Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Rhyperior when

I’m assuming at some point the switch flicks and you just evolve the Pokémon, assuming you have candy. Knowing niantic, probably after Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It seems like the spawn rate for the gen 4 starters increased noticeably during the evening. Maybe they realized that only being able to find Bidoof, gen 4 Pidgey, and the cricket was like the least hype release they could have possibly done.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I just caught the best Bidoof ever, stats of 0 0 0. Bidding starts at $10,000.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Someone apparently took offense, because Slowking 420, and only Slowking, got knocked out of the gym after 2 days and 9 hours. That, or someone with an alt account from an opposing team decided to take advantage, because a Tyranitar just went up 10 minutes after. My girlfriend's Snorlax is still intact, so I'll see how long that stays in there before someone finally knocks it out.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Pomplamoose posted:

You forgot:

• Luvdisk → Alomomola

As nice as that would be, they don't. Not to mention Alomomola is gen 5 so even if they were, it doesn't fit my list.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pretty sure that was a joke, boss

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Pez posted:

Bidoof is adorable and will catch them all and put them in gyms and name them George

and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and pat him and pet him and and rub him and caress him

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I thought it was but I assume most people playing Pogo don't know most Pokemon and I don't want them to get fooled. I took the bait.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
sent an ex raid invite to a friend who was coming from out of town, the invite never showed up in her inventory despite it showing that I've invited her on my account. a real lovely bug

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

The free healing from the cp rebalance thing revived all my loving high iv Aggrons so I have to go get them knocked out again, or face the slight inconvenience of swapping them out every battle. :arghfist:

No I won't transfer them, they have high ivs!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's the point of a new thread?

And also, I'm confused about this part in the op: 'Pokémon in a gym are organized by the order in which they were placed by their owner. Go ahead, put a Pidgey in slot #6 behind a Blissey, Dragonite, Tyranittar, Gyrados, and Ampharos. You'll be glad you did!'

What does this mean? :downsgun:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

shut up blegum posted:

And also, I'm confused about this part in the op: 'Pokémon in a gym are organized by the order in which they were placed by their owner. Go ahead, put a Pidgey in slot #6 behind a Blissey, Dragonite, Tyranittar, Gyrados, and Ampharos. You'll be glad you did!'

The old gyms from launch ordered things by CP, from highest to lowest, in a king of the hill kind of thing. If you dropped a lovely pokemon in a gym, it was lowest on the totem pole and would be the first to be knocked out, or shaved out by someone on your team with an alt account/friend on another team who would knock it out to open up space in the gym. Yes, people still do this, and nobody knows why when gyms are so loving easy to take.

Anyway, now if you drop trash in the 6th slot, somebody will have to knock out everything else in front, regardless of how lovely your drop is.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

shut up blegum posted:

Old one got full of bad sinnoh puns.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I already miss the time when it took effort to find and evolve the different mons. Now it looks like you can do one loop of the town and have a full Dex. I even saw wild Weezing and Muk, those to me ages to find enough candy for back in the day, and finding them in the wild was unthinkable.

The new starters are everywhere now and I can probably get the fully evolved ones today without trying, for the first generation starters it was a late game achievement to evolve them!

Entropist fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 17, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Vegastar posted:

Anyway, now if you drop trash in the 6th slot, somebody will have to knock out everything else in front, regardless of how lovely your drop is.

Yeah ok, but what's the point of dropping a trash pokemon in that spot? Does it earn more gold or something like that?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah ok, but what's the point of dropping a trash pokemon in that spot? Does it earn more gold or something like that?

Nah, there's really no point unless you're still super starved for healing somehow, in which case you can throw garbage and transfer it instead of reviving it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

put both hands in posted:

So is Bidoof gonna be like the new Zigzagoon, with those fuckers being everywhere?

Got my first Chatot, someone said it's a new regional?

Don't you dare compare Tumour Beaver to TanOwOki, the only raccoon clinically demonstrated to cure 9 out of 10 berry glitches.

Bidoof is stupid and bad and fills me with a rage I usually reserve for G5 Pokemon and not-Pikachus who aren't Mimikyu.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 17, 2018

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Entropist posted:

I already miss the time when it took effort to find and evolve the different mons. Now it looks like you can do one loop of the town and have a full Dex. I even saw wild Weezing and Muk, those to me ages to find enough candy for back in the day, and finding them in the wild was unthinkable.

The new starters are everywhere now and I can probably get the fully evolved ones today without trying, for the first generation starters it was a late game achievement to evolve them!

