Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OB_Juan posted:

Best goblin depiction of the season so far!
ahahaha.

and yes, all the goblins in slime isekai are great, especially Gobuta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Wrt Dragon in the Manga, does Veldora show up again physically after Slime eats him in chap 2?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wrt Dragon in the Manga, does Veldora show up again physically after Slime eats him in chap 2?

(Manga spoilers)He doesn't show up in the main chapters, but the bonus chapters for the printed books are him commenting on the things Rimuru does. If you take that as canon, it means he's at least able to observe what's going on while inside.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I dunno if the manga has gotten that far, but the answer is yes LN-wise

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
New episode.

Man those are some good gobbo's!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's showing how being a monster with a name is a Big Deal, and Rimuru Tempest has two of them! From a dragon!

Part of me thinks that without that, he wouldn't have survived the cave, even with Protagonist Powers!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hunky Hobgobs, Graceful Goblinas, a cute episode.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, naming thing more or less explains why Rimuru is a super slime. Still OP with that Predator skill though.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Why didn't Rimuru evolve too when Veldora named him? Is Slime a dead-end evolution?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nowhere further up to go. Slimedad is already the ultimate being.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Slime obviously evolves into slime king, and he is now king of the goblins so it checks out.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

I guess when you've got Predator evolution becomes redundant. Slimes are the best monsters after all, why else would there be so many Isekai involving them???

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Them building a little shrine to dormant Rimuru was :kimchi:

Gobta's stupid face makes me laugh every time he gets screentime.

They're actually moving at a pretty rapid pace now. Considering they've gotten through the goblin village defense, the naming and are now already enroute to dwargon.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
apart from the actual battle scene, that was a super cute episode :3:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Why didn't Rimuru evolve too when Veldora named him? Is Slime a dead-end evolution?

There was an effect but his form didn't change; presumably since slimes are amorphous anyway there's no point in them changing visually much

I like this show. It's a bit like Overlord except with a lot more charm and a lot less edge, and far more consistent production values

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 15, 2018

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pancreas posted:

He did, that's why he has such a massive amount of mana and a terrifying aura.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I assumed the aura was from consuming Veldora.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Even at the moment Rimiru was named he made a comment about feeling a change deep in his soul or whatever. He just didn't think much of it and had nothing to compare himself too other than Veldora.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Read this a while back, didnt know it got an anime until yesterday. I've forgotten a lot of the details but I do remember how much I enjoyed it despite the bad translations. Great voice acting and animation really made the first two episodes go by quick.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Clarste posted:

Yeah, naming thing more or less explains why Rimuru is a super slime. Still OP with that Predator skill though.

Rimuru is just a strong case example of a lot of things stacking in his favor early on, since his initial skillset was already super unique, and basically bonding/naming with Veldora just exponentially increased that.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The show convinced me to read the manga and then the LN chapters after those. Can say that slime is good and cool.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This is exactly the kind of ridiculousness that I love. Slimes riding wolves, wolves and goblins living together in communal cities, this has been a lot of fun so far.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
What a kohai

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is the comfiest show :3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the slimem an was watch goblin slayer before he died

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol at the flexing

also the awoo :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 16, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

the slimem an was watch goblin slayer before he died

He clearly didn't take any of that vicious slander against our cute friends to heart.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've read ahead a bit in the manga and boy it moves fast.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah like, they could dedicate an entire two cour run to just up to the first major villlain, the warlord. And that's only what, 16-20 chapters in or something?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's a bro among bros. :hfive:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah like, they could dedicate an entire two cour run to just up to the first major villlain, the warlord. And that's only what, 16-20 chapters in or something?

With the current pacing (Chapter 1 of the Manga is the entire cave part = 1.5 episodes of the anime), they could EASILY make it to the end of the arc you describe in 2 cour and not feel like they're padding it out or anything. I worry that they'll start rushing a bit too much, since based on the OP it looks like they're going to finish past the manga which is currently at chapter 46. But so far the quality's been amazing and I'm happy.

This show owns so much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I super hope it doesn't go past the current spot in the manga because that would indeed require a lot of cutting and rushing. There's a good five arcs or so after the one mentioned and hell the end of that arc in particular would make for a really good first season/show finale.

Edit: well, maybe two arcs and three mini-arcs

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 16, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The one thing I'm glad is that it was high time that we found a proper rival to Rin Tohsaka. Tsunderes of that stature just don't come along all that often. :mmmhmm:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The anime seems like it's going pretty slowly right now, is it actually crossing a ton of distance chapter wise? I think I'd prefer them speed up a bit but most anime these days seem to be heckin' slow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Half the fun of the manga is the growth of the country and if they skip a lot of that the show will be worse for it

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I guess when you've got Predator evolution becomes redundant. Slimes are the best monsters after all, why else would there be so many Isekai involving them???

I've only heard of this one, I'm curious if there are other slime focused ones.

Gotta catch up on the manga now too, I remember enjoying it but then didn't follow up with it after I caught up to where it was.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Yeah, the promo stuff has me confused about the show's pacing.

future friends

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There's one which is kind of like Pokemon with a fantasy twist where some people are born with a contract with stuff like dragons, but the protagonist has a slime as his buddy, but it's really boring tripe where he really ought to lose a lot more than he does, making the whole "weakest" trope fall flat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's one where a lady reincarnated as an immortal wizard and over 300 years kills so many slimes she becomes a demigod by accident

That ones a slice of life mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Marathoned the manga tonight, wowee there's a lot of fun stuff there, though some of the character gag traits wore a bit thin, and really should have been resolved by slimey taking the time to explain why the behavior wasn't acceptable. Really only his secretary's character traits seemed off to me, for the above reason and the other major one because it's such a cliche.

There's quite a few reasonable end points for the anime, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. Probably going to be a short term peak of fun animated stuff in the dwarven kingdom, so be sure to tune to the next episode or two folks!