Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Gay Horney posted:

anything to get me excited about this game if I know nothing about it and played RDR and thought it was just alright? I don't play a ton of Rockstar games I guess, trying to decide whether to wait for this or get rear end creed odyssey right now

Do you like RPGs? Cause this is shaping up to be one hell of an example of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just get asscreed now and grab RDR2 a week after it comes out, at the beginning of November. That'll give you some time to read some reviews too

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Babe Magnet posted:

just get asscreed now and grab RDR2 a week after it comes out, at the beginning of November. That'll give you some time to read some reviews too

Or, conversely, gently caress rear end Creed and just get RDR2. rear end creed will be on sale for $20 by Christmas. RDR2 won't drop until MAYBE summer next year, but if GTA is anything to go by, it'll be full price for a while.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd imagine you're going to quickly fall into finding a favourite rifle and side arm and only want to use that, so managing your guns from the horse is probably going to be negligible unless you're going deep into the wilderness to shoot deer or something.

wow look at this guy that keeps TNT on him at the saloon instead of the trunk of his horse

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

anything to get me excited about this game if I know nothing about it and played RDR and thought it was just alright? I don't play a ton of Rockstar games I guess, trying to decide whether to wait for this or get rear end creed odyssey right now

It has dynamic horse testicles.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Cultural Marxist posted:

It has dynamic horse testicles.
rear end Creed has giant testicles you can hang off of.

Decisions decisions.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

snoremac posted:

rear end Creed has giant testicles you can hang off of.

Decisions decisions.

The choice between one massive pair of stone balls and several pairs of moving horse balls is actually surprisingly tricky.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This still better have funny spaghetti western I've Been Shot! staggering death animations like RDR1.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Huh, I didn't realise they were making the sequel into more of an RPG but I'm into it.

Croccers posted:

This still better have funny spaghetti western I've Been Shot! staggering death animations like RDR1.

I was very bummed out when they didn't have those in GTA5. I also hope the guns still have the snap and weight to them they did in RDR.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are the RPG elements of this game? First thing i read of it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Croccers posted:

I will be seriously pissed if these aren't in it. It was great watching people fly over fence posts and stuff.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DoctorGonzo posted:

What are the RPG elements of this game? First thing i read of it

Armor and customizing weapons and having to drink mana potions to recover your magic points

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
RDR3 will be set in Australia where the goldrush has just kicked off and you can be a bushranger and go up against the police and british soldiers.

Nick Cave will write the story outline and produce the music.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DogonCrook posted:

I feel like that was in the last one. You had a companionship meter or something and the horse would be less likely to spook on you or buck if you kicked too much? Also if i remember it was entirely ignorable and just playing regularly you would eventually fill the meter anyways. Im sure all these sytems are like that, a small bonus you can completely ignore.

I think the different horses just had different levels of stamina, and pushing too hard would injure your horse.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

drunkill posted:

RDR3 will be set in Australia where the goldrush has just kicked off and you can be a bushranger and go up against the police and british soldiers.

I just rewatched The Proposition this morning. Between the sweat, dirt, flies, and blood - everyone in that movie looks so goddamn uncomfortable. I love it.

I also have tickets to see the Bad Seeds up in DC in a few weeks. I'm actually going to be a couple days late to playing RDR2 as a result. C'est la vie.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I rewatched Assassination of Jesse James last night, and have started Yellowstone which is great so far. Thought about hooking up the 360 and replaying RDR1 but think I’m just gonna be binging westerns til release instead

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mandrel posted:

I rewatched Assassination of Jesse James last night, and have started Yellowstone which is great so far. Thought about hooking up the 360 and replaying RDR1 but think I’m just gonna be binging westerns til release instead

Between Amazon Prime and Netflix there's a good selection right now. Netflix has Unforgiven, Silverado, Hateful 8, Slow West, and The Homesman. Amazon Prime has The Man with No Name trilogy, Hang 'Em High, 3:10 to Yuma, Magnificent 7, Stagecoach, etc.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 14, 2018

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sorry if this is a dumb questions, but if I do the treasure hunts on PC, will I be able to unlock the guns for PS4, or do I have to wait for the PC release of RDR2 ?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's tied to your Rockstar social account so as long as that's the same you ought to be fine.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Mandrel posted:

If you have the disc for RDR its backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

MonkeyLibFront posted:

If you have the disc for RDR its backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

Don’t have one of those

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

or do I have to wait for the PC release of RDR2 ?

Hahahahahaha.

