Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cool kids inc. posted:

If there is anything good in this world, this is both a reference to the sheep, and a good indication that Dolly Parton will be in this episode.

...Also the musical. As in the exact musical Victor Garber left the show to star in. Hint hint.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Oh, well gosh. :3: That's exciting.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Only slightly related but a TV channel over here started showing Constantine and I am already sold after the first episode.

Also kind of fitting with the tesla meltdown with the big evil electricity demon doing all the car murders

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Unicorns and Gary!

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1044991489447608320

https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1044996728661803008

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 26, 2018

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Someone (all of them?) are getting turned into cats or something I bet.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Also announced, the season premiere is called:

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

Are you ready?

Here it goes:

"The Virgin Gary"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awww, poor Gary.

Calling it now, they heat the bad guy the same way they did in the film Once Bitten.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

Awww, poor Gary.

Calling it now, they heat the bad guy the same way they did in the film Once Bitten.

Heat the bad guy? Go on...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Heat the bad guy? Go on...

Mick's up to his ol' tricks again I see ...

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
If anyone can get Gary laid it's Mick.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The Virgin Gary, The Chad Mick

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/cwseed/status/1049424151629287424

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I learned that Alex Ross painted a picture of Citizen Steel with a huge bulge once, I am surprised they have not worked that into the show.

Also Vandal Savage was created by Alfred Bester. That makes me even more mad about what they did to him on the show.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I actually liked Mustache-twirling, stranger danger Vandal Savage. It's how I learned to stop taking Legends seriously and embrace the goofiness.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the problem with Savage was that the character was inherently goofy, but they hadn't quite embraced that goofiness yet and still treated him as this deadly serious threat most of the time.

If there'd been a few jokes where someone asks, "What makes Savage so dangerous?" and they said, "He carries a knife! Sometimes several!" like that old Dark Knight flash animation it would've been great.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think the problem with Savage was that the character was inherently goofy, but they hadn't quite embraced that goofiness yet and still treated him as this deadly serious threat most of the time.

If there'd been a few jokes where someone asks, "What makes Savage so dangerous?" and they said, "He carries a knife! Sometimes several!" like that old Dark Knight flash animation it would've been great.
I felt the seriousness actually worked somehow, because it was hilarious much trouble the Legends had fighting him. The best moment was when they crash a weapons auction, and Savage is just grinning like a psycho the entire time.

Now the Roy/Kendra/Connor love tumor...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Kendra and Connor were soooooo bad.

And the whole Connor stalking her because "they're destined to be together" isn't exactly a good look.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 13, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

I felt the seriousness actually worked somehow, because it was hilarious much trouble the Legends had fighting him. The best moment was when they crash a weapons auction, and Savage is just grinning like a psycho the entire time.

Now the Roy/Kendra/Connor love tumor...

I got very confused until I realized you might mean Ray/Kendra/Carter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So while Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl are doing Elseworlds, Legends is going to be crossing over with... itself.

TV Line posted:

But as Legends showrunner Keto Shimizu told TVLine at The CW’s Fall Launch event held Sunday night at the Warner Bros. lot, “During the week that all the other crossovers are happening, we will essentially be crossing over with ourselves,” in an episode that will traverse “alternate time periods.”

“That particular episode is insane,” attested Legends lead Caity Lotz, who added: “I think they wanted to do something special since we weren’t going to be doing the [‘Elseworlds’] crossovers.”

Lotz teased that, in keeping with what Shmizu said above about “alternate” time periods, “You’ll see a lot of different sides of the Legends.” And from the sound of it, those sides will be interacting with themselves (a la the Season 2 finale involving the Spear of Destiny).

“I’ll just say it’s a lot of work for the people who are in those scenes!” laughed Tala Ashe, who plays Zari. “It’s fun.”

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can we get a Coucil of Micks?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

WhyteRyce posted:

Can we get a Council of Micks?

Wouldn't their response to everything just be "Burn it, then go get drunk. Or get drunk during the burning, whatever, just burn something I'll get the beer."

I'm not against that, it sounds like fun but man they would be terrible at stuff.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

seaborgium posted:

Wouldn't their response to everything just be "Burn it, then go get drunk. Or get drunk during the burning, whatever, just burn something I'll get the beer."

I'm not against that, it sounds like fun but man they would be terrible at stuff.

Maybe Fire Mick will meet Ninja Mick

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

seaborgium posted:

Yes, it would just be a bunch of Micks in mild disagreement with one another.

"I saw we burn it, and then go get drunk."
"That's a terrible plan. First we get drunk, then we burn it."
"You guys are idiots. I can't believe you're me. The Lord gave you two hands. With one, you giveth the flame, with the other, you taketh the drink. Hold on, I have to write that one down for my next book."
"Mick's got a point. We have two hands. Why aren't they both holding drinks?"

And so on. I'd watch it for 43 minutes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Habibi posted:

"You guys are idiots. I can't believe you're me. The Lord gave you two hands. With one, you giveth the flame, with the other, you taketh the drink. Hold on, I have to write that one down for my next book."

I read that in Mick's voice and it was perfect.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Can we get a Coucil of Micks?

That’s just called “a bar brawl”...

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Habibi posted:

And then Ray would give them one of those hats that can hold beers and blow their minds. Goddamn, that would be an amazing episode.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
One of them would be a firefighter... they wouldn't like that one very much.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Mick Rory, CCIE

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Burning_Monk posted:

One of them would be a firefighter... they wouldn't like that one very much.

It's ok, he fights fire with fire

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
NEW TRAILER

Also I'm officially petitioning we change the thread tag from to

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

NEW TRAILER

god I love this stupid, stupid show

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I want Swamp Thing, I want Etrigan, I'll be happy.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

NEW TRAILER

This is the only CW superhero show I still watch because it is loving BONKERS.

Unicorn horn straight through the gullet, fuckin' PUPPETS (which are an excellent tack if Angel is any indication), CONSTANTINE! Gonna be legitttt.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

I want Swamp Thing, I want Etrigan, I'll be happy.

Swamp Thing show is coming to DC streaming... unrelated to this universe.
So is Doom Patrol.
Probably got more chance of seeing Etrigan over there.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Stupid show continues to be the best show

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All of that looks so good!!!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Trailer is great.

Rocksicles posted:

Swamp Thing show is coming to DC streaming... unrelated to this universe.
So is Doom Patrol.
Probably got more chance of seeing Etrigan over there.

I look forward Doom Patrol finding ways to out-weird the Legends, been hoping for live-action DP since Crawling From The Wreckage.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 17, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Binary Logic posted:

Trailer is great.

I look forward Doom Patrol finding ways to out-weird the Legends, been hoping for live-action DP since Crawling From The Wreckage.

They cast Cyborg, looks like he's handing out missions. So i'm guessing he'll show up in Titans too at some point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The idea was supposed to be that they would appear in Titans and then spin off into the Doom Patrol series proper. Not sure if that's still true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

The idea was supposed to be that they would appear in Titans and then spin off into the Doom Patrol series proper. Not sure if that's still true.

It's true, 100%. One of the episodes is called Doom Patrol. But the Cyborg casting was mentioned about the Doom Patrol show. No specifically Titans.