Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have to rely on drawing a stupid face in the last panel, your joke isn't good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confused Enormatons
Apr 12, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Actually guys on second thought maybe don't do this I'm thinking maybe Satan is really good at Mario kart.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he was bad at Mario Kart.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lemon posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have to rely on drawing a stupid face in the last panel, your joke isn't good enough.

"If you put funny visuals in a visual medium it's not funny".

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Who What Now posted:

"If you put funny visuals in a visual medium it's not funny".

while I see your point, 100% of that comic that has been posted here has relied on a ridiculous face in the last panel to make up for a mediocre joke with no punchline of its own.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you don't want to see someone draw something funny then why are you reading comics and not a joke book?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Who What Now posted:

If you don't want to see someone draw something funny then why are you reading comics and not a joke book?

This works for movies too. For example: I don't see how anyone can call the Star Wars prequel trilogy bad with all that awesome CGI.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

finalellipsis posted:

while I see your point, 100% of that comic that has been posted here has relied on a ridiculous face in the last panel to make up for a mediocre joke with no punchline of its own.

That Randis whatever comic there is really bad anyway, apart from the face thing.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

A good joke saves lazy writing better than a good drawing saves a lazy joke but they are both acceptable content.
That's bill watterson's stance on it and I feel like he's the fuckin guy who'd know

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

A good joke saves lazy writing better than a good drawing saves a lazy joke but they are both acceptable content.
That's bill watterson's stance on it and I feel like he's the fuckin guy who'd know

The problem is when none of the things are good. Or one aspect is bad enough that it overwhelms the others.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lemon posted:

An argument that applies equally well to youtube.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Karate Bastard posted:

An argument that applies equally well to youtube.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEEEORY

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

:golfclap:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lemon posted:

Sometimes that's the entire point

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

Bill Watterson said of his own work that good writing made up for bad art way more than good art made up for bad writing.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Discworld DEATH best death.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Man...family dog is getting put down later today...this one hurts.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Man...family dog is getting put down later today...this one hurts.

All good boys go to heaven,

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skippy McPants posted:

All good boys go to heaven,

:3:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:lol: but also :corsair:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Definitely not tone policing that pirate in the last panel

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

lol I aint readin that poo poo

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Skwirl posted:

Bill Watterson said of his own work that good writing made up for bad art way more than good art made up for bad writing.

That is a cartoonist trope that has been around long before Watterson. It's one of the un-written rules of comics.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

This is the worst Deathbulge strip I've ever seen!!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That cartoonist should probably calm down.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Who the gently caress is supposed to read this? Who does the author imagine they're reaching?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I agree with this comic but I also hate it??

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Color palette looks like a rainbow vomited

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

well it's not wrong but I still regret reading all that

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

On the other hand. People with a valid stance can act unreasonable.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Please quote the massive information dump comic more. Thank you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thingyman posted:

Please quote the massive information dump comic more. Thank you.

Woah, calm down there. We can discuss this if you act civil about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I agree with this comic but I also hate it??

Tetracube posted:

well it's not wrong but I still regret reading all that

It's like they entered a "explain something good in the worst way possible" contest.