Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I feel like Progress On Demand is weirdly underrated considering it also gives you DEFY and AAW for $8/mo. Progress also has much better turnaround time on getting VODs up than other promotions I know of

hell, AAW's own on demand service is $8/mo, and they put a huge delay on the subscription VODs because they sell them separately for a couple weeks; I think it goes up on Progress On Demand at the same time. no idea what the deal is there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've got enough stuff plugged into my TV now. I keep my computer in a study away from the TV and I don't think it can cast very well. I could rearrange everything but I'm not really keen on doing all that for just the one service.

(Also I'd have to buy a separate service for good women's wrestling unless they started bundling with Stardom or whatever.)

You can cast from your phone as long as there's an app. I mean, part of what I think makes Chromecast so appealing is that even if there isn't an app you can cast from your computer but unless you got good wireless, a wired hookup, or a laptop that might be problematic.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 17, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
also Highspots seems kinda terrible for anything remotely current? they have a weird smattering of big shows for some other promotions with their own services, but when it comes to like PWG and PROGRESS, their last uploads are like a year old

powerbomb.tv seems way better in that regard. their offering is similarly scattershot, but they have a core of Beyond + WWR + Nova Pro that's pretty loving killer. also they have a roku app that's "in beta" but it looks like it's easy to try

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Maxwell Lord posted:

So I’m letting my WWE Network subscription lapse for a bit, what are some good non-WWE services on Roku? Can’t easily do NJPW.

The Pluto tv app has the impact channel which shows tna 24/7 in case you hate yourself and wish to die

titties fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 17, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually used to turn that Pluto channel on in the background when I had a wrestling itch. Most of it was whatever but it was just background. Now i kind of do the same with their Twitch channel. Or some AAA channel that plays stuff from like a decade ago. The Twitch channel is better because you can actually pick and choose stuff and those live events they do are actually kind of fun to watch.

But like that's a selective "I have nothing to do and miss wrestling" thing and not something I'd pay money for.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

The Pluto tv app has the impact channel which shows tna 24/7 in case you hate yourself and wish to die

I've actually watched them a bit, but the problem is A) nowadays, they're just showing Impact episodes from this year, which isn't too bad but I kinda wanna see the trainwrecks, B) oh GOD the way Pluto does commercials is bad

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, switch to Twitch. They show old poo poo all mixed in from the different eras, plus the outside co-sponsored shows they do, and weird rear end original shows. And you can pick archived broadcasts you RW or FF through. Its actually kind of fun and good.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Maxwell Lord posted:

So I’m letting my WWE Network subscription lapse for a bit, what are some good non-WWE services on Roku? Can’t easily do NJPW.

Chikaratopia is on there and I recommend it. Especially since almost all of their shows stream live. More specifically, any show that's at the Wrestle Factory. So far it just means having to wait for Infinite Gauntlet and King of Trios.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

what if... the fans where encouraged to do stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwLfNsVQ93w

???

I know, it's not reasonable, it's a stand in a single stadium solely dedicated to the hardcore fans. but still: actual fandom would be cool, but wrestling is not the stage for this kind of fandom.

Not knowing what I’m seeing here is this some sort of professional rape league?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Numero6 posted:

No mention of the Angelic Diablo?

god

i forgot that terrible name

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Not knowing what I’m seeing here is this some sort of professional rape league?

it's the Borussia Dortmund home stadium during the Champions League and they're on the hunt for the lost cup with the big ears:

I actually don't really know much about the volume of rape accusations in professional football, I haven't been following the sport for a while now.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

it's the Borussia Dortmund home stadium during the Champions League and they're on the hunt for the lost cup with the big ears:

:thunk:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

I actually don't really know much about the volume of rape accusations in professional football, I haven't been following the sport for a while now.
Ronaldo had one recently.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Thank you for the previous answers .

Here is new patch of q's

1) Orton used to do a kick rear end springboard crossbody, where he got very huge air. Why did he stop it and does anybody on roster do it.

2) Why is overdrive everybodys first finisher and why is it so hated?

3) Lil Guido used to do a reverse pedigree type of move (he put his rear end on back of opponents head and sit out) . It looked very cool, does anybody use it anymore?

4).Why doesnt "shooter" /MMA fighter gimmicks never work? Is it because wrestling punches look akward ? Is it the using of wrestling moves? I have always figured that a gimmick of "too violent for MMA" straight killer would draw well..

5).Why Hardys "broken" gimmick did so well and became popular?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheCool69 posted:

4).Why doesnt "shooter" /MMA fighter gimmicks never work? Is it because wrestling punches look akward ? Is it the using of wrestling moves? I have always figured that a gimmick of "too violent for MMA" straight killer would draw well..
my man please check out minoru suzuki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z599JyfXknQ

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

TheCool69 posted:

If you're trying to get people to suspend disbelief that they're watching a real fight, a bunch of references to how this guy is a real fighter are not the greatest idea.

Edit: Which is not to say it has never worked, but I take it you're asking about American wrestling where it's always been kinda weird.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 17, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

TheCool69 posted:

Thank you for the previous answers .

Here is new patch of q's

1) Orton used to do a kick rear end springboard crossbody, where he got very huge air. Why did he stop it and does anybody on roster do it.

2) Why is overdrive everybodys first finisher and why is it so hated?

3) Lil Guido used to do a reverse pedigree type of move (he put his rear end on back of opponents head and sit out) . It looked very cool, does anybody use it anymore?

