Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

Ah yes Mark Strong, king of blasé

I meant the text not the delivery. “Sometimes..........you hafta fight to save what you love.” Gee that isn’t the thousandth time I’ve heard a variation of that “truism” in the last 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

Ah yes Mark Strong, king of blasé

Man, did you ever play Total War: Rome 2? They somehow hosed that up with him.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thanks for the Scout gun suggestions, playing the class went from miserable to a lot of fun real quick

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Sometimes poo poo just sucks https://streamable.com/07coe

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

lmao that bayonet charge

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQW0C1wI3c

So you can't set off your own tripwire mines... unless you open a door into them.

SeanBeansShako posted:

The other day:

'Hmmm, I need to get a single service star for this thing....'

*After playing a map with it*

'Hahhaa, nope!'

I kind of fell in love with it while I was doing that assignment. BA-BA-BA-BA-BANG! [long reload]

I still use the 1906 sniper often. I even have a service star with it now.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 19, 2018

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
More power to you, I don't have the patience for it with this games combat. I got more kills with my melee weapon/pistol combo now.

Sad really, It has some really nice looking animations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

afkmacro posted:

Sometimes poo poo just sucks https://streamable.com/07coe

Reminds me the time a medic climbed out of a second floor window and bayoneted someone on the street, on the spot. :dice:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Delacroix posted:

Reminds me the time a medic climbed out of a second floor window and bayoneted someone on the street, on the spot. :dice:

gently caress how did you do that? mine was a friend cheesing it by shooting a wall 4 times so he loaded individual bullets, he found it hilarious. (each bullet counted as a resupply).

Any idea why battlefield forces shadowplay to record at 1920*1080 on a 1920*1200 display? No other game does that

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

gently caress how did you do that? mine was a friend cheesing it by shooting a wall 4 times so he loaded individual bullets, he found it hilarious. (each bullet counted as a resupply).

Pouches & crates and being the only competent support running up and down the frontline resupplying everyone. The only reason I didn't hit a thousand was because rank 150s started stacking the team. Resupplies inevitably reach saturation point when there's a bazillion supports sitting on mortars and crates amongst the wookies and Liu medics in a linear meat grinder.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You got it legit? gently caress man. Here i was proud of my consistant 150ish highlights.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That elite with the twin magazine SMG is nuts when you have someone healing and supplying you.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

That elite with the twin magazine SMG is nuts when you have someone healing and supplying you.

Got a 27 kill steak with that stupid loving kit yesterday by just humping corners and not over extending. If you burst the range on that thing is stupid

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

underage at the vape shop posted:

You got it legit? gently caress man. Here i was proud of my consistant 150ish highlights.

When this game was fresh I was regularly getting about 150-200 resupplies without trying by following goonswarms around. It's amazing at how hungry a goonswarm is for bullet hoagies (and how much damage an entire team of goons can do when properly supplied). Of course having that many goons around helped partially because I knew there would actually be a medic with an actual revive tool in mumble nearby so I could get back to chucking ammo pouches at people's heads ASAP.

Man part of me wants to get into this game again now that I have a computer that can run it because I need an action fix, but all the unlocks and such in today's BF games kinda intimidates me as well which means I'm sitting here waiting for BF V to come out after it got pushed back.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
It was on sale for $5 not too long ago, not sure now. I picked it up probably 2 weeks ago and have been having a decent time, getting mad at pubs aside

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Battlefield 4 but on steam and without destructibility looking decent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yP6FFp64hs&t=331s

Well they finally launched it and people can't connect to the servers and thus the reviews are bombing and some people have spent more than 2 hours just trying to connect so they can't return it

:thumbsup:

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 20, 2018

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Fart Car '97 posted:

Got a 27 kill steak with that stupid loving kit yesterday by just humping corners and not over extending. If you burst the range on that thing is stupid

I just watched a guy go like 70-0 with the HMG and a guy healing him.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Ww3 footage has looked good when people could actually connect, hopefully they fix that poo poo soon.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

The United States posted:

Battlefield 4 but on steam and without destructibility looking decent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yP6FFp64hs&t=331s

Well they finally launched it and people can't connect to the servers and thus the reviews are bombing and some people have spent more than 2 hours just trying to connect so they can't return it

:thumbsup:

the movement speed seems super slow and the aiming seems floaty. Is there even recoil? The levels also look big and really empty. Otherwise it looks generally alright. It's hard to tell. I wouldnt mind giving it a try sometime.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Overall: Ross
Old School: SMLE
Hipster: Vetterli-Vitali
Big Man: Martini-Henry
Crazy Man: Russian 1895 Trench

every one of these owns but the martini henry is the best one because of taht sound

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Plan Z posted:

Man, did you ever play Total War: Rome 2? They somehow hosed that up with him.

