it as a slight against them anyway so they're in a no win situation and should just cancel it and take the hit

"Of course, your royal mightiness, we're all on a plane to Saudi Arabia as we speak...hang on, I think we're coming into some turbulence...signal's getting weak...you're breaking up..." *throws phone into a trash compactor*

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

More coverage on Crown Jewel, this time from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.d6d4a590ef4e

Linda's failed senate bid cost Vince a bajillion dollars and got us that hilarious depressed Vince image, now her appointment to a cabinet position is being used as a reason he should cancel this bajillion dollar deal too :xd:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

https://twitter.com/CupOJoesph/status/1051526700847325184?s=19

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That's a loving hot take

• Locked thread