Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it's just a logical inference. Rebecca already wears like 10 hats at DE so getting her out of voice work so professional voice actors can do it is probably a plausible direction for them to go in

For a traditional studio and game dev cycle maybe, but DE I don't think so. They have their own VA recording setup and mocap booth and work pretty close to the edge on finishing a feature and shipping it immediately and then iterating it later. From what I've read, they've locked the VA like the day before shipping a quest more than once, and you have to do that kind of thing in-house.
I mean maybe she in particular might get out but DE employees are always going to be closely involved in voice and mocap because of how they work as a studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

does it do the same thing in different slots?

After playing around with it (and looking up on the official forums), what seems to happen is that when you get into the extra levels, it visibly gives you the fully powered capacity, and lets you slot the mods in, but 'under the hood' if you exceed the true mod capacity for the weapon's level, it will start dropping mods as required in order to make everything legal. So as it stands, fitting in an unranked fury would work (or any 4-capacity mod), but anything more expensive than that will kill the effect of whatever is in the first slot. Fully enhancing the weapon solves this problem.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a strange concept for a weapon

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

broken rear end weapon from a broken rear end man

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Normal brain: equipping one dragon key and going in a squad to the Orokin derelict.

Big brain: equipping three dragon keys and soloing an Orokin derelict.

Galaxy brain: forgetting to unequip the dragon keys you didn't use and wondering why your frames are getting squished in normal Onslaught.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Rorac posted:

His 4 is just a wide area, decent damage long duration crowd control that goes through terrain.

I think you're doing a disservice by describing Volt's 4 this way. It can be modded so it nukes massive areas full of enemies and is why he's one of the best murderframes for Onslaught. If there's a Trinity to feed him energy no one else even has to do anything aside from finish off the occasional Nox.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rorac posted:

His 4 is just a wide area, decent damage long duration crowd control that goes through terrain.

Yes, general populace, please keep thinking that, keep it secret keep it safe.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Have DE said anything about fixing Onslaught? It's really frustrating to have powers just randomly stop and start working again for no discernible reason. I've had a run where both Volts' 4s completely stopped hitting enemies and a couple of runs where Trinity"s overshield would disappear the instant I got hit with anything causing me to get knocked constantly. The weird thing is the overshield worked fine for everyone else but me.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
How much range and power strength is good for a nuke volt? I have 220% range at the moment but only around 145% power strength due to getting the range that high.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dravs posted:

How much range and power strength is good for a nuke volt? I have 220% range at the moment but only around 145% power strength due to getting the range that high.

I used this build as a guide. It has 235% range and 219% power strength. It's a Volt Prime build so it'll take you an extra Forma if you're trying to use it for regular Volt but it should still be fine since the Prime version just has more energy and armor.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 15, 2018

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Thanks, my build is pretty similar to that, except i'm missing Blind Rage. I need to do some vault runs to finish off those mods.

Edit: Although I don't have Primed Flow either, so I probably wouldn't put it in until I can get that anyway, otherwise my energy pool won't be big enough to offset the tanked efficiency.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Is there a good source of info out there that gives a brief, simple explanation of what all the weapons and frames actually do? "Wukong is a deadly trickster" doesn't really tell me much that's useful, game.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Just downloaded this and giving it a go - can i get invite to clan please? Ign = aejix

Thanks

Vvvv oops sorry somehow missed that

aejix fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 15, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Use the link in the OP, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W2vcOGaADJ-wE2MzgxzBV2AaXi0uiJnPUriY85fi2XU/viewform?pref=2&pli=1 It's probably faster than checking the thread.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gort posted:

Is there a good source of info out there that gives a brief, simple explanation of what all the weapons and frames actually do? "Wukong is a deadly trickster" doesn't really tell me much that's useful, game.

well the game forces you to play each weapon and frame to 30, you probably will get to know what they do while playing

and the MR system and starchart location of grinding spots funnel you into, for example, finding the Hek early, so you know it's all downhill from there

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Gort posted:

Ash - sneaky guy who can murder the hell out of everything with the right mods but kind of a worse loki without without them

Atlas - one punch man

Banshee - screams so loud everything dies. everything

Chroma - takes a lot of investment but eventually you do 10x damage

Ember - burns things. good at easily clearing weak stuff mainly

Equinox - makes the whole map evaporate by pressing one button over and over

Excalibur - can blind a wide area, has a cool laser sword like link when you have all the hearts, all around good frame for killing things

