Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's not over yet

I BELIEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
What a bullshit move

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Unfortunately, it was really hard to not guess that the fight will end up this way. I really hoped for a surprise, but alas not this time. :sigh:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Magissima posted:

What a bullshit move

Also the kind of defensive move that doesn't fit into the rest of Rei's speedy assassin style at all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's going to die next fight ftw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

blizzardvizard posted:

It's not over yet

I BELIEVE

This, Saw is gonna get up in the next chapter and kick Rei's rear end.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

reis skull is gonna crack open and hes going to die

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Zerilan posted:

Also the kind of defensive move that doesn't fit into the rest of Rei's speedy assassin style at all.

This.

Also, is anyone else curious as to how the Village of the Dawn got involved with the Kengan Association to begin with? Compared to not-Panasonic, not-Kinokuniya, and not-McDonalds, the Bumfuck, Kyushu Kiwanis Club seems a bit out of place, unless it's another shell corporation like Rihito Inc.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

end of fight wasn't called so it doesn't count

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shell company but for the power plant scar guy's faction I guess.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I believe Saw Paing has one more Hammer of Burma left in him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's weird because the Village of the Dawn is a Kengan associate presumably for some time, they didn't just get their membership since they didn't have to get on the SS. Annihilation in the beginning meaning they had some status already. I'm really not sure how a village based on Auroville got involved in underground fighting but apparently they had influence.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Assuming this fight is decided, I don't expect Rei makes it any further than this. If Setsuna wins next match then he probably wins right side bracket to face ohma in finals. If Gensai wins he's already been mentioned as an assassin whose style is better suited than Rei's for winning a straight up fight.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
post the real chapter guys, not htis fake gay poo poo

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
This is Toyo Electric out of the tournament entirely, right? Wonder what else he has planned.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

The spirit of Fishing Industry Grandpa needed avenging, but not like this. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind huh :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everything about gensai screams jobber (lol)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is Toyo Electric out of the tournament entirely, right? Wonder what else he has planned.

Toyo had a mystery person along with Julius passing round 1. I assumed it was Akoya until it turned out that he's insane in a way that makes him unsuitable. The other fighters don't fit so I'm thinking it's Cosmo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gensai is the old but not ancient martial arts master who is privy to the secret of whatever Niko's deal was.

He'll make it to the semi-finals at least.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Toyo had a mystery person along with Julius passing round 1. I assumed it was Akoya until it turned out that he's insane in a way that makes him unsuitable. The other fighters don't fit so I'm thinking it's Cosmo.

Their mystery person was Saw since they only had Ren, Julius, Meguro, Karo, and Saw as blackmailed/loyal fighters.

Fake edit:Mockey too since Destiny land made a deal.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Toyo Electric only has the force that infiltrated the island by ship now that (I'm assuming lightning man will win this one and fight the other assassin) . There's also the heavenly wolves led by nikaido waiting in the wings. Whatever plans they had for winning the tournament have mostly been foiled so I imagine we'll see them make their move relatively soon.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
on the plus side, the next chapter is titled "Breakup"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Venuz Patrol posted:

Hopefully the breakup is referring to Rei's skull and spinal column as Saw Paing climbs to his feet yet again and tries another Hammer of Burma.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tweet my meat posted:

Toyo Electric only has the force that infiltrated the island by ship now that (I'm assuming lightning man will win this one and fight the other assassin) . There's also the heavenly wolves led by nikaido waiting in the wings. Whatever plans they had for winning the tournament have mostly been foiled so I imagine we'll see them make their move relatively soon.

the useless heavenly wolves after their leader got completely destroyed by setsuna

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Gaolang breaks up his friendship with Saw Paing sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Venuz Patrol posted:

I always kind of hoped Rino wasn't just using Rei to avoid the obvious but with how they met that seems pretty unlikely.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Joseance posted:

the useless heavenly wolves after their leader got completely destroyed by setsuna

But they could probably tussle with some of the jobber characters to give them a chance to shine

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

I always kind of hoped Rino wasn't just using Rei to avoid the obvious but with how they met that seems pretty unlikely.
I suspect she put the hit out on herself.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 15, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad the jerk who beat up my boy saw paing is getting dumped. he deserves it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

Also, is anyone else curious as to how the Village of the Dawn got involved with the Kengan Association to begin with? Compared to not-Panasonic, not-Kinokuniya, and not-McDonalds, the Bumfuck, Kyushu Kiwanis Club seems a bit out of place, unless it's another shell corporation like Rihito Inc.

I was going to ask this; what do they even have kengan matches for? Is the dude who runs the village secretly a drug lord or something

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

I was going to ask this; what do they even have kengan matches for? Is the dude who runs the village secretly a drug lord or something

they lend Saw Paing out as a human jackhammer

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestonJew posted:

they lend Saw Paing out as a human jackhammer

Isn't that cutting into the turf of that Kure grandpa on a wheelchair?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/464601/1

Kill him Old Man

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, at least one person looks happy.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

:agreed:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress Rei

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress Rei

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gensai is gonna use this lad as a toothpick

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

as jun and saw paing have shown us, the cool fighters don't win

rest in peace gensai, you're probably the most badass guy in the tournament but you don't have enough backstory for the author to keep you around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy poo poo Gensai please destroy this Setsuna motherfucker (won't happen because Gensai looks like a prime jobber but I can still dream)