Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JosephWongKS posted:

Isn't the Kengan Association made of the most mega-rich corporations where the fight stakes are in the millions and billions of yen? Why do they have common merchandise like baseball caps? Why do they have any merch at all?

The bigger and more mega-rich a corporation is, the more poo poo they try to sell.

Now, let me take a sip of this teslaquila. Ahhhhh, 100% blue agave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

The Toyo faction is on what, Plan F by now? Plan G?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude's so confident that i doubt his plan was ever 'get a bunch of good fighters and maybe win the tournament'. maybe he's subverted fang?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just thought about this.

Also Setsuna got blueballed which is another advantage for Gensai.

Yeh I'm also pretty sure a basic rule of fighting is to not be distracted during a fight. Setsuna looks like he's barely even there mentally

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I feel like all of these reasons Gensai should win are actually reasons Setsuna's going to get mad and crush him to establish he's still a threat to the Fang and Ohma.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Don't answer his question about who you are Gensai, it's a trick to get you to reveal your backstory first and therefore lose the fight. Keep on asking him about his backstory so he reveals it first.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Too many people underestimating the guy who beat Rihito.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I believe in Gensai.

And while I too wanted Saw Paing to win, I thought the fan was alright and Rei has potential to become interesting at some point depending on what happens to him. He's boring now, but he's not necessarily boring forever.

I'm an optimist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dude's so confident that i doubt his plan was ever 'get a bunch of good fighters and maybe win the tournament'. maybe he's subverted fang?

He needs to be because he's had a few other CEOs murdered and is trying to take over by force so he's hosed otherwise

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That dude is going to end up with the other side of his face melted saying "Maybe Im bad at gambling" as that girl that was about to be bankrupted buys every asset he has left

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I forgot about that plot line. I wonder how she's been doing

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I forgot about that plot line. I wonder how she's been doing

there was an update a few chapters ago, maybe in one of the omakes? anyway, she’s still making a killing

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I'm glad she wasn't forced into sexual slavery.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Now I really hope Gensai wins and reveals himself to have the personality of a tree stump.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Venuz Patrol posted:

there was an update a few chapters ago, maybe in one of the omakes? anyway, she’s still making a killing

aww yiss she's makin some fat stacks: https://mangadex.org/chapter/460537/15

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Tbf I think a lot of the next fight is going to be if Gensai is going to stick to his earlier assessment of Kiryu and go whole hog from the word Go. Because I think Disappointed Twink #1 won't play around like with Nikaido (if he just doesn't surrender outright, tbh I could vision that happening as well)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Joseance posted:

He needs to be because he's had a few other CEOs murdered and is trying to take over by force so he's hosed otherwise

Pretty sure they were just knocked out and kidnapped, they’re not dead(yet).

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
gently caress!

My reaction (spoiler because it's from the next chapter):

why is Saw saying there won't be a next time? He's village is on the line, but his life too?

His brother mysterious died even though he was at his peak. Did his brother sacrifice himself for the village?

gently caress.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 17, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Suspicious Lump posted:

His brother mysterious died even though he was at his peak. Did his brother sacrifice himself for the village?

gently caress.

It turns out the Village of the Dawn is some hosed up cult that practices human sacrifice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Suspicious Lump posted:

gently caress!

My reaction (spoiler because it's from the next chapter):

why is Saw saying there won't be a next time? He's village is on the line, but his life too?

gently caress.

Saw fights to keep his home. Unfortunately, now that he's lost, he (and his family and fellow villagers) are going to lose their home. Some for the second time, since Saw and his family already lost their homes once.

His brother died because he pushed himself too far, like, the Mayor himself says that he wanted Saw's brother to rest, but Saw's brother kept participating in the Kengan matches cause he was desperate to save his home. Nothing mysterious about it. Fighting brutal matches one after the other is bound to be incredibly taxing on the body, even when you're winning.

