Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss vemon soag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

drat it Hal, I know you've come and gone again.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

imgay posted:

No, we're going to lynch you today.

No, we're going to lynch you today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I think Bifauxnen's vote is pobably the worst. I'm getting a bad feeling about her tbh.

WOW what a refreshing shower.

seriously? this should be good hearing you explain why

Anidav posted:

Are you seriously thinking there are any strong opinions on day 1? The strongest opinion was to flip for info and wait and see what the piss did, what we didn't anticipate was showering wasn't a day action but a night action.

Actually who pushed that logic? loving put them up, it now looks like a scum trying to conclude day 1 with insider info.

yeah there were some decent opinions thrown around, like a lot of people not agreeing with voting Toal for one.

##vote Anidav

btw Anidav I got tonight free and it's a busy day at work, so I could really go for some drinks afterwards, hint hint!

Toalpaz posted:

lotta Caroline stuff

I thought I'd cleared this up already. GX definitely knows who Caroline is, as do I. I won't spoil their fun by saying who it is, since their posting can still be judged on its own merits, but rest assured it is not a newb player.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im streaming a video game
https://www.twitch.tv/unluckyhat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok, today I still wanna vote Anidav and tonight would be perfect to schedule in DRUNKEN THUNDERDOME if he's got the guts.

If he doesn't, my second choices are either Toal or Caroline, can't decide if Toal is scummily focusing on the drama of who Caroline is as a way to drum up easy content, or if Caroline is actually scummier and all these "nopers!!!" replies are as bad as they sound. It just gives me this primal mafia reflex like seeing a :shrug: emoji

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Okay Bif, so you know that Caroline isn't a newb.

I didn't really catch that text that you knew, and I'm sure a lot of people here didn't know that and wouldn't unless I and you point it out. Don't you think that it's scummy that they're trying to honestly pass as a new player, and that they use 'I'm being bullied' as their reasoning to vote, instead of casing people?

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Toalpaz posted:

I didn't really catch that text that you knew, and I'm sure a lot of people here didn't know that and wouldn't unless I and you point it out. Don't you think that it's scummy that they're trying to honestly pass as a new player, and that they use 'I'm being bullied' as their reasoning to vote, instead of casing people?

If only that's what I was actually doing :allears:

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Bifauxnen posted:

ok, today I still wanna vote Anidav and tonight would be perfect to schedule in DRUNKEN THUNDERDOME if he's got the guts.

If he doesn't, my second choices are either Toal or Caroline, can't decide if Toal is scummily focusing on the drama of who Caroline is as a way to drum up easy content, or if Caroline is actually scummier and all these "nopers!!!" replies are as bad as they sound. It just gives me this primal mafia reflex like seeing a :shrug: emoji

Why aren't you interested in looking at the D1 vote, best townie friend Bif?

You really find nothing at all suspicious about it?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Sorry bif I'm playing public Prince meta and you are not suss enough for jail yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I'll have to check your work on that last bit! but in general, I thought it was talked about enough that Caroline not being new was kinda out there already, so acting new and all is just kayfabe. But the continued cutesy talk is really throwing off my tone reads and starting to bug me.

So yeah, I think she sounds kinda scummy, especially if the eccocop thing is legit, but I also think you sound scummy, so it's a feeling so complicated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

Why aren't you interested in looking at the D1 vote, best townie friend Bif?

You really find nothing at all suspicious about it?

looking at specific votes has merit sure, but seeing you right at start of day all "man that vote on that townie was so baaaaad you guys" just makes me eyeroll

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

looking at specific votes has merit sure, but seeing you right at start of day all "man that vote on that townie was so baaaaad you guys" just makes me eyeroll

And then I mentioned some specific votes I thought were bad guy votes and some that were hard to read as bad or good guy votes!!

Posts both you and Toal are totally ignoring when talking about me.

It makes me super sad to be so ignored. :cry:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Sorry bif I'm playing public Prince meta and you are not suss enough for jail yet.

boo this man

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

And then I mentioned some specific votes I thought were bad guy votes and some that were hard to read as bad or good guy votes!!

Posts both you and Toal are totally ignoring when talking about me.