You're cute.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mandrel posted:

watch Bone Tomahawk

not a western but set in the West, real good though

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Bone Tomahawk rules, be warned though, it can be extremely violent if you typically don't like that kinda thing or are a bit squeamish.

Meanwhile if it is you're kinda thing, it'll probably be raising some standards.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

is it worth buying a PS4 just so I can play this on release? really don't want to wait for a PC release cause I have no idea how soon (probably not soon) it will get released.

and if I do buy a PS4, which one do I even get? there's so many variations of PS4 that just confuses me.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

drunkill posted:

Having finally got around to reading The True History Of The Kelly Gang, I would buy the poo poo out of this.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Westerado was added to gamepass thing on xbone. Probably a goofy take on it but it may scratch the itch.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Qubee posted:

is it worth buying a PS4 just so I can play this on release? really don't want to wait for a PC release cause I have no idea how soon (probably not soon) it will get released.

and if I do buy a PS4, which one do I even get? there's so many variations of PS4 that just confuses me.

The slim is basically the best option if you aren't at all interested in 4k gaming since it's cheaper, the pro is for 4k and faster games.

I don't know if it's worth it for one game but there's probably bound to be some other PS4/console only exclusives you'll be interested in.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BillBear posted:

Bone Tomahawk rules, be warned though, it can be extremely violent if you typically don't like that kinda thing or are a bit squeamish.

Meanwhile if it is you're kinda thing, it'll probably be raising some standards.

Do note that the director is a Nazi.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So what are the odds of there being a side quest or a character or interaction or SOMETHING in RDR2 that will make headlines? It feels like this game is going to be way too mainstream and there will be way too much attention on it for it to slide by without a mole hill being turned into a mountain.

Qubee posted:

I'm in the same boat as you, and I think you should be fine with pretty much any of the variations of the PS4 provided it's got enough hard drive space. I'm looking to grab a used one, hopefully with 1TB.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Between Amazon Prime and Netflix there's a good selection right now. Netflix has Unforgiven, Silverado, Hateful 8, Slow West, and The Homesman. Amazon Prime has The Man with No Name trilogy, Hang 'Em High, 3:10 to Yuma, Magnificent 7, Stagecoach, etc.

The Salvation is pretty good too, though I'm a giant loving nerd for Mads Mikkelsen so I may be biased in this regard :v:

chitoryu12 posted:

Do note that the director is a Nazi.

Aww what?

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

BillBear posted:

The slim is basically the best option if you aren't at all interested in 4k gaming since it's cheaper, the pro is for 4k and faster games.

I don't know if it's worth it for one game but there's probably bound to be some other PS4/console only exclusives you'll be interested in.

If you are not absolutely skint then get a Pro, yes even if you don't have a 4K TV and don't plan on getting one. Most games load faster and look better.

I've heard there'll be a bundle with the game, but I haven't looked into it.

I'd also recommend getting Horizons Zero Dawn and a few other exclusives. I came late to this console generation and mainly game on my PC but there are some really good Sony exclusives.

Media Bloodbath fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 14, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i just hope the gun fights look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbmDpEhAp48

Spoilery as gently caress if you havent seen django unchained.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Did the two GTA Online missions for stuff in RDR2. Quite a slog for someone who never played it.

But now I am ready to go!

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If only we had these blood effects. At least the ragdolls are satisfying as hell.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Dead eye level 5 with antagonize level 5 right here

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

AndyElusive posted:

So what are the odds of there being a side quest or a character or interaction or SOMETHING in RDR2 that will make headlines? It feels like this game is going to be way too mainstream and there will be way too much attention on it for it to slide by without a mole hill being turned into a mountain.

Zero, the moral panic about video games has been over for years

The only thing remotely controversial about GTA5 was Lindsey Lohan's dumbass lawsuit, which she lost

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gay Horney posted:

Go play AC O instead of A. It has a tonne of heart

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Media Bloodbath posted:

If you are not absolutely skint then get a Pro, yes even if you don't have a 4K TV and don't plan on getting one. Most games load faster and look better.

I've heard there'll be a bundle with the game, but I haven't looked into it.

I'd also recommend getting Horizons Zero Dawn and a few other exclusives. I came late to this console generation and mainly game on my PC but there are some really good Sony exclusives.

There is a pro deal that you get the game for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Capn Beeb posted:

The Salvation is pretty good too, though I'm a giant loving nerd for Mads Mikkelsen so I may be biased in this regard :v:

True. There are so many great "Mads murders everyone" movies like Valhalla Rising or Flammen and Citron that I forgot about The Salvation.

To anyone who hasn't seen it The Homesman rules and is the best (anti)western since The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.