Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i want a symphogear granblue collab so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

And Honoka voiced Mezool in Kamen Rider OOO (most recently she also played Kale in Dragon Ball Super).
She also reprised her role as Tessa (along with Seki as Sagara) for the newest Full Metal Panic season. :3:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mepple and Nagisa also did some Gundam shows and Mipple and Honoka were in Inuyasha (as Kohaku and Kanna respectively).

Off the subject but PGSM had a few Kamen Rider alumni (or future alumni) in it's cast as well. Mamoru was Ibuki from Hibiki, Ami went on to play Kouta's sister in Gaim and Usagi had a few small roles on Wizard, Ex-Aid and Amazons. Also Artemis was voiced by Usopp (who apparently also played Inuyasha and L from Death Note).

Speaking of PGSM I would really like to see more of that one day (though you might have to recast everyone at this point as most of the actresses are probably too old to reasonably pull off playing middle school students).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 14, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Honestly, it'd be harder to find stuff that Tomakazu Seki HASN'T been in than stuff he's been in

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Neat tidbits! :)

I swear I read somewhere that Takeuchi liked tokusatsu shows so much that she wanted to include them as part of her manga, which is why the Sailor Scouts do all the fabulous posing (and maybe why the color-coding worked so well, idk?).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Honestly, it'd be harder to find stuff that Tomakazu Seki HASN'T been in than stuff he's been in
Like he's not as prolific as Takehito Koyasu or Toshiyuki Morikawa, but yeah: he's still fairly popular as a VA.

e: Also, he can still pull off the cute voice. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOCQfEcKas

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 14, 2018

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Candy is Pikachu

I died a few times when I realized it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ira (the first villain in DokiDoki) was played by Luffy/Krillin, Nami played Foop (one of the fairies in Splash Star) and Nico Robin was Ichika's mom in KiraKira

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I know nothing about Pcure, but since Aqours led to me playing GBF a ton, well, hey. This event is fun so far. Hammy, but fun.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
It's less a joke about character roles, but Mana's voice actor has the same reputation for collecting girlfriends as her character does.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Larryb posted:

Mepple and Nagisa also did some Gundam shows and Mipple and Honoka were in Inuyasha (as Kohaku and Kanna respectively).

Off the subject but PGSM had a few Kamen Rider alumni (or future alumni) in it's cast as well. Mamoru was Ibuki from Hibiki, Ami went on to play Kouta's sister in Gaim and Usagi had a few small roles on Wizard, Ex-Aid and Amazons. Also Artemis was voiced by Usopp (who apparently also played Inuyasha and L from Death Note).

Speaking of PGSM I would really like to see more of that one day (though you might have to recast everyone at this point as most of the actresses are probably too old to reasonably pull off playing middle school students).

You can't mention Precure and Kamen Rider without mentioning the best crossover, the fact that Nagisa's seiyuu had a bit part in Kamen Rider Black

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You can't mention Precure and Kamen Rider without mentioning the best crossover, the fact that Nagisa's seiyuu had a bit part in Kamen Rider Black

Huh, I never knew that actually. Who did she play?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
a little girl who was being menaced by monsters

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

a little girl who was being menaced by monsters

Ah, it's been a while since I saw Black. Do you happen to remember what episode that was?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
no idea, I've never seen Black

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Larryb posted:

Ah, it's been a while since I saw Black. Do you happen to remember what episode that was?

She was in Kamen Rider Black episode 32 and Black RX 9

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Oh god, SO MANY PRECURES.

And as many mascots to match!

And there will be even more next week.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Tarte is my favorite pre-Mofurun fairy.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Tarte’s good, Hummy’s perfect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Hummy isn’t a fairy she’s a normal cat

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Fair. I was going to point out that cats don’t talk, but I know better.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tarte is great but I'm also still a bit partial to Mepple as well. One of the things I liked about the original was that each girl was perfectly matched with their respective fairy and it was fun seeing him and Nagisa bounce off each other.

Also returning to voice actor chat, Hummy is voiced by Sailor Moon herself Mitsuishi Kotono.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 14, 2018

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Tarte is great but I also genuinely love Porun, I know a lot of people found him annoying but I loved how he always said GANBATTE-POPO and how he mellowed out after he got a taste of his own medicine (i.e. his sister)

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Porun’s a good boy. It’s everyone else’s fault for not playing with him. Asobou-popo.

