Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Flannel didn't fit me too well, my stomach is too loving fat. Guess they are trying to convince me to shed some more weight!

Sherpa blanket is extremely good. How are Costco's pillows? Might as well go all out here on bedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I think I got my pillow at Costco, it's like chunks of memory foam instead of a single piece. I like it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Fake James posted:

Flannel didn't fit me too well, my stomach is too loving fat. Guess they are trying to convince me to shed some more weight!

Sherpa blanket is extremely good. How are Costco's pillows? Might as well go all out here on bedding.

It's ok buddy, why don't you sit down and relax with a couple dogs.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Jesus Christ it's a madhouse today

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
i am going to get some eggs today

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's ok buddy, why don't you sit down and relax with a couple dogs.

I'm heading to the church today to exchange a belt for a smaller size and get some pillows. Might get some dogs there and just grow into the belt I bought.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco was so busy I didn't even get a dog. The food court line was so long it was almost touching the line to get out the door at the other end of the store.

Plus, the douchebags standing in the way waiting for samples to get out of the oven

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I had to stop in today to pick up a prescription, which if I didn't need I never would have gone anywhere near on a Sunday. At least it wasn't too bad since I was there 20 minutes after opening.

Going in the middle of the day on a weekend is a rookie move.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Middle of the day on a work day is the real pro move'

Stop in, get a shitload of paper towels and a hot dog

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

binge crotching posted:

I had to stop in today to pick up a prescription, which if I didn't need I never would have gone anywhere near on a Sunday. At least it wasn't too bad since I was there 20 minutes after opening.

Going in the middle of the day on a weekend is a rookie move.

Is the pharmacy not closed on Sundays at your Costco?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Just picked up one of the Sony google home knock-off speakers for a ridiculous price of $90. Normally retails at $200, with used/refurbs coming in at $120. Highly recommended, it's pretty much the perfect bedroom alarm clock/speaker for me.

https://www.costco.com/Sony-LF-S50G-Smart-Speaker-with-Google-Assistant%2c-White.product.100454140.html

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

jerry seinfel posted:

I work from home and live 10 minutes away from both a constantly packed normal Costco and a Costco business center. I only go to the normal Costco if I have to, and only when they open in the morning. On the other hand I've gone to the business center just for a hotdog a few times. Never seen a line at the business center, even on the weekends.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Have I mentioned yet how good the Kirkland sateen sheets are?

They good af

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Bummey posted:

i am going to get some eggs today

I got eggs and avocados.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got kirkland sangria for my sister as a gift. Also got some korean bulgoli in the premade meals aisle and can confirm its pretty good. Also the chicken fettuccine!

No dogs though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wooo went to the 'sco today. Picked up a 4 pack of ribeye to freeze in individual bags, filled up the car, and picked up a big ol' bag of dogge foode for my parents dog that I am sitting. Got a few other things too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

If you want to make friends with that dog get them a bag (or a dozen bags when on sale) of Nubz. Those things are like.. doggy crack.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
My Costco had 6 packs of 60w equivalent LED light bulbs for $4 and 4 packs of 100w for $8. They are really nice and I finally switched over the last cfl bulbs at home.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

naem posted:

tapered pants aren’t for people who workout like, at all. I can’t squeeze my calves into them

Same. I'm like gym coach level with calves and Jean shopping sucks.

Costco jeans I wear at work and no one can notice I went a size up under my lab coat.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Apprentice Dick posted:

My Costco had 6 packs of 60w equivalent LED light bulbs for $4 and 4 packs of 100w for $8. They are really nice and I finally switched over the last cfl bulbs at home.

My costco had 6 packs of the LED bulbs that supposedly last 60,000 hours. So guess who's house is full of LED bulbs now. PBUC.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The battery in my smoke detector died so instead of paying like $5 for a single 9 volt battery I spent $13 for an 8 pack at Costco, so I can lose them, and have to buy another 8 pack when it dies again.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

Is the pharmacy not closed on Sundays at your Costco?

I guess you're right, it was Saturday! That's the problem with being sick as hell, all the days blur into one. Still a crappy time to go though

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

jerry seinfel posted:

I'm sorry, I have to call bullshit on this one. Okay, bullshit was harsh. Depends on location. My local Costco is a loving madhouse on a weekday middle of the day. I don't know who these people are or where the gently caress they come from but they crowd the place and once you make it back to your car, it's 20+ minutes to get out of the parking lot (Which is more about bad location than the people). 30-60 minutes before close seems to work for me (or 15 minutes before open on a Sunday). Bonus if it's raining.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

The battery in my smoke detector died so instead of paying like $5 for a single 9 volt battery I spent $13 for an 8 pack at Costco, so I can lose them, and have to buy another 8 pack when it dies again.

:hmmyes: Pro strat.

One time I bought some $4 windshield wipers for the car, got home, lost them, bought more some other day, then realized I got the wrong size.

Pbuc

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I feel like every Costco I have come across is busy enough to justify opening an identical Costco across the street and both would still be quite busy.

I think everyone loves Costco and we'll never have enough of them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

topenga posted:

I'm sorry, I have to call bullshit on this one.

What lol? Literally everything is slower in the middle of a weekday besides fast food places for people getting lunch.

People are at work you see.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
middle of the weekday at costco is all old people

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
And me. :smug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I went at 3pm on a Monday and while it wasn't dead the lines were pretty drat short and got in and out pretty quickly.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What lol? Literally everything is slower in the middle of a weekday besides fast food places for people getting lunch.

People are at work you see.

I did say it depended on location. I envy y'all that can hit up Church mid weekday. These mofos around here seem to live there.
I JUST NEEDED TO MAKE A QUICK STOP WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ME????

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I did the middle of the day trip once except my dumb rear end forgot that the next day was labor day. Insanity.

But yeah, deffo no samples on the mid day pilgrimage. Old folks gotta talk off the sample person's ear while they eat a single wonton

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I'm 5-7 minutes from a Costco and going there around 7:45pm owns. No fuss, no muss.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they have too few locations cuz they didn't join in the orgy of leveraging every other brick and mortar store did in the early 2000's to expand harder (or they didn't join in as much, rather)

which is why their financial position is strong af and most of those brick and mortar stores are wasting away from debt service

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they have too few locations cuz they didn't join in the orgy of leveraging every other brick and mortar store did in the early 2000's to expand harder (or they didn't join in as much, rather)

which is why their financial position is strong af and most of those brick and mortar stores are wasting away from debt service

pbuc
i renewed my membership and upgraded this year

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Debt to equity ratio as of 2017:

Costco 0.62
Walmart 0.59
Target 1.16
Amazon 1.59
Home Depot 5.45
Toys r Us: just lol

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 16, 2018

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
How’s the Kirkland brand scotch?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

metachronos posted:

How’s the Kirkland brand scotch?

It ain't bad.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Debt to equity ratio as of 2017:

Costco 0.62
Walmart 0.59
Target 1.16
Amazon 1.59
Home Depot 5.45
Toys r Us: just lol

lol @ home depot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Went to the 'co with my mom today. She's going to look into the auto program for the near future.

We got a new laptop for her and when we got to the line she forgot her card. The guy said "I'm not supposed to do this but I'll let you use your son's card."

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Somebody said something about a food court burrito and then disappeared. Was this a drive-by trolling? I want my Costco food court burrito!!