Naw, but I should have

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Been having a lot of fun on Sinai recently with a buddy. Our current flawless plan is to open every game by having me beeline to G on a horse, get off and have my buddy spawn and grab the tank hunter, and then bringing both over to the dunes on our team's side of D. With a cav running interference and dropping ammo and health for him, the tank hunter is unstoppable on that map. We basically spend the latter half of every game with a good 5-6 enemy players dropping literally everything just to kill him, and getting repeatedly lanced and/or having their vehicle blown up before they can even get close.

Also I did this last night :madmax:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigheartedDrearyGallowaycow-mobile.mp4

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

You can cut out the middle man and grab tank hunter as cav. The mobility and saddle pouches of the horse is exactly what the tank hunter needs to be immortal.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

Naw, but I should have

He voices the advisor in it and he's so monotone.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I play Verdun for this

https://streamable.com/fklcw

Actually got up to 32 kills in one life but the rest were spread out one off kills.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The automatico trench is very quickly becoming one of my favorite guns. I didn't realize how easy playing assault could be.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

afkmacro posted:

I play Verdun for this

Actually got up to 32 kills in one life but the rest were spread out one off kills.

The trench raider is the one kit I never seem to be able to pick up.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I usually have to camp the raider kits if I actually want one. Also dang Afkmacro you are one of the few goons I remember from bad company 2 days melting face. Probably the most fun I've ever had with a shooter was playing BC2 with the goons.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

There are two truths in this world:
You will never get the trench raider kit and you will never unlock the wine bottle.

(At least for me)

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The automatico trench is very quickly becoming one of my favorite guns. I didn't realize how easy playing assault could be.

Literally the first time I used the gun I absolutely tore poo poo up and someone in chat called me an autist. It’s easy mode. That said I rarely use it and mostly prefer the MP18 and Ribeyrolles.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

It’s my favorite, got a decent pistol and a med crate.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I usually have to camp the raider kits if I actually want one. Also dang Afkmacro you are one of the few goons I remember from bad company 2 days melting face. Probably the most fun I've ever had with a shooter was playing BC2 with the goons.

Yeah dude some of my best goon memories are from those days. Peak wook wook.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Been having a lot of fun on Sinai recently with a buddy. Our current flawless plan is to open every game by having me beeline to G on a horse, get off and have my buddy spawn and grab the tank hunter, and then bringing both over to the dunes on our team's side of D. With a cav running interference and dropping ammo and health for him, the tank hunter is unstoppable on that map. We basically spend the latter half of every game with a good 5-6 enemy players dropping literally everything just to kill him, and getting repeatedly lanced and/or having their vehicle blown up before they can even get close.

Also I did this last night :madmax:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigheartedDrearyGallowaycow-mobile.mp4

This is beautiful. I can't stop watching it. Please tell me you got rage chat?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

afkmacro posted:

I play Verdun for this

same

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
also goddamn you hit that medic from like 7 feet away, i have no idea how that hit. im gonna miss elite classes

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Even killing elite classes is fun because everyone shoots them instead of bayonet charging them so everyone's scattering or dying and then you come bursting over the hill with a scream and get them like some god drat hero (unless they're that SMG elite in which case you're just as dead).

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

90% of my experience with trench raider is waiting five metres away for the pickup icon to disappear and shanking the person before they get to use it. I've picked up the kit maybe ten times because I'm perpetually fearful that someone will do the same to me.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 25, 2018

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Frontlines is an absolute garbage mode this week.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Delacroix posted:

You can cut out the middle man and grab tank hunter as cav. The mobility and saddle pouches of the horse is exactly what the tank hunter needs to be immortal.

I just got to do this and it's the best poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Its by far my favorite weapon in the game and the tears u get in chat are a sweet bonus. Its strange using a gun for a whole map and never ADSing. Once u get a feel for the hipfire, u can get consistent 40m+ kills with it

Unrelated, but im very proud of myself for getting a squad revive, squad resupply, and AT rocket gun tank kill in like 30 seconds in the same life the other day. Dont forget that u can and should pickup kits from the ground guys!