Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Bifauxnen posted:

the vote on Cube was fine, Ms Cutesy Clean-hands

No it wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im poqsting 1 handed i will give very good analysis3 layet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think tommunist is worse than Caroline.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Anidav posted:

I think tommunist is worse than Caroline.

The worst posting is you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The shower thing was kind of moot since we discussed it so in depth, not like scum would pick them to do the kill or anything.
Anyways ##Vote toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I agree the vote on CS was weird and rushed. I don't like the Mona jumped onto it despite saying it was bad. I do believe in always hammering, but that would be the scummiest thing Mona has done in my opinion. Which means I've still got a town read on him.

Buuuuuut.

Within an hour of the deadline Cubical went from 2 to 10 votes on them.

I think it's fair to consider it a possibility that scum probably jumped on. And if you cross reference the piss list and the votes within the hour before hammer Mona is on it. I dunno. Could have just wanted to hammer but it's something to think about.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

No it wasn't

was too

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GeneX posted:

You’re attributing a lot of intent to Caroline that is one part speculative to two parts badly cased wrong

Like, ignore the dubious claim that you definitely know why she’s acting the way she is, a conclusion presupposed by your case, and things like “GX voted her with a different name” are still real dumb

I voted for the literal creature in her avatar, a jerboa :v:

What you’re doing reads less like scumhunting and more like starting from a conclusion and trying to justify it with whatever you can, no matter how weak.

##vote Toalpaz

I think you’re scum trying to jumpstart a lynch with the basis of “alt accounts are inherently scummy” and only realizing halfway that that’s not an actual case, or even true in the first place

I also just wanted to respond to this again because I think this misinterprets what I was trying to communicate.

I thought she was being insincere because she was faking being a newbie and hasn't owned up to it yet. Bif confirms that she was pretending. I'm didn't get the joke with the animal, I own up to that.

I'm not saying that 'alt accounts are inherently scummy'. I'm saying that Caroline feels insincere and manipulative. If it was a good gag, it wouldn't bother me. But I feel since she still leans on that newbie status (during her interactions with me and others who aren't in on the joke) it shifts the blame away in ways that I think aren't productive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean that's a fair cop, my D1 was pretty laughably nonexistent. But I wouldn't be pushing the Ecco cop thing so hard if it was going to glaringly out myself as scum.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There are probably scum that votes CS. There are probably dcum that went oh no bad vite. And probably some that just didn't post.

Do the old thing of taking the third vote on a bandwagon as a scum vote if you like. That would be xiw, and Caroline is right to say their vote was suspicious. Like Carol said, seemed like accepting the inevitable with their vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I really do believe that the Dog Training = Ecco cop thing is true. If the Caroline business isn't compelling I guess I'll reread Mona. (Maybe AA but it's indecipherable and AA hasn't posted today)

*drops down from overhead air vent*

*CQC INTERROGATION*

"WHERE'D YOU GET YOUR INTEL? WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE TO SUSPECT THIS?"

*choke-release-choke-release*

Code Frequency tuned to --482.17

*smokes cigarette*

"Let me tell you a story...

East of Bornholm, there's a little swath of the Baltic Sea where schools of herring migrate once a year to frenzy.

An orgy of all delight a fish can afford, I assure you. However, it's just some swath of water where the temperatures are ideal,and they can get pulled off the path for a while. A scenic retreat from the journey.

They eat, they drink, they copulate, and then there is little substance for them to endure their remaining trek.

Which of course, is just to end up in a fisherman's net near the coastline of a nearby island, but even then at what cost?

Well... *produces clipboard* ...if you're anything like me you're concerned about the effects of global warming on the environment, including but not limited to the geographic displacement of creatures from their natural habitats, and the macroscopic economic impact it has in the long term.

Politicians, they don't get results you say? *clears throat - flexes - drops prone - launches a Nikita Stinger into a symbolic paperwork representation of slow moving progress*

Do you understand?"

*choke-release-choke-sleep*

*undresses and puts in locker*

"Sweet Dreams, Polygon Monster. Now to equip your mask and gaze through your eyes. Does your face glisten in the moonlight? I hope not."

Toalpaz posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo!

That isn't a code... thats a Cipher!

##vote AA

Heads up I'm throwing this out there so that scum don't catch on and do it to us and say it's an accident. I think being pissed on makes us unloved.

!

Toalpaz posted:

Hmm, DDog may mark enemies in game. But there must be some novel gimmick here. If scum team all jumped onto one backer and were marked that would be pretty unbalanced. Plus I'm VT so there's no reason for me to be marked. The very fact that the whole set of trainers (four people, not three) were marked indicates to me it was indiscriminate. Unless during the night someone sniffs the piss and determines scumhood or not.

I think we've yet to see all of Cipher or the Mod's tricks.

!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm taking the dog as an Ecco cop and assuming at least one of them is scum from that, as well

*sniff-sniff*

"Paths crossed but whose mask slipped?"

*crouch-prone-aim*

Toalpaz posted:

Well that solidifies my opinion of Caroline = Scumoline.

