Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

there are only four folders in a file system that matter: Documents, Applications, Downloads, Desktop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rjmccall posted:

reminder that sagebrush is a gimmick poster who occasionally breaks character to talk about being a professor

i wouldn't say i'm a gimmick poster -- i just have to be thoughtful and careful and professional all day long so i need an outlet for the shitposting urge.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i wouldn't say i'm a gimmick poster -- i just have to be thoughtful and careful and professional all day long so i need an outlet for the shitposting urge.

sagebush is the professor and this thread is their office hours

i dont understand anything and i didnt come to class waddup can i get like a B-

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i can't give you any grades. you can only earn what you work for

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i can't give you any grades. you can only earn what you work for

0.0 on rate my professor

still dopping a 🌶 tho ;)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

office hours before midterms and people are here? doesn’t seem very realistic

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im pretty sure i schmoozed my way into a 15% swing in my final GPA once

15% total between curve and schmoozing but id like to think that i schmoozed well

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

i did not suck them off

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

my whole life is fraud

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Skim Milk posted:

still dopping a 🌶 tho ;)

so are you the student who invited me to a valentine's day party or the one who sent me an email complimenting my hair

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

so are you the student who invited me to a valentine's day party or the one who sent me an email complimenting my hair

it was the homemade goaste

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

the email is heckin' weird unless you have incredible hair, then only regular weird

the party thing feels like regular stupid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Skim Milk posted:

the party thing feels like regular stupid

it was at a sex toy store (i didn't go)

and i do have incredible hair, yes

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it was at a sex toy store (i didn't go)

oh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
not abusing your position to elicit sexual favours from students?

hmm... doesn't sound like any professor i've ever heard of.

something doesn't add up here chief

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

uh is a sex toy store a common venue for a Valentine’s Day party in the Bay Area? I’d think you’d mention that in the first post

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

infernal machines posted:

not abusing your position to elicit sexual favours from students?

hmm... doesn't sound like any professor i've ever heard of.

something doesn't add up here chief

yeah! im trynna get that dece B

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i try not to reveal too much information online. half my personal posts are studded with lies to throw people off. (it really was at a sex toy store though)

i don't know if that is common around here

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

sage are you a poli sci professor because i have one who has incredible hair

that man is the only man i'm gay for

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

SRQ posted:

sage are you a poli sci professor because i have one who has incredible hair

that man is the only man i'm gay for

its ok. we're all gay for sage brush

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sagebrush posted:

:allears:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Skim Milk posted:

yeah! im trynna get that dece B

you're gonna have to settle for the easy D

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I love this professor like, I'm at 400 level seminars now.

it's amazing, just sitting there as peers basically shitposting politically irl and trashing this book we're reading, talking about our papers, we all swear like sailors. insulting irl politicians and people more respected than we ever will be (not the prof tho that mans a genius)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

SRQ posted:

I love this professor like, I'm at 400 level seminars now.

it's amazing, just sitting there as peers basically shitposting politically irl and trashing this book we're reading, talking about our papers, we all swear like sailors. insulting irl politicians and people more respected than we ever will be (not the prof tho that mans a genius)

yeah but hows the hair

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the homepod doesn’t even sound good. maybe if you’ve never heard a real speaker before?

the play 5 sounds way better

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sorry op, but all the tech blogs were just creaming themselves over the spectacular sound quality of the homepod. it must be god's honest truth

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Last Chance posted:

eh, kinda overselling windows 10 when it's not even out of beta yet

beta tested in the future

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Chris Knight posted:

omnigraffle is way better than Visio fyi

so why do my diagrams look bad

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

make flowcharts in illustrator

wow illustrator is expensive. office is like 9 bucks a month.

lua
Jun 16, 2013
my $1600 telephone fails to make phone calls about 1/3 of the time

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lua posted:

is that because of your $1,600 phone or your $1,200/year cell service?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

lua posted:

good. gently caress phone calls, no I don’t want to drop everything to talk to you right now about whether I’m entitled to compensation for a hypothetical accident that wasn’t my fault

lua
Jun 16, 2013
with it and no headphones while charging I spend less time in teleconference hell so it’s actually very good

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

i'm the student that left you a message at midnight before the test because the toilet overflowed and got poop water on my notes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

I don't think anyone works on visio for windows either.

my dad uses it to plan gardening and furniture

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I meant on the development side. loads of people use it every day but its not great software.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

more like clueless hardware phil

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Shaggar posted:

I meant on the development side. loads of people use it every day but its not great software.

yeah windows is real bad

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

infernal machines posted:

why are you so obsessed with janitoring your files? you don't need to know where your files are, they just need to be somewhere accessible. this is the endgame of apple's metadata fetish, they actually succeeded on ios before walking it back with the files app.

sometimes you need to work on the same file with more than one program and knowing where your files are sure helps

i remember when it was impossible to add a photo to an email if you started in mail, you had to start in the photos app and "share" from there

if you think that's "succeeding" then maybe you need to work up to one of those OLPCs specially designed for first graders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that has been precisely apple's strategy since launching ios tho.

you don't need to know anything about your files, the app/os knows the details, you just worry about doing the thing you wanted to do with them. don't get lovely with me over apple's fisher-price UX model, that's not my doing.