Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

TerminalRaptor posted:

It will be interesting if he finds his mother and learns she wants nothing to do with him.
I wonder if he will be able to roll with that. That could be the thing that drains all the Hank from him.

TerminalRaptor posted:

One of the running themes is that Rusty, no matter how bad of a parent he is, genuinely cares for the boys; even Dermott.
One cannot say that Dermott's (grand)mother doesn't care for him though. And she's probably a better parent than Rusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Those were planted by the blackhearts to get rusty to go after orb and compromise samson. The orb was irreversibly damaged by Eugene Sandow instead of killing Col. Venture.

Did they actually plant the evidence? I thought they just turned Brock against the assassins to eliminate their competition.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

White Coke posted:

Did they actually plant the evidence? I thought they just turned Brock against the assassins to eliminate their competition.

I don't think it's overtly said anywhere, but it just makes the most sense.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought Gathers did it so that he could force Brook away from the Venture family so that he could be recruited into Sphinx.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Dean got Doc's super science, Hank got Doc's Boy Adventurer-ness, and Dermott got Doc's delusional grandeur and whatever crap personality traits left over.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I really don't think any of the clues for the Orb were planted by Gathers or Molotov. Billy had been searching for clues for years. They may be behind Adrienne trying to kill Brock though, that's what really got Brock on edge.

graham cracker posted:

Dean got Doc's super science, Hank got Doc's Boy Adventurer-ness, and Dermott got Doc's delusional grandeur and whatever crap personality traits left over.
I would say that Hank and Dermott inherited equal amounts of Rusty's delusional confidence. Maybe it's the blonde hair.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 13, 2018

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It was clue clown.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

reignofevil posted:

It was clue clown.

Sovereign ordered him to plant those clues so he could find the orb so he could later on use it to stop Phantom Limb from wresting control of the GCI from him.

Also why he had Boggles killed (much much later?)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He was always wrong!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sash! posted:

I recently got married and all of the cutlery we registered for was Wusthof, from Williams Sonoma.

Thanks Phantom Limb.

I love how lame he was while also being a competent supervillain

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

They dug up the box in the garden with the gramophone cylinders in it, and Kano had one of them because he'd uncovered all the ORB stuff years ago too - when Jonas had the orb, and ultimately kept it hidden for safekeeping. Jonas is the one who put the code in the cartoon in case Rusty had to find it someday, and it was a URL cause he's a super scientist and knew all about the internet way before the general public did or does EVEN NOW!

It would be impossible for the blackhearts, hunter, or anyone to have planted all that. PROFESSOR Impossible??!?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can totally believe that while in Problem, Jonas still had contact with his old team, and they're the ones who did stuff like put in the URL on the dvds and such.

Get me a dictonary!
Why do we need a dictionary? We have the internet!
I don't want to play World of Warcraft! Internet, only good to find out your boyfriends cheating on you. It was right there on his myspace!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

feetnotes posted:

They dug up the box in the garden with the gramophone cylinders in it, and Kano had one of them because he'd uncovered all the ORB stuff years ago too - when Jonas had the orb, and ultimately kept it hidden for safekeeping. Jonas is the one who put the code in the cartoon in case Rusty had to find it someday, and it was a URL cause he's a super scientist and knew all about the internet way before the general public did or does EVEN NOW!

It would be impossible for the blackhearts, hunter, or anyone to have planted all that. PROFESSOR Impossible??!?

Doc and Billy in Grover Cleveland's Presidential Time Machine. I'm calling it now.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Dimebags Brain posted:

You've come to steal all our ideas. You've been foiled, we have none.

What ep?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

moleman posted:

What ep?

Escape to the house of mummies pt 2. Billy's rant after the find Rusty broke in and ransacked their trailer. He says something like "It's industrial espionage!" then the rest of the quote.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's so wonderfully delivered too, in that matter of fact flat way.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

feetnotes posted:

I rewatched the episode myself a few hours ago when this discussion started and this makes the most sense to me. Adrienne turning on Brock is, I'm pretty sure, was just him putting in his own 'termination code' by accident(?) because the later episodes kind of imply that OSI never actually betrayed him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kano left the box for Brock to find if Rusty ever started hunting for ORB. Jonas would have left the clues for Rusty in the box, though, and I'm pretty sure the OSI knew where ORB was the entire time. I don't think Jonas could have embedded the URL in the video, though. Even if arpanet did exist in some form before he would have died, the world wide web and anything that would have hosted a map wasn't around until the 90s.

