Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean with the new substitution rule, Gensai winning and Setsuna still appearing as a fighter facing Ohma instead of....Cosmo for example, is very possible, so I'm hopeful.

Also,

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress Rei

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

as jun and saw paing have shown us, the cool fighters don't win

rest in peace gensai, you're probably the most badass guy in the tournament but you don't have enough backstory for the author to keep you around

He’s got a bunch of mystery backstory tho

He knows Niko and and Setsuna’s master for one

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's a reclusive martial arts master. in another manga the mc would be going to him for a training arc. here, he's just going to beat the poo poo out of the rival character.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He's going to get his head twisted off.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

as jun and saw paing have shown us, the cool fighters don't win
The difference is, Jun lost to Muteba and it was awesome. Saw lost to Rei and let's be honest, Rei is one of the dullest characters in the entire series.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

come on gensai!!!

(he's probably jobbing isn't he)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Artelier posted:

come on gensai!!!

(he's probably jobbing isn't he)

I want to believe in that beard.
Since Karo lost, a Grandpa should move on.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I wonder if Gensai is actually going to job here. Setsuna's whole obsession with Ohma already ended when Ohma beat Raian with the Niko style. It would kind of just be a repeat of Raian if they fought now.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Setsuna losing here would be really interesting and that's why it won't happen. :(

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i really want to believe that a guy who can poke his fingers through solid steel is able to beat a teleporter

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Brought To You By posted:

The difference is, Jun lost to Muteba and it was awesome. Saw lost to Rei and let's be honest, Rei is one of the dullest characters in the entire series.

yeah gently caress this manga :flaccid:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I believe in hands brutalized into deadly weapons.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gensai is the motherfucking Ecce Homo and looks like hes going to job at any moment, the question is when.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gensai needs to win because it was just established that his assassination technique is good for combat compared to Rei’s, so he’s the one that needs to absolutely destroy that guy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hypocrisy posted:

I wonder if Gensai is actually going to job here. Setsuna's whole obsession with Ohma already ended when Ohma beat Raian with the Niko style. It would kind of just be a repeat of Raian if they fought now.

Setsuna's still super obsessed with Ohma, he's just pissed that he's re-learned his martial arts skills instead of going wild

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Gensai needs to win because it was just established that his assassination technique is good for combat compared to Rei’s, so he’s the one that needs to absolutely destroy that guy

Yeah if he doesn't job here I can see him completely destroying Rei in the match after that just to prove that his style is superior

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't the Kengan Association made of the most mega-rich corporations where the fight stakes are in the millions and billions of yen? Why do they have common merchandise like baseball caps? Why do they have any merch at all?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Gaolang :(

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

JosephWongKS posted:

Isn't the Kengan Association made of the most mega-rich corporations where the fight stakes are in the millions and billions of yen? Why do they have common merchandise like baseball caps? Why do they have any merch at all?

Because it’s funny

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Wonder if this fight will go more than a chapter

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
RIP Gensai, your great strength but low narrative weight made you prime jobber material.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

CharlestonJew posted:

Setsuna's still super obsessed with Ohma, he's just pissed that he's re-learned his martial arts skills instead of going wild

Yes but Ohma has already made his decision to choose the Niko style over advance. No going back on that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JosephWongKS posted:

Because Katahara Metsudo is a fun guy with a sense of humor. It's not like they have this tournament on a regular schedule, why not go all out and have some fun with it? Especially when it's also your retirement party!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'm gonna change my previous prediction and side with Gensai… mostly to spite everyone saying he's gonna job if i'm right.

I mean he probably loses but maybe not

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Come on Gensai, do it for Lemmy

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
I believe in Gensai, because if Setsuna beats Gensai then next round is Setsuna vs Rei and who the gently caress wants to see that? I want to see Gensai stomping Setsuna into the ground and then the big assassin vs assassin fight where he'll also feed Rei his spleen.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Maybe the match will get interrupted by whatever poo poo Toyo’s got going on now that he’s out. Might as well make his move now.

Who is Nogi’s fighter going up against next? On the re-read I forgot that most of his losses were due to laziness and he has taken down some of the stronger people in the tournament before. I think there’s good reason Nogi chose him as champion.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Sen is supposed to go up against Bando, but Bando's counting his hours so chances are someone's gonna substitute in his stead. Could be anyone.

Also, Gensai is a bit too mysterious to lose now, and this manga is too well-written to just abruptly dump his whole backstory in the middle of the fight and have him lose afterwards... I think. :ohdear:

I still want to believe

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Oh right, and then gaolang vs the fang which should be incredible. Actually the poo poo might go down during the next fight since that’s a good one to interrupt/have the substitution rule finally come out for Toyo’s benefit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gaolang's a cool dude and i hope he loses gracefully

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean Ohma died so Setsuna and his rivalry can get bent, Kazzy's substitute fighter Jun Sekibayashi is the one who'll be taking down the Fang in the final round.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Please don't post from the future!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

on the plus side, the next chapter is titled "Breakup"

gently caress, the breakup was between Gaolang and Saw Paing. Truly, the worst possible outcome.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Tuxedo Ted posted:

gently caress, the breakup was between Gaolang and Saw Paing. Truly, the worst possible outcome.

yeah this loving sucks!!! argh!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean with the new substitution rule, Gensai winning and Setsuna still appearing as a fighter facing Ohma instead of....Cosmo for example, is very possible, so I'm hopeful.
im sorta wondering if setsuna might even just immediately surrender so he can fight ohma next in prime condition

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bushmeister posted:

Come on Gensai, do it for Lemmy

Of all the characters inspired by real life persons. Lemmy Kilmister being the CEO of Motorhead Motors is by far my favorite.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tuxedo Ted posted:

:(

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
This doesn't bode well for Setsuna. Gensai was friends with his master and presumably knows how his style works

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
of course, the natural progression of this plot line would be gao lang finding out about the extortion against saw paing and completely annihilating two face for revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

This doesn't bode well for Setsuna. Gensai was friends with his master and presumably knows how his style works

I just thought about this.

Also Setsuna got blueballed which is another advantage for Gensai.