Like, Riven players weren't new. And voting me for voting her with the whole 'I caught the bully tee hee', meanwhile 2 people almost silently jump on is really strange imo.

*chuckles*

!

Toalpaz posted:

I looked through GX’s posting history, and this is what stands out to me the most if you go through the links. I think AA is suggesting that the thing that GX shouldn’t know is the person behind the Caroline account. Yet GX has constantly hinted at knowing the true person.

Meta knowledge? Maybe, but it could have also come out of scum chat.

I’ve looked through all of RF and it’s all useless fart noises. I think that RF is just coasting and shitposting. The one exception to that is a vote on me for the same reasons Moat made their post, ie: ‘Scum must have jumped on the dog training thing.’ Which isn’t real scum hunting.

Again, calls me scum for supporting a ‘scummy person’. Why wouldn’t you just put a vote on the scummy person you’re talking about RF: ‘Caroline’.

Especially when again, the reasons for training the dog (which like 1/3 of us tried to do), have no scum or town connotations because we don’t know the effect. Scum are actually discouraged from trying this kind of thing. So why didn’t you put a vote on the person you already had a scummy read on?

!!!!

TIME PARADOX

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi AA, what do you think about the ecco cop piss debacle

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sorry, the CURRENTLY ALLEGED THEORIZED ecco cop piss debacle

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*aims directional microphone at Toalpaz's butt*

"Faaaarrrrt."

*rubs chin*

"...I see."

##vote Toalpaz

##unvote

#vote RF

#unvote

#vote GX

#unvote

##vote RF

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Hi AA, what do you think about the ecco cop piss debacle

"I too am a fan of fish when properly prepared. The trouble is getting the gills just right."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think we should follow this madman.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

"I too am a fan of fish when properly prepared. The trouble is getting the gills just right."

"Hate when it gets all red though. Blood, or mercury, or fluoride or something?"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*drops down from overhead air vent*

*CQC INTERROGATION*

AA you're awesome can you keep posting like this even when this game is over

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Aside: whoever hates me is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amoeba102 posted:

Aside: whoever hates me is scum.

!

Toalpaz posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo!

That isn't a code... thats a Cipher!

##vote AA

Heads up I'm throwing this out there so that scum don't catch on and do it to us and say it's an accident. I think being pissed on makes us unloved.

!!!

*CQC FLIP TOSS, BOOT KNIFE TO THROAT*

"WHERE. DID. YOU. GET. YOUR. INTEL."

##unvote
##vote Toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean, to sort of answer what you're insinuating, my opinion has changed. I'm sorry I treat mafia like a live blog, I threw ideas out there.

I said that it's unlikely that scum hopped on because it may have been disadvantages to them. The intent to hop on was neither a town or a scum intent, it would just to have fun.

Then I speculated about the effects of the piss.

Then someone suggested that it could be an Ecco cop, and I agreed. For it to be an Ecco cop that means there was probably scum among us. Which means I can disregard intent for supporting or training, and look for scum among us in the group.

AA, if it wasn't a Ecco cop, it wasn't loud, it wasn't being tracked or watched, what was the piss?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tommunist posted:

This isnt actual content.

You aren't actual content

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oct 14, 2018 1400 HOURS TOALPAZ SUGGESTS LOVE/HATE MECHANIC.

Oct 16, 2018 1748 HOURS AMOEBA REVEALS

Amoeba102 posted:

Fyi i am hated today. Not sure if the vote on me is to reflect that or an actual anonymous vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I visited 2 people last night, and they weren't hated.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You can visit multiple people?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anidav posted:

You can visit multiple people?

Yeah!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Qith a little help you could visit more. Even four.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sounds like you're looking for something or someone rare.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I visited 2 people last night, and they weren't hated.

*chuckles*

"The knowledge you have doesn't have to be indicative of your own abilities, soldier."

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

No I'm just town bus driver. I hear it's common to claim d2 for them, because their role isn't really a power role and it can actually gently caress with town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The way Toalpaz speculated about the piss doesn't feel like they had prior knowledge of a loved/hated role, to me. I think I see what you're fishing for, AA, but you're using the wrong bait.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

No I'm just town bus driver. I hear it's common to claim d2 for them, because their role isn't really a power role and it can actually gently caress with town.

...Hm.

Weird that you'd be a bus driver when my ability to essentially bus drive someone with myself.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not saying it's a solid lock for scummy but it is weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

The way Toalpaz speculated about the piss doesn't feel like they had prior knowledge of a loved/hated role, to me. I think I see what you're fishing for, AA, but you're using the wrong bait.

:thunk:

*chaff grenade*

*sprints off screen for a while*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

2 Town bus drivers is very hosed up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toal why are you claiming that for no reason- whoah I just had deja vu

Toalpaz posted:

I'm just vanilla town trying to make things fun for myself.

Toalpaz posted:

Plus I'm VT so there's no reason for me to be marked.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Toal why are you claiming that for no reason- whoah I just had deja vu

lol well then, gently caress me

##vote Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think it's that weird. You don't have a 'real' bus driving a ability like mine.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Toal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Awaits eagerly the full claim.

• Locked thread