Tarte saved two planets with a single donut, he’s very efficient.

Larryb posted:

Hummy is voiced by Sailor Moon.

i died again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Porun and Vyrn were a powerful team in the Granblue Fantasy crossover yes

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Honestly I think the cutest overall fairies are the Splash Star ones. Choppy and Flappy look so fluffy and Moop and Foop are just. Flying bean bags. Adorable. :kimchi:

(also the Kiryuus should come back and be made official Cures)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

i want sailor moon, also

Endorph posted:

i want a symphogear granblue collab so bad

These.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

Honestly I think the cutest overall fairies are the Splash Star ones. Choppy and Flappy look so fluffy and Moop and Foop are just. Flying bean bags. Adorable. :kimchi:

(also the Kiryuus should come back and be made official Cures)

Yeah, Splash Star was good too (they could have made the main characters look a little less like Nagisa and Honoka though).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
My top five fairies:

1) Tarte
2) Hummy
3) Lance
4) Ciel
5) Hariham Harry

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
am i the only one who isn't into sailor moon yet loves precure? (fresh being one of my favs).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fruity20 posted:

am i the only one who isn't into sailor moon yet loves precure? (fresh being one of my favs).
I love me some Sailor Moon (like, the joke from the first episode of Anime Crimes Division is not an exaggeration; I can sing the whole Sailor Moon OP almost from memory :sweatdrop:), but I honestly don't blame people for this type of opinion: As fantastic as the manga/some of the anime eps. can be and while it does, overall, hold up to age fairly well, it is starting to show its age as an early 90's magical girl franchise.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sailor Moon had its high points, but in 15 or so seasons Precure has never, ever made me feel like I was wasting my time the way early R and SuperS did.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool

Nodosaur posted:

My top five fairies:

1) Tarte
2) Hummy
3) Lance
4) Ciel
5) Hariham Harry

I have made a horrible blunder. Here is the proper list.

1+++, Perfect Queen of All) Mofurun
1) Tarte
2) Hummy
3) Lance
4) Ciel
5) Hariham Harry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

Sailor Moon had its high points, but in 15 or so seasons Precure has never, ever made me feel like I was wasting my time the way early R and SuperS did.

The 90's series still remains my personal favorite (with the live action show being a close second) but yeah, SuperS is dire until almost the very end (the manga version is a little better honestly but that's not saying a whole lot). Season 3 of Crystal is decent though and I honestly thought the manga had a better overall ending than the anime did.

Personally I like both but kind of prefer Precure a little more.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fruity20 posted:

Nah. As much as I like the characters, the fight scenes in sailor moon felt too simple most of the time (also I've been spoiled on more modern day precure, so it's even harder to go back to nowadays. The slice of life stuff still holds up fairly well though.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I like Sailor Moon but I like Precure more. Something about it is just more fun to me and it's more grounded, avoiding some of the weird stuff present in SM like "oh hey your daughter from the future is here and apparently you're competing with her for her dad's affections." :confused:

Also I'm kind of tired of all of Usagi's friends always taking the piss out of her. You know who saved your lives at the end of the series, right? Because it sure as hell wasn't the Sailor Starlights :colbert:

e: also Fresh being one of your faves is extremely valid, I'm always torn between whether that or FutariWa/Max Heart is my personal favorite. I would take a bullet for Cure Passion.

Pikestaff fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 15, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I like every series except HaCha. Not all equally, but they're all solid and enjoyable.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nagisa is still my personal favorite Cure (I like pinks who are kind of huge dorks, most of the time anyway) but I kind of have a soft spot for Akane from Smile as well (the series itself has it's problems and becomes really episodic once the main cast has been fully assembled but it's still decent overall).

One thing I like about the original series is that there's almost no filler, every episode connects directly to its predecessor in some fashion.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 15, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Pikestaff posted:

I like Sailor Moon but I like Precure more. Something about it is just more fun to me and it's more grounded, avoiding some of the weird stuff present in SM like "oh hey your daughter from the future is here and apparently you're competing with her for her dad's affections." :confused:

That always felt kinda weird and creepy to me. Why is ChibiUsa tryin to snuggle up to her own dad? If I remember right, she knows who her parents are so just eww.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Almost everything to do with Tuxedo Kamen is pretty much my huge issues with SM besides odd pacing issues. Character is just so problematic and bad in all versions even the Musicals that have him played by a girl