Frost - great for defense, great for offense, can make a bubble nothing can shoot through, can freeze stuff, tanky as hell, what's not to like

Gara - i don't have gara but apparently super good at offense and defense both

Harrow - a weird thing where you juggle your abilities to do a lot of damage or something. apparently a great gun platform, another one i don't use much

Hydroid - he makes tentacles and the tentacles make more loot. more loot is good

Inaros - he can never die and ignores status with a mod and can blind things. loving overpowered rear end in a top hat you bring when nothing else works

Ivara - really cool bow stuff, fun utility abilities, good sneaker

Khora - does a shitload of damage and can have TWO space cats at the same time

Limbo - we don't talk about limbo

Loki - best at being invisible forever, removing enemy's weapons and switch teleporting afk people into funny places

Mag - i don't know a good nuker now i guess don't play her

Mesa - the frame you want if you want everything dead

Mirage - the frame you want if you have a gun that makes a lot of bright particles and you want everyone blind

Nekros - chops up bodies and turns the pieces into more loot. more loot is good

Nezha - goes really fast, does good aoe damage and crowd control, tanky. nezha a slippery boy

Nidus - can never die, makes cool tentacle balls that group up huge areas worth of enemies, all around useful guy

Nova - always good to have in any situation, can make enemies faster or slower and take a lot more damage

Nyx - good at making entire rooms stop hurting anyone but dead is the best status so not as useful in the modern everyone is overpowered as poo poo era

Oberon - kind of a lovely trinity but fun and has some neat offensive builds

Octavia - makes everything better with the power of music. really powerful frame

Revenant - sucks

Rhino - want to never die and make your whole group hit harder? be rhino

Saryn - want everything on the whole map to die while you press a few buttons? be saryn

Titania - turns into an archwing in regular play. i don't use her much but apparently flying around killing things is extremely fun and effective

Trinity - nobody dies, nobody runs out of energy, life is good

Valkyr - RIP AND TEAR

Vauban - used to be insanely good and is now only still very good. crowd control abilities to lock down chokepoints and make enemies easy to kill

Volt - stuns and a powerful shield that buffs damage when you shoot through it, especially crit weapons

Wukong - sucks

Zephyr - amazing on the plains for mobility, at least until recently when they made the archwing launcher infinite use. still very powerful, has a defensive ability that makes her nearly invincible and powerful cc

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Mimesweeper posted:

Harrow - a weird thing where you juggle your abilities to do a lot of damage or something. apparently a great gun platform, another one i don't use much

Harrow is the gunframe.
He's arguably the most difficult frame to play in the game but if played right you will get massive amounts of shield, healing, reload speed, fire rate and crit bonuses and when Harrow kills stuff his teammates will get huge crit bonuses, constant healing, invincibility and infinite energy.

Except none of that matters because your team will constantly be kill stealing from you, not letting you do any of that poo poo.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The fact that Wukong can slot like 3 mods to be basically immortal and still not be considered worth bothering with says a lot about this game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Mimesweeper posted:

Wukong - sucks

I will fight you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wukong's perfectly adequate but he's not fun in any way. other tanky frames can do all sorts of flashy poo poo on top of being tanky.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I read the Lore background and I just finished "the war within" and honestly I don't know what the hell is the story in this game. Maybe I just need it spoon fed to me more. Am I missing some in game thing that explains more or something?
I'll probably get corrected and argued with a lot, but here's what I think:

We are way, way into humanity's future. Like so far off into the future that humanity is splintered into different races.

There used to be the Orokin, who are for the most part dead and only remnants remain. They were a glorious race of bioengineers who lorded it over normal humans, but they all dead now.

The grineer are a race of clones who have been cloning themselves for so long their bodies are breaking down like a copy of a copy of a copy of a frequently watched vhs tape. It's gotten so bad that their armour is an important part of their structural integrity. Originally they were bred as a mindless slave race by the Orokin. They rebelled, and now, they are a military-industrial complex who destroyed earth with pollution.

There's the corpus, which is what would happen if a bunch of future dudes found The Art of the Deal and started worshipping it as a religious text. They are a guild of merchants who look mostly human underneath the space suits and silly hats, and use robits to augment their military presence. With their lasers and robits, they are more classically sci-fi.