1. Between his last return and now he has pretty much calmed down on the stuff he does in general. trying to work safer now that he is older
2a. It is to see how well someone can execute moves that look silly and make them look less silly I assume?
2b. Its because of the first part of your question. people don't like the overdrive (of all the this looks dumb and there's no way to do it for real moves the overdrive is one of the dumbest)
3. Not that I know of.
4. answered already
5. It came out during a time when WWE was kinda stale and TNA had nothing else. The hardys made the gimmick and in using it they didn't...TNA it up (though there isn't really much tna could have done to gently caress it up...other than make them lose...which is what wwe did)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I don't know how this happened.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the 'reverse pedigree' just the Unprettier/Pulp Friction?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Minoru Suzuki is pushed as a shooter and is over cause his image as a tough monster is protected something WWE never does as they have to prove their way is the correct way ( see Ric Flair's first WWE run)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the 'reverse pedigree' just the Unprettier/Pulp Friction?

I don't think so its like...I guess it has the right setup but the execution is not reverse pedigree since the opponent still falls face first.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Little Guido's move looks almost exactly the same as how Juice Robinson does it

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Maxwell Lord posted:

For Roku, Highspots is the big one. Tons of back catalog content and current indie footage, lots of shoot interviews both old and new, including Highspots' stuff all going up the same day as the DVD release.

Whoever said they don't have much current is confused or something. Yes, PWG is a year behind, but they have a very specific deal with Highspots where Highspots distributes the DVDs but also gets the whole back catalog for streaming EXCEPT for the last year of shows on a rolling basis. PROGRESS, I believe, is one of many promotions that uses PivotShare's sharing feature to add stuff themselves to Highspots and does so kind of randomly (I don't know if they even have a direct deal). Because Highspots is ostensibly the most successful wrestling Pivotshare, they get a good bit of content that way, not even counting the groups they have direct deals with. For current stuff, they dependably have BAR Wrestling, WHAT, CZW, PWX, the bigger WXW show, various other southern indies, Northeast Wrestling, DEFY, AAW on a delay of a month or two, and a lot more that I'm blanking on. It's a great value.

Powerbomb TV I THINK may still technically be a beta/private channel, but it's easy to set up and is probably the best value for current indie content, including live streams. Beyond Wrestling, Nova Pro, Black Label Pro, Action Wrestling, Scenic City Invitational, ISW, SUP Graps, St. Louis Anarchy, C*4, Alpha 1, various indie lucha libre groups, PWFreedom, and others all put up current content, with some being live. There's also a lot of archival content going back to the late '90s, mainly via the Smart Mark Video deal, from promotions like the FWA, IWA Mid-South, and MAW.

For indie wrestling, those are the go-tos.

I haven't tried Title Match Wrestling Network, but they're picking up a bunch of the better NY/NJ groups like ICW, Battle Club Pro, Wrestle Pro, Wrestlers Lab, and IPW.

The European groups of note all have their own channels that are worth checking out if interested.

PivotShare has Power Slam TV which is the cheapest at $6 and has a solid selection culled from...well, everything, but I'm not sure how much current stuff there is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which would probably be best known as the Unprettier/Killswitch used by Christian.

And Tyler Breeze uses it under the Unprettier name today because of his gimmick. Not often since he's a jobber now, but sometimes.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Aphrodite posted:

Which would probably be best known as the Unprettier/Killswitch used by Christian.

And Tyler Breeze uses it under the Unprettier name today because of his gimmick. Not often since he's a jobber now, but sometimes.

Please refer to it by its proper name: The Kid Krusher.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Aphrodite posted:

I still say he should call it the I'm Prettier :argh:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
people hate the name unprettier i guess, but i always liked it. he smashes your face. it makes you less pretty. it makes total sense.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa posted:

people hate the name unprettier i guess, but i always liked it. he smashes your face. it makes you less pretty. it makes total sense.

Better than the Candy Wrapper

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Speaking of the Unprettier and it's name. Did anyone else take an embarrassingly long time to realise that Juice calling his the Pulp Friction wasn't just a non-sequitur movie reference?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TheCool69 posted:

The meme quality of the first 'Broken' video helped.
As anecdotal evidence, the video was brought to my attention by a friend who had stopped following wrestling years prior, calling it one of the most gloriously ridiculous things ever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Broken Matt Hardy was an complete, but harmless, madman given the freedom to do whatever the hell he felt like.

That is why it ruled.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

What if Matt Hardy came back to the WWE in 2006 to feud with Edge as the Broken Matt Hardy character?
Does that reignite his career?
Or does it create a bizarre tonal whiplash that would make us hate the character.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

What if Matt Hardy came back to the WWE in 2006 to feud with Edge as the Broken Matt Hardy character?
Does that reignite his career?
Or does it create a bizarre tonal whiplash that would make us hate the character.

If Matt Hardy had a remote-control helicopter shoot Edge with fireworks he would have been the biggest star in the history of wrestling.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If Matt Hardy had a remote-control helicopter shoot Edge with fireworks he would have been the biggest star in the history of wrestling.

:hmmyes:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
little guido and juice do what I would call a reverse pedigree...i remembered the impaler wrong as well i forgot that was a elevated trapping ddt.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
What is Meiko Satamura's standing in Japanese wrestling? I wasn't aware of her before the MYC, but I also likely wouldn't have been.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Michael Cole hyped her as the "Living Legend" and "Final Boss" in Japan for a reason. She's been consistently one of the top women's wrestlers for a long time now and has even better matches in Japan than she does in the US.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

spongeh posted:

What is Meiko Satamura's standing in Japanese wrestling? I wasn't aware of her before the MYC, but I also likely wouldn't have been.

DDT gave her their top men's championship.

She's also becoming a regular on the British wrestling scene because British Strong Style are such huge fans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AkumaHokoru posted:

little guido and juice do what I would call a reverse pedigree...i remembered the impaler wrong as well i forgot that was a elevated trapping ddt.

Also Christian didn't do that, Edge did after Gangrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
During the height of the Monday Night Wars, who had the drunker fans?