Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

The main issue I have with voting IS though is this:

If scum all withheld because of the coming bard action why did toal die?

Kit flipped with Ninja as her final class. Look at the flip again.

CapitalistPig posted:

Toalpaz - Syndony - Scum aligned godfather was sliced up on night 6!

Their unlocked jobs were Squire, Knight, Monk, Lancer. All known.

Kitiara - Gregory - Town aligned was punched to death on night 6!

Her unlocked jobs were Squire(known), Archer(known),Thief, Ninja

Thief - can steal an item from another player at night

Ninja - 1 shot ninja vig/kill

Who knows who her target actually was, but she probably hit Toal, who had PGO, which killed her. None of this relies on Toal doing anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm down for the IS vote. Just holding off to allow more from our quieter folks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool cool, thanks kb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Kit flipped with Ninja as her final class. Look at the flip again.

Who knows who her target actually was, but she probably hit Toal, who had PGO, which killed her. None of this relies on Toal doing anything at all.

I agree with KB's assessment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I said I was going to look through thread, but it turned out it was super big and my other game's day was ending so I didn't do a good job.

All I can say is that for now I'm ##unvote -ing CS because my original thing was I thought there was a role slip, leading to 3rd party slip, but I was wrong. I'm honestly not sure about the scum read so I don't want to leave a vote there.

I think another person trying to slip under the radar is Chaoslord, I don't know if it's just busyness or something else but if you hit a roadblock lynching low effort lurkers is a decent guess.

Speaking towards the discussion between YPM and Gaspy, I'm not sure why Gaspy decided Hal's vote was opportunistic compared to the other people sniping gaspy but digging your heels in is good sometimes.

Early D2 was kindof low content beyond people shooting people.

Anyways monday nights I have a game night with friends irl. I'll be around with my phone to read and revote but I can't offer much in terms of massive quote posts and research, sorry! I'll probably be reading though.

Hmmmmmm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Of the remaining players excluding IS, my voting preference is roughly

Hal
flerp
Asiina
KB
me
Keane

Hal and Keane are obvious (case on the former, stated result on the latter), and I feel like I am pretty good at reading KB and think he is town so I put him in the next real slot above Keane. I put asiina as more town than flerp mostly stemming from "She has a jillion posts and the only person that I can remember really casing her as possible scum is Hal". Also, I can't read flerp.

[spoiler]I jokingly put myself in front of keane because I have been extremely useless this game and a basically confirmed town Keane (he is only scum if it's a KB+Keane scum team or if there were two godfathers) is better for the game than myself would be[/b]

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

whoops I messed that tag up huh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool well I'll vote in the morning, then

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I have had a long weekend of travel and getting poo poo in order after being gone for weeks. I will be around all morning and day tomorrow though.

I still want to know why Chaoslord would use some sort of doc power on me, the guy he cased at deadline yesterday and seems to still be his number one scumpick.

I've yet to be right about much this game but I feel better about both Asiina and KB at this point, probably most suspicious of CL for reasons I can explain better tomorrow, and IS and still flerp possibly.

Hopefully after some sleep I will get a better read, I am just second guessing myself all over the place right now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry I have had a long weekend of travel and getting poo poo in order after being gone for weeks. I will be around all morning and day tomorrow though.

I still want to know why Chaoslord would use some sort of doc power on me, the guy he cased at deadline yesterday and seems to still be his number one scumpick.

I've yet to be right about much this game but I feel better about both Asiina and KB at this point, probably most suspicious of CL for reasons I can explain better tomorrow, and IS and still flerp possibly.

Hopefully after some sleep I will get a better read, I am just second guessing myself all over the place right now

Summoner abilities are random.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Wasn't me.

Summoner is basically "Pick a target and get a random summon! Maybe it doesnt need a target after all. Also it could be good or bad. Good luck :shrug:"

Here it is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let's level with each other, Hal.

Are you figuring IS is done for today and are trying to set up Chaos as the execution for tomorrow? I get it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

World's a lot more boring when I can't even yell at scum, smh smh.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the game just ground to a halt.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How are you, Keane?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

How are you, Keane?

I'm alright.

Asiina are you an unlucky cultist, just for the record?

I don't care I want to see if I pegged it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Let's level with each other, Hal.

Are you figuring IS is done for today and are trying to set up Chaos as the execution for tomorrow? I get it.

Nah, if I were scum I almost certainly would have shot one of the two lurking town on the two days I had the chance to and not waited around for the gun to inevitably get stolen from me.

I didn't understand how the summon thing worked, that makes a lot more sense and makes me less suspicious of CL I guess. Although him pushing the fact that he is sure he docced me and this complex theory that I tried to kill a PGO and saved by him seems like trying very hard to make a narrative to fit a predetermined conclusion. Also it obviously ignores that everyone was redirected and he is very unlikely to have actually had an action work on me if I was the one he targeted.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm alright.

Asiina are you an unlucky cultist, just for the record?

I don't care I want to see if I pegged it.

Nah, tis not I.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Well if Hal is going to be around this morning I’ll wait so he can post and will vote at lunch around 1130ish central.

Hal what changed about asiina and kb?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess it is a bad spot for me that I have a night action that can't be verified but all I can do is try to steal or wait for someone to do something to me so my geomancer power passively goes off so not much I can do about that.

Again, if I were scum not only would I have killed a lurker I would think I would go for the ninja job since that sounds way more like something that would give me yet another extra kill.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Well if Hal is going to be around this morning I’ll wait so he can post and will vote at lunch around 1130ish central.

Hal what changed about asiina and kb?

