Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't be ridiculous. Joss Whedon has done some lovely things but nothing near the magnitude of a Louis CK pervwank

X-O posted:

her annoying step brother

How dare you, Felix is the best bro :colbert:

precision posted:

I thought we'd agreed not to say "TatiMas" anymore

The preferred name is Tati-chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Henker posted:

Watched the first couple episodes of Curious Creations of Christine McConnell on Netflix, and it's so tonally bizarre I'm not fully sure what to make of it. Like it's ostensibly a cooking show with a charming gothic theme, but there's also a narrative to it with puppets? The cooking portion is worthless from an educational standpoint, since the majority of the stuff being made is pretty high level with fairly specialized tools required. Large portions of the procedures are skipped entirely glossed over like that "rest of the loving owl" comic. The puppets kind of remind me of Jim Henson productions or kid's shows from the 80s/90s like Under the Umbrella Tree, but the puppets are all complete sex and murder fiends.

Been watching this, and I think most of these problems come from the editors loving up and editing the show for pacing rather than for information, which is a terrible idea for this format. Despite being a netflix series, it's obvious they're angling to get picked up by actual networks since every episode is standard half hour tv show length.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I tried watching 'Camping' or whatever on HBO but goddamn is unlikeable Amy Santiago annoying and I had to groan when Tennant referenced Doctor Who

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of Roseanne (maybe as a kid? It wasn’t particularly big in the UK when I was growing up and I think it was on a channel I struggled to get), but thinking of watching at least the new show out of curiosity. I know roughly what happens in the season finale, but worth watching anyway for comparison and continuity?

I watched the last season of Roseanne itself and it was pretty funny yeah, outside of some of the worse Trump poo poo. Classic multicam writing by great performers. I’m looking forward to checking out The Conners.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bentacos posted:

Has there been a bathtub full of piss yet?

you cant have a bathtub full of piss the amonia in the air would hurt everybodys eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I tried watching 'Camping' or whatever on HBO but goddamn is unlikeable Amy Santiago annoying and I had to groan when Tennant referenced Doctor Who

The Who reference was beneath the show, but I felt sorry for Jennifer Garner's character. She's horrible, but she seems really fragile and even a bit scared.

I get the sense that she's one of those people who are so rigid because they've been taught to be hard on themselves, but I guess we'll see.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

The preferred name is Tati-chan

I'm partial to Maslany-senpai

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I watched the last season of Roseanne itself and it was pretty funny yeah, outside of some of the worse Trump poo poo. Classic multicam writing by great performers. I’m looking forward to checking out The Conners.

I'm guessing the Trump factor will get dialed down now that Roseanne is gone, this can really only be an improvement. The Hogan Family lasted what, three or four seasons after Valerie Harper left?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

It actually fit into the story line from last season. It didn’t come out of nowhere.

I don't need to know what happens in the back half of that season do I? I quit where like everyone else did lol.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean it's not some deep serialized story telling. But the last few episodes were decent. The new show is to have zero politics though which is good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

IRQ posted:

I don't need to know what happens in the back half of that season do I? I quit where like everyone else did lol.

There's a flood and it's declared a FEMA emergency which means they'll get money that Dan can use to fix the flooded basement himself and they can now pay for Roseanne's knee surgery. I have never been involved with a FEMA disaster but I'm pretty sure they don't pay out that fast though?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McSpanky posted:

I'm guessing the Trump factor will get dialed down now that Roseanne is gone, this can really only be an improvement. The Hogan Family lasted what, three or four seasons after Valerie Harper left?

Yeah, I didn't even realize that it went through three different names until recently. I just remembered it as the Hogan Family, and their mom was dead, and their house burnt down at some point.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I watched episode seven of the purge TV show because it was right after smackdown. It felt like it could’ve been episode two. Nobody is updating the Wikipedia page is for the TV show specific purge wiki, plus there’s no thread, so I get a sense that nobody else is watching it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Anyone else watch Hulu's The First? All the reviews say it's too much of a slow burn and I quite like it. I'm on episode 5 out of 8.