These two races rose up after the fall of the Orokin, and have been fighting for power for millennia, I guess nearly a thousand years. The only thing stopping either of them from winning is the occasional outbreak of the infestation, a virus which hardcore mutates both technology and biology into HR Giger paintings.

This is where you wake up. A remnant of the old war, one of the Orokin's bioweapons. Vor wants to steal you, so the Lotus wakes you up (along, presumably with the other tenno) to try and fix the state of perpetual war the galaxy is in.

Natah: Weird lights coming from Uranus. On investigating you find out they are sentients, a race of robits the Orokin sent off to the Tau system looong ago to terraform it for them. But the sentients decided (and I can't say I disagree entirely) that the Orokin would only gently caress up this new paradise with their decadence, so they turned on their creators.

I am absolutely 100% unclear on the next bit, but it seems the Orokin built a failsafe into the sentients so that they cannot stand exposure to the void between galaxies. Two sentients, Hunhow and Natah crossed back but the passage rendered them sterile and unable to reproduce. I think they led a revolt using the sentients that were still in our system as an army (otherwise the whole 'can't reproduce' thing makes no sense).

Somehow, Natah managed to infiltrate the Orokin eschelon as Margulis, the Orokin who discovered the Tenno. Her sterility gave her a mommy complex, so she became the Lotus.

This is the Old War the Tenno were (kind of accidentally) created for. The Orokin were barely holding their own with their Dax soldiers, and the Warframes really turned the tide against the sentients, eventually wiping them out (except Hunhow, who hid deep in Uranus).

Second Dream:

:siren: DO NOT SPOIL THIS FOR YOURSELF IT IS THE BEST MOMENT IN THE GAME AND IT PROPERLY MADE ME CRY AND HAVE AN IDENTITY CRISIS :siren:

o poo poo, it me

Hunhow employs the stalker to kill the tenno, promising to give him a way of killing them for realsies. The stalker agrees because he is super mad at the tenno for killing the Orokin. Did I mention that? After winning the Old War against the sentients, the tenno were invited to meet the Orokin council, at which point they murderded them all, the rekays got locked, the grineer rebelled in the chaos and the empire collapsed.

Anywsy. The Lotus gets you to chase down the vulnerability the stalker is hunting, which leads you to Lua. The moon. The friggin moon. Which Lotus hid in the void so that the sentients couldn't touch the reservoir, a place that is very important to the Tenno.

The reason it's important is because it's you. You be the anime teenager what controls the frame, aka the operator. See, the tenno were kids on a ship called the Zariman 10-0 which went into the void. There was an accident and they were exposed to the energies of the void. The adults all went mad. The kids got abilities some would consider... Unnatural.

The timeline is somewhat unclear, but when they got back, Margulis encountered them and was accidentally blinded. She took pity on them and put them to sleep so that they could dream and not suffer. Then at some point they discovered that they could control the Warframes in this sleep state, which was awesome. Margulis was executed by the Orokin, which was not so awesome and is the reason the tenno killed the Orokin council.

Lotus pulls the moon back into real space, we defeat the stalker, and take our body back to the orbiter and get two new rooms to fill with Ayatans.

War Within: In which the Orokin are revealed to be absolute shits. Child stealing shits. They had a whole process called transferrence, by which they would live forever by drilling their consciousness into younger bodies. They had a whole meat-market set up on Lua to do it.

Turns out the Grineer Queens are Orokin who have stayed alive by hopping through gross clone bodies over the centuries. They decide they want your real tenno body, but in the process of trying to steal it, accidentally teach you how to physically transfer your body instead of just lazer projecting.

The Sacrifice: Clarifies a minor argument about the nature of frames & tenno. Ballas created the frames as an experiment with a new strain of the technocyte virus. Unfortunately they were mad or difficult to control, probably (at least in Umbra's case) because Ballas was such a dick about it.

Rhino Prime's lore reveals that the Tenno were able to control Ballas' frames, and the quest reveals how. It also reveals that frames can resist, which is why the stalker / Umbra frames are seperate things not controlled by tenno.

I mean there's more. There's a lot more. My Name is BYF did a set of 3 really good lore videos, but if you haven't done Second Dream / War Within they are peppered with spoilers.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

But we don't have the perspective of non-Orokin on the pre-war era so those haughty pricks are the only thing we know about that era and said pricks obviously aren't particularly relateable. We only really know anything about the top caste and their bodyguards, and then virtually nothing until we get to the clone caste and even there information is scarce.

