Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I like that Arquette is actually kind of getting into wrestling for real now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Bigass Moth posted:

I like that Arquette is actually kind of getting into wrestling for real now.

well his match with undertaker was like a def moty candidate

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
oh boy, tyrus!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no MJF or Marko Stunt, not an indie darling show.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Noted independent darling Edge

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
if PCO isn't wrestling David Arquette why does it even matter

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lid posted:

if PCO isn't wrestling David Arquette why does it even matter

They need to save that for Mania weekend.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Tons of MLW notes from the Observer site today.

Stokely Hathaway is back and will be managing a top heel and working behind the scenes

Ace Romero debuts on their show in Chicago

Rafael Morfii, a promoter who has worked for a number of groups including WWE & TNA, is working with the promotion

Sammy Guevara will be Rush's debut opponent

They will have another special on Bein Sports on 10/26 built around Halloween and the spin the wheel match they taped in New York

Tommy Dreamer is in as an agent

Konnan is the head agent and running the locker room.

They are talking to Bestia 666

Puma King is now a regular

Jason Cade will be getting more of a push

They are scheduling a major event on 2/2

They have interest in Mance Warner

They are still working on bringing in Walter, who they've wanted for some time.

MLW keeps bringing all the top indie free agents. Anybody remember when last month people were claiming everybody from all over would be reporting to NXT in the new year and that WrestleMania week had more promotions running than there would be wrestlers available? LOL! About as real as reports as Impact being for sale again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1051650039733469185

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1051650041398616064

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1051626314158022656

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lots of those MLW notes have already come up as part of their weekly show, but some new stuff in there. Not familiar with Bestia 666 at all but I really love how lucha-heavy the promotion is. Kind of gives me ECW memories of the Rey/Juvy/Psicosis era exposing lucha libre to a new audience.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm really interested in going to that Chicago mlw show, seeing acey baby live definitely helps.

I know it's said a lot but a guy that big shouldn't be able to move that fast.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

shiksa posted:

I'm really interested in going to that Chicago mlw show, seeing acey baby live definitely helps.

I know it's said a lot but a guy that big shouldn't be able to move that fast.
He's the ur example of how some people are just good athletes and some people just aren't.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ace works chicago every month, also he's greener than his push rn

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Hijo de LA Park any good? His match with Yuta from War Games was kind of a stinker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Is Hijo de LA Park any good? His match with Yuta from War Games was kind of a stinker.

He's pretty good. He's a less charismatic and slightly less coordinated version of his dad when he was younger. When he's in there with really good guys he's great, especially when it involves wild sequences and dives. Yuta is pretty good but I can see them not meshing.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Phenix Rising posted:

He worked with Sammy Guevarra in NYC and it was good. Sammy was the star, Hijo de Park didn't look bad at all.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't Yuta pretty green?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yuta isn't as experienced, but also I don't think he's wrestled real lucha before and Hijo Park is trained only in that and spots. Hijo Park needs a good base or multiple people and he's fine for big spots. Him and his dad vs Lucha bros should be good whenever it happens.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

Tons of MLW notes from the Observer site today.

Stokely Hathaway is back and will be managing a top heel and working behind the scenes

Ace Romero debuts on their show in Chicago

Rafael Morfii, a promoter who has worked for a number of groups including WWE & TNA, is working with the promotion

Sammy Guevara will be Rush's debut opponent

They will have another special on Bein Sports on 10/26 built around Halloween and the spin the wheel match they taped in New York

Tommy Dreamer is in as an agent

Konnan is the head agent and running the locker room.

They are talking to Bestia 666

Puma King is now a regular

Jason Cade will be getting more of a push

They are scheduling a major event on 2/2

They have interest in Mance Warner

They are still working on bringing in Walter, who they've wanted for some time.

MLW keeps bringing all the top indie free agents. Anybody remember when last month people were claiming everybody from all over would be reporting to NXT in the new year and that WrestleMania week had more promotions running than there would be wrestlers available? LOL! About as real as reports as Impact being for sale again.