This is a bizarre take to me. I've been playing a lot in the last month and I haven't even come close to finishing any region's pokedex, even just for Seens. I played for three hours last night, walking around a giant university campus with Incense on for most of that, and I have 8 pokes in my Sinnohdex.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I think some people forget that not every town is a huge city that has a pokestop every half a block and thousands of spawns. We rode around for 2 hours last night just to get 4 new Gen 4 Dex entries, and are nowhere near evolving anything even using pineap berries constantly

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Plastik posted:

This is a bizarre take to me. I've been playing a lot in the last month and I haven't even come close to finishing any region's pokedex, even just for Seens. I played for three hours last night, walking around a giant university campus with Incense on for most of that, and I have 8 pokes in my Sinnohdex.
They just changed the spawn patterns a few days ago, so in the past month it was different. I'm complaining about this new, recent situation. And they increased the Sinnoh starter spawn frequency late last night.
Also, not that many Sinnoh mons were released so 8 is not bad in a few hours.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Entropist posted:

For new players jumping in it's pretty overwhelming trying to complete dexes with over 480+ pokemon being available once gen4 is fully out. The free release of 'mon that had no good right with being rare is a good thing to get people up to speed on not having to find a single Grimer after 4 months and having to walk the rest of the candies off.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thread title bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shut up blegum posted:

BGrifter posted:

Pushed that thread title through in the name of Jesus like it’s Kavanaugh facing multiple rape allegations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Entropist posted:

Get hosed. Old gen stuff that's comparitively rare should be easy to find . And for stats, my alt account I made 3 months ago has a mere 280 in Dex (so missing 100 pokes) despite me playing on it five days a week while I walk two miles through downtown Chicago. Its insane to think stuff like miltank or Lapras or any of the others that took a year to get should still take new players years, especially without scanners

I got 3 new mons yesterday in hours in downtown Chicago + a half hour taking a slow train through it. Maybe you're in some magical spot but these things don't spawn the same everywhere. Plus, the lack of starter spawns is straight garbage. My wife still doesn't have the gen3 starters all evolved and she's a regular player, and my alt is no where close (and can't get celebi due to not having the gen2 ones either)

I'm glad the days are gone where the best way to get Dragonite and tyranitars where during 15 minutes of the start of the water/rock event they were bugged and the few ultra dedicated people who didn't have work or family commitments got to stockpile them and no one else did

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 17, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Entropist posted:

Your redtext is definitely accurate

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yeah being able to encounter almost everything is a good thing and it's weird to think otherwise

I mean there's like 500 species if you're new, plus finding good IVs/moves, and shinies. There's a ton to do unless you've been sperging from the beginning.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Bidoof is stupid and bad and fills me with a rage I usually reserve for G5 Pokemon and not-Pikachus who aren't Mimikyu.

Pikachu is the worst Pokémon.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Kheldarn posted:

Pikachu with Yet Another Hat is the worst pokemon, because it fills up my pokemon storage and I have to trash them individually, with 2 confirmations.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Pokemon Go: Gotta catch 'em all in my back yard

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Louisgod posted:

For new players jumping in it's pretty overwhelming trying to complete dexes with over 480+ pokemon being available once gen4 is fully out. The free release of 'mon that had no good right with being rare is a good thing to get people up to speed on not having to find a single Grimer after 4 months and having to walk the rest of the candies off.

Just 40 km's more and I'll be able to evolve my Vigoroth into a Slaking and if previous experience is any guide it means that November or December's community day will be Slakoth. It's what happened to me with Dratini, Mareep, Charmander, and Larvitar.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wheany posted:

Pikachu with Yet Another Hat is the worst pokemon, because it fills up my pokemon storage and I have to trash them individually, with 2 confirmations.

Do what I do and evolve them into Raichu with a Fancy Hat, because Raichu is the superior 'chu, now and forever.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

put both hands in posted:

The pokedex entries for the new pokes I've caught are extremely :effort:

I noticed this too. They also stopped reiterating the Pokémon name in the description which makes it seem off.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kheldarn posted:

Pikachu is the worst and every generation's not-Pikachu is even worst-er except Mimikyu.

The only good Pikachu is one that has been evolved into a Raichu. :colbert:

Silver Falcon posted:

Do what I do and evolve them into Raichu with a Fancy Hat, because Raichu is the superior 'chu, now and forever.

Spooky Hat Raichu belongs in gyms all year round. It's always Halloween somewhere.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Themata posted:

Referring back to my Slowking post:

Yes, it is! To further update:

Still not knocked out. :catstare:

Also noticed someone decided to fully heal one of the Pokemon in the gym, so...