Hopefully we get more context when that Venus landscape is released because for the reason you implied Corpus debt slaves are probably the most "like us" kinds of people you'd find in the game.

the Sands of Inaros questline has a bit of perspective from outside the Orokin

theyre terrifying golden men from the sky that steal children

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nalesh posted:

Yes, general populace, please keep thinking that, keep it secret keep it safe.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Dp3l4HdcQ

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mimesweeper posted:

Zephyr - amazing on the plains for mobility, at least until recently when they made the archwing launcher infinite use.

Wait, what now? It was all charges when I left

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Don't worry, duration zephyr is faster than archwings anyway :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Devor posted:

It was part of the big update last Friday.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Devor posted:

Yeah, this patch just changed it. Bind a key to your gear slot and have fun leaping off the side of a mountain and instantly transforming to archwing mode.

It feels proper good now as a travel method. None of that dumb waiting for the calldown.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
any goon clans I join? (in game username is ewolf20).

Avynte posted:

Yeah, this patch just changed it. Bind a key to your gear slot and have fun leaping off the side of a mountain and instantly transforming to archwing mode.

It feels proper good now as a travel method. None of that dumb waiting for the calldown.

is that good or bad? i never played as zephyr so just curious.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Zephyr can do some fun stuff with the turbulence augment that makes projectile weapons go farther and faster. It lets her use some guns in interesting ways, and by having turbulence up you don't gotta worry about being shot at.

Your fragile little bird bones will splinter the moment that something walks up and actually smacks you though, so don't let that happen.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
anybody else use Zephyr with agile pose? it just feels so natural

and crowey (?)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GenericOverusedName posted:

Zephyr can do some fun stuff with the turbulence augment that makes projectile weapons go farther and faster. It lets her use some guns in interesting ways, and by having turbulence up you don't gotta worry about being shot at.

Your fragile little bird bones will splinter the moment that something walks up and actually smacks you though, so don't let that happen.

tbf zephyr has 1050 hp with just vitality so it's not too big a deal unless you dump health (never dump health)

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Truga posted:

Don't worry, duration zephyr is faster than archwings anyway :v:

This is absolutely false.

Itzal with a speed mod easily goes faster than Zephyr, and Itzal with a few mods can also blink across the entire plains almost instantly.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

There's really no contest of speed when put up against a formaed itzal, yeah.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Regrettable posted:

Have DE said anything about fixing Onslaught? It's really frustrating to have powers just randomly stop and start working again for no discernible reason. I've had a run where both Volts' 4s completely stopped hitting enemies and a couple of runs where Trinity"s overshield would disappear the instant I got hit with anything causing me to get knocked constantly. The weird thing is the overshield worked fine for everyone else but me.

I have never encountered what you’re describing unless it’s the normal onslaught behavior and you’re describing it weirdly. They very specifically tell you when and why your abilities are getting disabled and it’s working as intended. Is it since the patch or a longer standing behavior?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
In light of this new Archwing change, what other mind-blowing quality of life or similar discoveries have people had?

My big one was someone recommended mapping 'slide' from the default Ctrl (awkward carpel tunnel) to the side-mouse button, and it's changed my ninja-flipping life

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Raptor1033 posted:

I have never encountered what you’re describing unless it’s the normal onslaught behavior and you’re describing it weirdly. They very specifically tell you when and why your abilities are getting disabled and it’s working as intended. Is it since the patch or a longer standing behavior?

It's since the patch. It has nothing to do with Discharge being able to cast, but the cast itself just doesn't seem to do anything. I've watched Volts in EOS cast Discharge, the electrical ring spread and do its thing, and... nothing. Mobs don't get stunned, don't shock each other, nada.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I was running with ElegantFugue over the weekend and he was having the same problem. No idea. My Mesa works just fine, though. :getin:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Devor posted:

In light of this new Archwing change, what other mind-blowing quality of life or similar discoveries have people had?

My big one was someone recommended mapping 'slide' from the default Ctrl (awkward carpel tunnel) to the side-mouse button, and it's changed my ninja-flipping life

I moved my crouch to the “F” key for similar reasons. I also use toggle crouch instead of press-to-hold as I’ve gotten more consistent bullet jumps that way.

A while back I put melee on my mouse wheel scroll and that helps a lot with Chromatic Blade/any berserker melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Putting Crouch on a side mouse button is the first thing you should do in this game.