It makes me super sad to be so ignored. :cry:

well hang on jeez I haven't had time to go do freakin cited footnote poo poo like I used to do

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but I will go check it out tonight, along with Toals dubious claims about you, since it looks like I will NOT be making progress on my bottle of Poncho's tequila to drunken thunderdome Anidav after all

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm gonna be honest with you bif I was pretty drunk these past few days and I misread my role late at night and it is in fact not unlimited.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I can't even decide what my favoritist part of Toal's claim I'm just voting someone for bullying me!! :allears:

Is it to discredit the case I had on them that they were faking a case?

Or!!!!

Is it that I'm not even voting for them, but voting someone who I have cased!

Which could it be, who even knows, they're both so very delightful!! :peanut:

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

But the continued cutesy talk is really throwing off my tone reads and starting to bug me.

Also I'm soooooooooo sorry bestest friend Biffy. I will try to be less cute. I wouldn't want to annoy you!! :ohdearsass:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal. Come in Hal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I say again. Come in Hal.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

Also I'm soooooooooo sorry bestest friend Biffy. I will try to be less cute. I wouldn't want to annoy you!! :ohdearsass:

eh, I just mean bugging me in a "trying to actually read Mafia sincerity" way

it's pretty funny watching everyone keep being all BUT WHAT IF CAROLINE IS BAMBOOZLING US?!

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Ugh, what a terrible, ugly word!

I hate it!!!!

:mad:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Everyone else? I think I'm the only one susp of Caroline honestly.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

PRs and Gimmicks are usually suss

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Toalpaz posted:

I thought your case was p good

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Toalpaz posted:

You’re attributing a lot of intent to Caroline that is one part speculative to two parts badly cased wrong

Like, ignore the dubious claim that you definitely know why she’s acting the way she is, a conclusion presupposed by your case, and things like “GX voted her with a different name” are still real dumb

I voted for the literal creature in her avatar, a jerboa :v:

What you’re doing reads less like scumhunting and more like starting from a conclusion and trying to justify it with whatever you can, no matter how weak.

##vote Toalpaz

I think you’re scum trying to jumpstart a lynch with the basis of “alt accounts are inherently scummy” and only realizing halfway that that’s not an actual case, or even true in the first place

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Hal are you motivated to post today?

Yes, yes I am, thank you for asking.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Hey Hal,

You ever gonna post or vote brother

I can't guarantee the voting thing but I will try. The formatting is just a lot of work, you know?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I say again. Come in Hal.

Hi yes I am here for reals now I hope you are ok

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Had I been up for voting yesterday I would have ##vote Anidav so that is where I will start today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish I had more to contribute to pee chat because that is the most exciting thing to happen today. Is someone still smelling of pee I can't tell?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Interesting.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Glad you are here Hal.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal why are you always agreeing with me lately, not just in this game either, I started noticing it in some other recent ones and it's freakin me out

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal why are you always agreeing with me lately, not just in this game either, I started noticing it in some other recent ones and it's freakin me out

I think it is because we are usually right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

yeah i guess im not saying anything because its day 1 so i ma as well be farting in the wind, im just trying to start thunderdome fights with anidav for now

I'm picking up the torch for you old friend

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GeneX posted:

You’re attributing a lot of intent to Caroline that is one part speculative to two parts badly cased wrong

Like, ignore the dubious claim that you definitely know why she’s acting the way she is, a conclusion presupposed by your case, and things like “GX voted her with a different name” are still real dumb

I voted for the literal creature in her avatar, a jerboa :v:

What you’re doing reads less like scumhunting and more like starting from a conclusion and trying to justify it with whatever you can, no matter how weak.

##vote Toalpaz

I think you’re scum trying to jumpstart a lynch with the basis of “alt accounts are inherently scummy” and only realizing halfway that that’s not an actual case, or even true in the first place

Hmm, I guess that makes sense.

I didn't know what a jerboa is tbh. Assumed it was an account name.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I really do believe that the Dog Training = Ecco cop thing is true. If the Caroline business isn't compelling I guess I'll reread Mona. (Maybe AA but it's indecipherable and AA hasn't posted today)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Moatillata posted:

Hey Hal,

You ever gonna post or vote brother

This isnt actual content.

• Locked thread