The thing is, none of this matters. ORB doesn't matter. They said flat out in the art book it was meant entirely as a macguffin so they could show a lot of character development.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

feetnotes posted:

Jonas is the one who put the code in the cartoon in case Rusty had to find it someday, and it was a URL cause he's a super scientist and knew all about the internet way before the general public did or does EVEN NOW!

I would completely buy this explanation, he was a super scientist after all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mantis42 posted:

I rewatched the episode myself a few hours ago when this discussion started and this makes the most sense to me. Adrienne turning on Brock is, I'm pretty sure, was just him putting in his own 'termination code' by accident(?) because the later episodes kind of imply that OSI never actually betrayed him.

Can we talk about how impressive is that Brock won a fight with a car

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

HER NAME WAS ADRIAN

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

And not just a car, but a classic (and probably hot-rodded) American muscle car from the 60s. He tore it apart with hand tools and sheer might.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Mantis42 posted:

I have a pet theory that Gathers replaced Brock's code book at some point when he was getting a quiet drink away from the compound.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

After that fight with the truck in Mexico, Brock vowed he would never be a victim ever again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You saw how heart broken Brock was when he dismantled the gently caress out of the car. Bonus is how Helper freaks out cuz he thinks he's next and Brock drops the wrench and gives him ahug.

https://youtu.be/U7vzOWWpwx4?t=44

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Shindragon posted:

You saw how heart broken Brock was when he dismantled the gently caress out of the car. Bonus is how Helper freaks out cuz he thinks he's next and Brock drops the wrench and gives him ahug.

https://youtu.be/U7vzOWWpwx4?t=44

In retrospect of season 7, Helper has lived his entire life as one of the last of his kind so he's right to be wary.

But also he has no robot solidarity because he kills the J-Bot in season 6

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

420 Gank Mid posted:

In retrospect of season 7, Helper has lived his entire life as one of the last of his kind so he's right to be wary.

But also he has no robot solidarity because he kills the J-Bot in season 6

It's self preservation; remember GARDO?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Powerlessness in the Face of Death, probably the strongest season opener the show has ever had, one of those rare examples of a near perfect episode

Also the usage of Everybody's Free in the beginning is just wonderful(same with Look Away in Return To Spider-Skull Island)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked all the sound alikes Pete plays at the Prom.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

drrockso20 posted:

Also the usage of Everybody's Free in the beginning is just wonderful(same with Look Away in Return To Spider-Skull Island)

Every part of the story of them trying to secure rights to use the song is hilarious. Didn't it end up costing them like a third of their season's budget?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

TerminalRaptor posted:

Every part of the story of them trying to secure rights to use the song is hilarious. Didn't it end up costing them like a third of their season's budget?

I think it was a fourth or something, but it was a huge chunk. I love how the commentary begins with the audio of that voice mail they had kept, telling them to use the Thirlwell song instead... a Thirlwell song that didn't exist. I didn't know until the book came out that Doc had quickly shitted together a song that hit all the right accents that had already been animated. I kind-of want to hear that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Season two is amazing regardless, so they made the right choice.

It's like how the SEEGAAAAA chime at the beginning of Sonic 1 took up like an eighth of the cartridge space; absolutely ridiculous, but totally worth it.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 14, 2018

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I received an extra week #7 shirt (Illumina-tee) at the same time as the Dr. Z shirt. Free t-shirt! Still waiting on #9, #10, and the bonus.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I received an extra week #7 shirt (Illumina-tee) at the same time as the Dr. Z shirt. Free t-shirt! Still waiting on #9, #10, and the bonus.

Same thing happened to me. I emailed them to make sure I’m still getting week #9 and #10 but haven’t heard anything yet.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Nemo posted:

Same thing happened to me. I emailed them to make sure I’m still getting week #9 and #10 but haven’t heard anything yet.

I was going to wait to see if I got a #10 with no #9 before I emailed. They've messed up with past seasons and have been really responsive about fixing the problem.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol they did the same "cut to yelling having killed a bunch of guys" thing with brock and red death

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

drrockso20 posted:

(same with Look Away in Return To Spider-Skull Island)

Fun fact: Look Away was composed and performed by one of the show's animation directors (Nick DeMayo)

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Fun fact: Look Away was composed and performed by one of the show's animation directors (Nick DeMayo)

The full version of that song is kind-of a tear-jerker, but still leaves hope for the future... which was Season 2. It very subtly hints at what the show had not-so-subtly been hinting at here and there throughout all of Season 1.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Literally downloaded that Nick DeMayo song back when downloading was a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

What size? I might be interested in buying it off you.