This answers my question from the other thread. You ok buddy?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just watching botchmania and seeing the venue get mad at Callahan breaking chairs because he was throwing them at Jimmy Jacobs...and Sami not caring...is Sami a part owner of AAW that he's allowed to act like that?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Just watching botchmania and seeing the venue get mad at Callahan breaking chairs because he was throwing them at Jimmy Jacobs...and Sami not caring...is Sami a part owner of AAW that he's allowed to act like that?

he's got pull there and in czw i think?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sami's whole thing is trying REALLY hard to give an air of "Don't give a gently caress and I'm unpredictable". He'd like very much to be Mick Foley.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kind of kills the character if he’s like sorry ill be more careful. anyway supposedly security flashed a gun at him but it was all fine a few weeks later

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I saw Flamita for the first time at the weekend and he was real good imo, even though it was a little show and he probably didn’t go close to all-out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

This answers my question from the other thread. You ok buddy?

Roque11 is some kind of predictive text bot they let post because its brilliant art.

And shoutout to Acey Babey gettin a MLW spot. He's really green but the match series he had with Sami Callihan was really great(esp at a time when Sami was leaning heavily into that IM A DANGEROUS MAN poo poo).

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 15, 2018

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
52? Wasn't he on 8 like three years ago? My man might as well get a belt and stop pretending it's a rare special event

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sami's whole thing is trying REALLY hard to give an air of "Don't give a gently caress and I'm unpredictable". He'd like very much to be Mick Foley.

I really hate it. Sami loving sucks and somehow gets the triple h treatment on the indies. He was just the first man in Impact to pin Brian Cage clean. His pacing sucks dick, he's small, he's got no cool moves, he gasses out, he hurts people, he isn't over or a draw anywhere, and yet he goes over people constantly and leads factions

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Can we talk about how Yuta is supposed to be a babyface and yet comes out billed from Silicon Valley and looking like a total tech bro with tech bro music?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm tired of watching indie matches and seeing Sami pop up like road warrior hawk after every group bump

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

kind of kills the character if he’s like sorry ill be more careful. anyway supposedly security flashed a gun at him but it was all fine a few weeks later

He didn't mind breaking character to sell merch right next to Brody at a Bourbon show. Hopefully Logan isn't too pissed because that's the best AAW venue and they should run it all of the time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your Parents posted:

I'm tired of watching indie matches and seeing Sami pop up like road warrior hawk after every group bump

if you've ever talked at length with Sami in person, you'd realize this is exactly how that dude lives his life. He'd stand on two broken legs just to spite someone.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He didn't mind breaking character to sell merch right next to Brody at a Bourbon show. Hopefully Logan isn't too pissed because that's the best AAW venue and they should run it all of the time.

I think I read that they had cleared up the mess and should be fine at this point.

I'm not a Callihan defender or supporter in any form, but I don't think anybody other than like... Colt Cabana or ACH could have had a reaction of "Oh, sorry! I'll put these chairs back!" and still have been over. If you're a heel (or whatever he is) and having some crazy fight, and the venue owner gets on the mic like a mad parent to yell at you I don't see how you DON'T tell them to gently caress off and keep having the match and try to work it out later. I don't know. Everyone is dumb.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sounds like I really need to watch this Botchamania.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shout out to Trevor Lee for saving the night after that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sami is a huge douche. I don’t know much about the Crist’s but they were sitting with the fans before the Naito Revolver show I went to in Dayton and they both seemed like nice people.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Thumbs up thumbs down is a very bad taunt.

This has been, "my opinion."

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sami is a huge douche. I don’t know much about the Crist’s but they were sitting with the fans before the Naito Revolver show I went to in Dayton and they both seemed like nice people.

They have goofy looks but they seem cool

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Explosions posted:

Ugh, yes. I hate it so much.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Explosions posted:

Very much agreed, especially if he does it a dozen times per match.

Plus, all his constant spitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You that time before NJPW where the Bucks were everywhere and people were getting tired of their stuff because of over exposure? that's Sami's stuff x 100.