Gaunab posted:

They finally got rid of the commercials?
I cannot stress how that extra $4 is worth it to get rid of commercials.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SPIN/status/1052566179586498560

Another Courtney Love murder conspiracy theory

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I kinda liked The First. It is way, way too slow and the story of Sean Penn and his junkie daughter is the most boring, cliché poo poo I have seen in a very long time but I really liked Natasha McElhone's character a lot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Lmao what the gently caress

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alec Baldwin's new talkshow is going about as well as Chevy Chase's did (0.4, tied univision) and TWD had it's lowest ratings ever so

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Popelmon posted:

I really liked Natasha McElhone's character a lot.

I agree. She's pretty great in this. I wonder/don't care how they're gonna replace her in Designated Survivor AKA the show I meant to finish watching but there's so much better TV on and I couldn't even be bothered to finish the first season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Alec Baldwin's new talkshow is going about as well as Chevy Chase's did (0.4, tied univision)

I watched about 10 minutes of that and it was insanely boring. It was like Inside the Actor's Studio but lame

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Alec Baldwin's new talkshow is going about as well as Chevy Chase's did (0.4, tied univision) and TWD had it's lowest ratings ever so

How has Walking Dead gone from one of the most-watched shows around to getting its lowest ratings ever? I don't watch it so I don't know if they've maybe killed off a popular character or something?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

How has Walking Dead gone from one of the most-watched shows around to getting its lowest ratings ever? I don't watch it so I don't know if they've maybe killed off a popular character or something?

Andrew Lincoln is leaving, I bet that has some to do with it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

Last season was incredibly stupid and bad. I think Andrew Lincoln leaving soon would drive ratings up, not down, but even all the RICK GRIMES FINAL EPISODES advertising apparently couldn't save it

There have been a couple okay things in the new season, mostly just Maggie becoming :clint: as hell, but for the most part the show has just become super lovely

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

Last season was incredibly stupid and bad.

Just like every season then?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I know I lost my taste for it after the Season 7 opener. I'm not the squeamish type, I watch plenty of violent media, but that episode was just so excessively cruel that I felt ill afterwards.

I'll probably catch up on Netflix at some point, but it's no longer a show I feel I need to stay current on.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I checked out The Conners and man John Goodman looks like he aged 10 years since the previous season :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hakkesshu posted:

I checked out The Conners and man John Goodman looks like he aged 10 years since the previous season :(

I think he'd look better if he didn't dye his hair. It looks horrible.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

precision posted:

I watched about 10 minutes of that and it was insanely boring. It was like Inside the Actor's Studio but lame

I got the impression he was trying to do something like the Dick Cavett show only not good because he's not Dick Cavett?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Maggie is leaving this season too because the actor signed up to star in some FBI show while Norman Reedus is going to be paid $20 million per season as the new lead. I like Norman Reedus but I've never seen him lead any movie/show and he kinda grunts out all his lines.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 17, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Maggie is leaving this season too because the actor signed up to star in some FBI show while Norman Reedus is going to be paid $20 million per season as the new lead.

It's 100% certain she is leaving. She asked for Andrew Lincoln money and AMC told her gently caress no.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

Just like every season then?

Season 8 was bad even by the low standards of TWD.

And yeah Maggie is also leaving so death is stranding Darryl and Carol as the only OG cast members. RIP

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

This season has been OK so far even when they pulled a z-nation gag of logs murdering zombies due to Rick shooting a rope.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Lmao what the gently caress

hahaha. That loving bitch just won't go away.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

How odd, I just put Live Through This in my car. She's a terrible singer but that album owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first Hole album is great because the songs were largely written by Billy Corgan. The second one is great because they were largely written by Kurt Cobain. After that, woof, the band got really bad.

Kinda sad that Frances appears to have taken after her mom

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

precision posted:

The first Hole album is great because the songs were largely written by Billy Corgan. The second one is great because they were largely written by Kurt Cobain. After that, woof, the band got really bad.

So you're saying she killed her husband

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

precision posted:

I still listen to both of those albums, they hold up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Season 8 was bad even by the low standards of TWD.

And yeah Maggie is also leaving so
death is stranding Darryl and Carol as the only OG cast members. RIP

:thunk:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^ hahaha

precision posted:

Shouldn’t this be the other way round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's insanely slow for a popcorn show, basically.