I've just lost confidence this game in my reads and Asiina at least has seemed townie in the way she has posted today but I really need to re-evaluate everyone alive because I have never even really had an opinion on people like Keane or IS all game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess it is a bad spot for me that I have a night action that can't be verified but all I can do is try to steal or wait for someone to do something to me so my geomancer power passively goes off so not much I can do about that.

Again, if I were scum not only would I have killed a lurker I would think I would go for the ninja job since that sounds way more like something that would give me yet another extra kill.

Oh word?

So is IS scum Bard with scum holding actions, or is IS town that just made stuff bonkers, including having scum get real unlucky?

If IS is town, what happened to the scum kills? Is flerp scum? Is KB? Did Chaos just get real lucky with his doc?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Although him pushing the fact that he is sure he docced me and this complex theory that I tried to kill a PGO and saved by him seems like trying very hard to make a narrative to fit a predetermined conclusion. Also it obviously ignores that everyone was redirected and he is very unlikely to have actually had an action work on me if I was the one he targeted.

Yeah it was a pretty terrible theory, not one of my better moments for sure. Had I thought about it critically for more than a second I would have figured that out, much like the toalpaz thing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also wait a minute, Hal is claiming Geomancers have a PGO like ability right, and Chaos is claiming to have targetted him with an ability; Chaos why did you target Hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Oh word?

So is IS scum Bard with scum holding actions, or is IS town that just made stuff bonkers, including having scum get real unlucky?

If IS is town, what happened to the scum kills? Is flerp scum? Is KB? Did Chaos just get real lucky with his doc?

:iiam:

Give me a bit to get my day started and I will make some uneducated and probably wrong guesses about your questions

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

flerp posted:

yeah ill fullclaim

my route was squire -> archer -> thief -> geomancer

squire, one-shot give a gun, gave it to bif n1
archer, one-shot watch, used it on KB n3, only saw myself visit
thief, steal a physical item, not a one-shot, used it on hal n5
geomancer, basically a PGO but instead of killing, the first person who targets me gets hit by a random effect, no idea what those random effects are, one-shot.

Didn't we math out that Asiina targetted Flerp?

Flerp your power go off?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Also wait a minute, Hal is claiming Geomancers have a PGO like ability right, and Chaos is claiming to have targetted him with an ability; Chaos why did you target Hal?

Had the choice between summoner and roleblock, as I thought about it the language that it may not need a target meant there was the possibility of something global (like a global doc I hoped) and thought it was worth the gamble of something good happening to Hal to have either something bad happen to him or maybe something good happen for the whole game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Had the choice between summoner and roleblock, as I thought about it the language that it may not need a target meant there was the possibility of something global (like a global doc I hoped) and thought it was worth the gamble of something good happening to Hal to have either something bad happen to him or maybe something good happen for the whole game

You did this knowing you'd get hit by his PGO power?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also LMAO IS has to be scum, because slapping around a Nexus when there are three PGO like abilities claimed in the game is pretty wild.

Pretty Buck Wild.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

You did this knowing you'd get hit by his PGO power?

His power explicitly doesn’t kill so it was worth the risk when maybe one of mine could maybe kill him or do something good like a global doc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Okay so everything got shuffled around.

Claimed actions:
Asiina - roleblock
CCKeane - Some sort of super track?
chaoslord - Summon (Doc)
flerp - Bag
Hal Incandenza - Steal
IllegallySober - Sing
King Burgundy - Bodyguard

Claimed results:
Asiina - Success
CCKeane - knows someone tried to kill him who is a toad
chaoslord - Success?
flerp - Roleblocked
Hal Incandenza - Success
IllegallySober - Obviously success
King Burgundy - Toaded, PGO went off

Okay so trying to match these up, it looks like my roleblock went to flerp, Keane went to KB, IS obviously moved everyone around.

CL and Hal's actions can't be confirmed. There's also a missing toad and maybe a kill.

Am I missing anything?

Alright so verifiable:

I toaded KB
IS used Nexus
KB is a big ole toad

Unverifiable:
Asiina used a roleblock
Flerp was roleblocks
Chaos used doc
Hal tried to steal from flerp

So if Asiina roleblocked flerp, she should have something happen to her, or else flerp is lying about being a Geomancer, right?

Hal, same question I asked Chaos. Flerp claimed a Geomancer, why would you risk stealing from him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Same path, gave my gun to asiina N1, watched cubical N3 and ASF and Rex visited, haven't stolen anything yet because I tried using my bag on Rex. Someone stole my bag and my lurker gun last night

Here is Hal acknowledging that Flerp is on the same path.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I got no result other than I successfully roleblocked my target. So if something happened to me, then I wasn't informed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so, my geomancer shouldve gone off, but because of mod error, didnt. i still have my charge of geomancer.

also sorry i havent been able to post weekend was too much

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I got no result other than I successfully roleblocked my target. So if something happened to me, then I wasn't informed.

Flerp what's up with this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

flerp posted:

so, my geomancer shouldve gone off, but because of mod error, didnt. i still have my charge of geomancer.

Hmmm hmmmm and your bag?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no clue :shrug:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

flerp posted:

no clue :shrug:

Pretty wild! So you could try to use your bag and just get told "what bag?"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

Hmmmm I did not get a mod error notice, but does that mean that it was my steal that should have caused it? Or was some other action redirected at you? I guess from the claims the only other unaccounted action was chaoslord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmmm I did not get a mod error notice, but does that mean that it was my steal that should have caused it? Or was some other action redirected at you? I guess from the claims the only other unaccounted action was chaoslord?

Asiina likely was redirected to block flerp.

• Locked thread