:shrug: Ok.
My Slowpoke's CP is the lowest it'll go now too afaik, so I guess that makes it Slowking 420 of the Mountain until someone dethrones it?
Seriously, all I need to do is drive like 20 minutes and I can find a gym where my Pokemon will stay for 3 weeks.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pomplamoose posted:

You forgot:

• Luvdisk → Alomomola

The fact that this isn't actually true is still the biggest bullshit decision Game Freak has ever made. :argh:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Pushed that thread title through in the name of Jesus like it’s Kavanaugh facing multiple rape allegations.

And even despite the most amount of disapproval of the thread title, it gets a lovely, cutesy "(haha, we used it anyway)" attached after the fact.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Willsun posted:

And even despite the most amount of disapproval of the thread title, it gets a lovely, cutesy "(haha, we used it anyway)" attached after the fact.

Hey man, gotta do whatever it takes to overturn pokemon abortions!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Dear Fake James,

Why my storage is always near full:

Raids:
I participate in one car raids, so I have to have the best counters to maximize efficiency. I usually have 3 battle parties preset for weather, and raid boss movesets. This accounts for most multiples of the same Pokemon.
I maxed out six Gyarados for a tourney I participated in only for Gyarados to be replaced by Kyogre like a month later.

Gyms:
Everyone should have 6 maxed out Machamps by now. Then assorted other counters. And then a fleet of Blissey, Chansey and Snorlax to stick in gyms.

Living dex:
I had a scanner, so I have hundos of almost everything. Multiple hundos. I think I'm holding fifteen 100% Magikarp. I like that I can fill in a role of pretty much every gym theme imaginable.

Gender dex:
Yeah, that too.

Shiny dex:
I can't part with my shinies.

Lucky dex:
I've transferred a lot of these, but you can only transfer one at a time. I neglect to transfer bad ones right away.

Legacy moves:
I have a completely useless Starmie with Quick Attack and Psybeam I don't know what to do with yet. Plenty more Pokemon like this.

Pikachu hats:
Stupid stupid stupid shits. But I have to have one of every hat to stick in a gym.

Unown:
The scanner was fruitful, so I have one of almost every letter. I've had a bunch of events near me, so I have a lot of duplicates.

Community day Pokes:
Still have way too many Sunglass Squirtle and Frenzy Plant Meganium at the moment.

Trade pokes:
As long as I don't need to unfriend someone, I'll hold some nice Pokemon for trade. I also trade Pikachu, small rats and large karp with some friends so we hold them for each other until we play together.

Waiting for double candy:
Biggest reason I have no space left. So many Legendaries I'm waiting to transfer.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife needs 3 friends for the Celebi quest. She's already in the spreadsheet but if anyone new can add her, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

5897 7357 4995

e: man that was fast, she got her 3 already. Thanks again!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Dr Tran posted:

Dear Fake James,

Why my storage is always near full:

Raids:
I participate in one car raids, so I have to have the best counters to maximize efficiency. I usually have 3 battle parties preset for weather, and raid boss movesets. This accounts for most multiples of the same Pokemon.
I maxed out six Gyarados for a tourney I participated in only for Gyarados to be replaced by Kyogre like a month later.

Gyms:
Everyone should have 6 maxed out Machamps by now. Then assorted other counters. And then a fleet of Blissey, Chansey and Snorlax to stick in gyms.

Living dex:
I had a scanner, so I have hundos of almost everything. Multiple hundos. I think I'm holding fifteen 100% Magikarp. I like that I can fill in a role of pretty much every gym theme imaginable.

Gender dex:
Yeah, that too.

Shiny dex:
I can't part with my shinies.

Lucky dex:
I've transferred a lot of these, but you can only transfer one at a time. I neglect to transfer bad ones right away.

Legacy moves:
I have a completely useless Starmie with Quick Attack and Psybeam I don't know what to do with yet. Plenty more Pokemon like this.

Pikachu hats:
Stupid stupid stupid shits. But I have to have one of every hat to stick in a gym.

Unown:
The scanner was fruitful, so I have one of almost every letter. I've had a bunch of events near me, so I have a lot of duplicates.

Community day Pokes:
Still have way too many Sunglass Squirtle and Frenzy Plant Meganium at the moment.

Trade pokes:
As long as I don't need to unfriend someone, I'll hold some nice Pokemon for trade. I also trade Pikachu, small rats and large karp with some friends so we hold them for each other until we play together.

Waiting for double candy:
Biggest reason I have no space left. So many Legendaries I'm waiting to transfer.

hell yeah