Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Grandal looked..........not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
grandal please

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Popete posted:

Hey look, more luck for Manny Machado.

It's weird how all these hitters get so lucky when Jeffress comes in.
Machado's smirk gets me irrationally angry.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

holy poo poo that was a meatball

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Dozier slam coming

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sike

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress yes!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Great pitch to finish though

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Cutting it a bit close there JJ, but a win's a win :toot:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

wow, protect the plate dumbass

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Counsel finishes 3d chess game with risky Jeffress gambit.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My heart

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'd call that luck for Jeffress

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I hate Ryan Braun so much

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jeffress rules

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Offense still looks like poo poo, tuning out of time fast

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Vernacular posted:

I hate Ryan Braun so much

:same:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

maybe don't start grandal next game

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
That would be cool if Chris Taylor and Austin Barnes were playing instead of Cody Bellinger and Yasmani Grandal tomorrow. I hope that is a thing that happens.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why does counsell keep going to jeffress, there's obviously something up with him, he's been shaky all playoffs

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Abugadu posted:

My heart

iospace posted:

gently caress yes!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

R.D. Mangles posted:

why does counsell keep going to jeffress, there's obviously something up with him, he's been shaky all playoffs

Brewers closers have a very short time of being effective

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

maybe don't start grandal next game

He's probably playing hurt and not telling anybody, which he has loving done multiple times before

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
This is quite the panel to interview Braun

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

To see if he could iron it out with a 4 run lead.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hand Row posted:

To see if he could iron it out with a 4 run lead.

It was the right call. Hader can pitch tomorrow now.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

They should have just let Soria pitch more

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
How many times has Ryan Braun yelled at Christian Yelich this postseason?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Roberts said Barnes starts tomorrow, unsurprisingly.

Gonna need that Big Dick Mountain Energy

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Milwaukee's starter ERA in the regular season was 3.92. In the postseason it's 0.35.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

jit bull transpile posted:

Basically there is no reason not to love Craig counsell until someone finds some tweets I guess

I used to go jogging with my cousin in Whitefish Bay around '09 or so (when he was a frequently used utility player, if not exactly a starter) and we'd jog past Craig's house, where he'd nearly always be outside doing yard work. Would always wave and say "hey Craig!" and he'd wave back. Nicest guy in baseball

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

sheri posted:

Why does Counsell send in Jeffress lately. He's terrible lately.

his numbers during the regular season were insane. as much as he's getting poo poo on for that "luck" comment he's not exactly wrong. he's getting tons of ground balls and I think all of them have gone for hits. in Game 2 there was an infield hit that travelled like 30 feet and a mile high blooper that was perfectly placed between Shaw & Yelich. so when he does make bad pitches it tends to do a lot more damage. his mechanics look okay, he's grooving some pitches but I've seen plenty of Milwaukee closer meltdowns and they generally don't look like this. when he walks in a run I'll change my mind.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

JAMOOOL posted:

when he walks in a run I'll change my mind.

He did this already in game 2

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Eh, he didn't make a terrible pitch though. Guy just didn't bite.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jeffress is good and trusting him is the right move imo

Everybody gives up some hits and walks

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jeffress was never going to sustain the .4 ERA and .7 WHIP he was carrying for most of the season. He's still their 2nd most reliable reliever. I worry more when Soria or Cedeno get sent in.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

oh yeah I forgot about that though tbf he did come in with some traffic on the bases

his command is definitely not great right now but I still don't think he's missing badly...its not like when Knebel was completely broken and had to go back to AAA. JJ's got the kind of stuff that can luck into some 1-2-3 outings even when he's off, just hasn't been happening in the post

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

JAMOOOL posted:

oh yeah I forgot about that though tbf he did come in with some traffic on the bases
I think he hit his spot on that ball 4 pitch. 9 times out of 10 a guy will swing at it.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

lol at Packers fans just realizing the Brewers exist now that their team is bad.

*Flashback to a September in 2014 when Bears MNF meant the Cardinals fans outnumbered Cubs fans at Wrigley*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
BREWERS
----------------
1. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF
2. Christian Yelich (L) RF
3. Ryan Braun (R) LF
4. Jesus Aguilar (R) 1B
5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B
6. Jonathan Schoop (R) 2B
7. Manny Pina (R) C
8. Orlando Arcia (R) SS
9. Gio Gonzalez (R) P

DODGERS
----------------
1. Chris Taylor (R) LF
2. Justin Turner (R) 3B
3. David Freese (R) 1B
4. Manny Machado (R) SS
5. Brian Dozier (R) 2B
6. Enrique Hernandez (R) CF
7. Yasiel Puig (R) RF
8. Austin Barnes (R) C
9. Rich Hill (L) P

Not sure why Kemp is on the bench when he's 8-25 with 2 HR's against Gio Gonzalez while Puig (1-14) and Taylor (1-7) are starting.

• Locked thread