Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

TV Zombie posted:

Is Akai a model/idol turned wrestler like Jurina? I ask because she seems so stiff in the ring. Given her height, I think she could be like a ladyhoss but she's so skinny.

Yes, she's a fashion model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DarkstarIV posted:

Hard to believe that there are only two weeks left of the MYC. Next week are all the quarterfinal matches, and then the week after are the two semi final matches. Speaking of women's wrestling, has anyone heard anything about that Women of Wrestling program that is supposedly launching on AXS? I looked at their site and felt a bit skeevy.

They have a website and youtube videos if you're interested. As said its super campy stuff from the exact same guy who did GLOW. Its got some real wrestlers involved but its also got a bunch of actresses trained to wrestle (Melissa Santos was one of them). Its had a weird life where it ran as a season and a PPV like 20 years ago, returned a few years back and has been filming stuff for years but without an actual TV Show so they just release clips and call them "seasons" or something and occasionally do a new round of tapings and title changes for a "new season." I imagine they've just been shopping for a TV slot this entire time but its very odd.

http://www.wowe.com/

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I first learned of Saki Akai in Yakuza 6, since she makes an appearance in that game.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hana's new look is... interesting

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1051058673554882560?s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah she used that look while in Mexico as well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The hair yeah, but not the rainbow monstrosity gear AFAIK.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:wtc:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Worth noting that she has stooped to a new low as well (match spoiler):

After she beat Starlight Kid via submission, she ripped off Kid's mask.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Still think the gear is more unforgivable tbh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RISEdtwa/status/1050612739918290947

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hana's gear looks like she joined Natural Vibes

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

She evolved from Goth to Cybergoth.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
She is her mother's daughter.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's the usual turnaround time for EVE to get their shows up online?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kagetsu invaded Sendai Girls today.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So they announced a handful of women for a "Creative Has Nothing For You" Battle Royal. The only people on the main roster not booked on the show so far is...

Raw:
Natalya
Bayley
Sasha Banks
Liv Morgan
Ruby Riott
Sarah Logan

SD:
Zelina Vega

So we're clearly getting that tag match. Maybe they'll add Zelina to the battle royal with some ?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That battle royal is gonna have a bunch of NXT women too like Dakota Kia, Mia Yim, Nikki Cross, etc.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wish they built up multiple storylines for Evolution. They had so long to build it up that they could have created storylines and continued them past PPVs until they would ultimately pay off at Evolution.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

TV Zombie posted:

I wish they built up multiple storylines for Evolution. They had so long to build it up that they could have created storylines and continued them past PPVs until they would ultimately pay off at Evolution.

They build to multiple PPVs at once now so it's kind of hard to do that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TV Zombie posted:

You would think after all these months and months of random women's tag matches that they were building to something. That Sasha Bayley storyline from a few months ago was awful, but I assumed there was an end goal to them forming a tag team.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

fatherofmustard posted:

They build to multiple PPVs at once now so it's kind of hard to do that.

Do they really?

JT Smiley posted:

You would think after all these months and months of random women's tag matches that they were building to something. That Sasha Bayley storyline from a few months ago was awful, but I assumed there was an end goal to them forming a tag team.

I thought this whole time they were building up to a Women's Tag Team Title tournament, they lose and blow up at each other, and then the big blow off match happens at Evolution.

Nope. Just throw them with Nattie

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTJXhvDXlE

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 16, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
They uploaded the MYC episode early this week. Probably the best episode of the 7 so far. But, that 3rd match is.....hard to watch.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

DM Punk posted:

They uploaded the MYC episode early this week. Probably the best episode of the 7 so far. But, that 3rd match is.....hard to watch.

The traditional "live" view is about to get to that match.

Man, Meiko is awesome.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 18, 2018

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Well, that injury sucked. It wasn't horrible enough that they couldn't show the match, but man was it hard to watch.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
If there was anyone who would have been able to make Lacey Lane look good, it was Meiko. Meiko is the best.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Auritech posted:

If there was anyone who would have been able to make Lacey Lane look good, it was Meiko. Meiko is the best.

Meiko number one!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Well, that injury sucked. It wasn't horrible enough that they couldn't show the match, but man was it hard to watch.

The one thing the live crowd didn't hear is Tegan telling the trainers "I'm good, I'm good" before attempting to continue. You could tell by her tone how desperate she was to continue. It makes what happened even more heartbreaking.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Followed Nixon's climb on the UK indies and met her a few times in passing. Couldn't help get weepy.

She disclosed her status finally. It is worse than Janela's:
https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1052741053328097280

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1052741284169801728

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Good things happen to good people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSagNeUgp0U

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If Full Sail chanted for HHH to jump off a cliff would he do it

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Maaaan, that Tegan match was heartbreaking.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Can't help but wonder how much easier the recovery would've been if she hadn't tried to work through it. Coincidentally enough, one of the times HHH blew his knee/quad out, the doctor told him that essentially a grenade went off inside his leg and asked HHH what he was thinking trying to grind through it. HHH just kinda shrugged sheepishly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I assume with all the apologizing she was supposed to win, so that probably contributes a bit to her trying to make it work.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oof, more like the girl with the shittiest luck.

Hoping for a Meiko/Io final but expecting Toni/Io which should be fine too.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I assume with all the apologizing she was supposed to win, so that probably contributes a bit to her trying to make it work.
Rumor is she was supposed to win that match. Heartbreaking.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Rumor is she was supposed to win that match. Heartbreaking.

Meltzer has said she was supposed to win the whole tournament.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Meltzer has said she was supposed to win the whole tournament.

About a month after I said it yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

That helps get the bad taste of the Teagan injury out of my mouth.