Saw feels like he's failed, and he probably doesn't see a way to remedy the situation. His family and fellow villagers are without a home, his employer / adoptive father is also losing his land. That can be quite demotivating.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not saying that you guys are wrong about Gensai jobbing to Kiryu but they sure did go through some Wakatsuki-level hype (IMO) for the guy beforehand. Also wow that art style change

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Not saying that you guys are wrong about Gensai jobbing to Kiryu but they sure did go through some Wakatsuki-level hype (IMO) for the guy beforehand. Also wow that art style change

Gensai's beard has grown twice as thick and bushy since his first appearance.

And on that basis alone I'm predicting that Gensai gets the surprise victory over Kiryu. You don't give someone as glorious a beard as Gensai's without having some longer-term plans for him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Gensai's beard has grown twice as thick and bushy since his first appearance.

And on that basis alone I'm predicting that Gensai gets the surprise victory over Kiryu. You don't give someone as glorious a beard as Gensai's without having some longer-term plans for him.

But on the other hand, it's probably more work to draw it now. :thunk:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bah, Muteba's body is covered in tattoos and he made it in to the next round.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

But on the other hand, it's probably more work to draw it now. :thunk:

To be fair Kiryu's hair is probably also a bitch to draw.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Bah, Muteba's body is covered in tattoos and he made it in to the next round.

Yeah, that's a fair point.

RatHat posted:

To be fair Kiryu's hair is probably also a bitch to draw.

Aw son of a bitch, you've smoked me out! I'm just grasping at straws here, because I have no idea who's gonna take this next match. Both of them had little trouble with their first rounds and Kiryu's been shown strong enough to fight two of Metsudo's Bodyguards at the least so who even knows.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

wait why are people saying gensai vs rei, isn't it either gensai/not-ohma vs the winner of gaolang/fang?

unless i have just completely blanked on the fight in-between here. wait i have, it's bando isn't it?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

where the red fern gropes posted:

wait why are people saying gensai vs rei, isn't it either gensai/not-ohma vs the winner of gaolang/fang?

unless i have just completely blanked on the fight in-between here. wait i have, it's bando isn't it?

In Round Three, Rei will fight the winner of Gensai vs Kiryu in Round Three, and the winner of Sen vs Bando (or whoever subs for Bando) will fight the winner of Gaolang vs Fang.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter is out.
Thread must be renamed to honor Jerry.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Muteba continues to be great in the extra chapter.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
the worst thing about saw losing is not that rei is a cardboard cutout of the emoji :effort: but that the character practicing the insanely brutal and real life martial art of burmese boxing is exchanged for a anime assassin "flash" wannabe.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Muteba has gone top tier.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

the worst thing about saw losing is not that rei is a cardboard cutout of the emoji :effort: but that the character practicing the insanely brutal and real life martial art of burmese boxing is exchanged for a anime assassin "flash" wannabe.

Which is selling him cheap because in Lethwei, a fighter can choose to resume the fight even if he gets knocked out. Although I believe there is a time limit for which the KOd fighter needs to be revived. Either way, Saw got robbed.

JamMasterJim posted:

New chapter is out.
Thread must be renamed to honor Jerry.
I'm glad Jerry stuck around. He's a cool guy and fantastic commentary.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This chapter hinted that Setsuna has a very obvious power-up in store, where he reveals that he had managed to develop and master other techniques of Koei style. Hopefully it wont be enough to defeat Gensai.

Also Muteba is just the best. :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hope muteba wins the tournament

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i realise its stupid saying this about this series but Setsuna being able to twist someones muscles like he did to the university guy and Ren by punching them and twisting his arm is real dumb

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Joseance posted:

i hope muteba wins the tournament

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rename the thread to SWEET JESUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

it is now retroactively ok for jun to have lost to muteba

i reckon setsuna will win this fight, go up against ohma, then get the muscle twist thing redirected which will let ohma win

hope it doesn't go down that way because gensai rules