Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

lol @ home depot

it's all those poor succulents they murder by overwatering.

so many sad, rotted lolas

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My costco started carrying Bulgogi Potstickers and THEY'RE loving AMAZING

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

FilthyImp posted:

I’ve gone through like four bags. They had kimchi ones too, but only briefly.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FilthyImp posted:

Can do Mandu!

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
How do you cook those bulgogi mandu without destroying your kitchen and pans? I can cook the lingling ones and it's a grease explosion, but these take it to a whole other level with the sugary filling. The directions don't say anything about adding water like the other ones, but should I? I even tried baking them in the oven but that just made them stick even worse.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Basic potsticker method is to put some oil in a nonstick pan and heat it up, put the frozen potstickers in and fry the bottoms til they change color, dump in some water and put on a lid and cook it until all the water evaporates, uncover and let the bottoms fry in the residual oil until crisp.

The final stage has sputtering so put one of those mesh splatter guards over the pan.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hakimashou posted:

Basic potsticker method is to put some oil in a nonstick pan and heat it up, put the frozen potstickers in and fry the bottoms til they change color, dump in some water and put on a lid and cook it until all the water evaporates, uncover and let the bottoms fry in the residual oil until crisp.

The final stage has sputtering so put one of those mesh splatter guards over the pan.

I like to steam them straight from frozen in one of those basket steamers then put them in a hot nonstick pan with a little oil to crisp the bottoms. No sputtering this way.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I eat them frozen and heat them internally with the Wim Hof method.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they have too few locations cuz they didn't join in the orgy of leveraging every other brick and mortar store did in the early 2000's to expand harder (or they didn't join in as much, rather)

which is why their financial position is strong af and most of those brick and mortar stores are wasting away from debt service

Yeah, during the 2008 recession they only closed two stores, odd “Costco Home” locations that only sold furniture. Those employees were transferred to other stores if they wanted so minimal job loss.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

I buy those all the time

I put them into the egg drop soup I make usually

I used to live in an area with a ton of Asian markets and one of the most consistently good products were the frozen dumplings, there were whole freezer aisles of them in a million iterations, america hasn't even begun to awaken in the frozen dumps department

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Used the kiosk for the food court food again, bypassed the line for my slice of cheese and churro. only to be told there's a couple minute wait as the churros were coming out of the oven. At first I was a little annoyed that I didn't save much time, then when they handed me the very warm and fresh churro. OH.MY.GOD. I have seen the face of God and it is a very freshly made Costco churro.

Honestly, i don't know what to do now. I can't count on having that luck again and I can never taste a heat lamp warmed churro again to replicate the magic moment that I just experienced. This is buy a gift and a curse all at once.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jack Skeleton posted:

Used the kiosk for the food court food again, bypassed the line for my slice of cheese and churro. only to be told there's a couple minute wait as the churros were coming out of the oven. At first I was a little annoyed that I didn't save much time, then when they handed me the very warm and fresh churro. OH.MY.GOD. I have seen the face of God and it is a very freshly made Costco churro.

Honestly, i don't know what to do now. I can't count on having that luck again and I can never taste a heat lamp warmed churro again to replicate the magic moment that I just experienced. This is buy a gift and a curse all at once.

make your own

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Somebody said something about a food court burrito and then disappeared. Was this a drive-by trolling? I want my Costco food court burrito!!

I believe it’s 2 cheese slices positioned into a square and wrapped around a dog. You should probably deep fry it.

Harton fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 18, 2018

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sir you're going to have to wait for the churros to be done out the frier

An extreme base idiot: HUFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also you said oven but proper churros are fried

You can get away with baking them but they're doughnuts so if you like the baked one at Costco you still have worlds to explore

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Chinese etc dumplings freeze really well.

You can make them yourself and freeze them even

If you find a little asian grocery store where old women make them and sell them in zip lock bags, buy the crap out of them.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Making them is a pain in the loving rear end

Buying them is ancient wisdom

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Got costco gas for the first time today

One customer looked at me like i was a wizard when i pulled the hose to the far side of my car after getting in an entirely empty lane

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

jerry seinfel posted:

Got costco gas for the first time today

One customer looked at me like i was a wizard when i pulled the hose to the far side of my car after getting in an entirely empty lane

Should get a back window print of that and put it on your car

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I can't wait for my Costco gas station to be finished building.

Not just for the gas but to get rid of the crazy traffic around the back entrance since the main entrance is shut down for construction since dumbasses don't know WHERE THEIR GOD drat GAS PEDAL IS

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Costco flooring locally are booked out for weeks. I put in my info in the costco website, and I got a call a day later from some local flooring company contracted out to Costco. "When would you like us to come out with the samples?" "Tuesday would be great," "Oh haha we are booked out for three weeks."

Then why are you asking me when I'm free? Tell me when you're free. Earliest date please!

So, October 30th I'm having their person come out with the flooring samples, take the measurements, and get the total written right there. Which is great, except the month's 15% cashback bonus ends on the 28th. Wonder if they'll still honor it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Costco flooring locally are booked out for weeks. I put in my info in the costco website, and I got a call a day later from some local flooring company contracted out to Costco. "When would you like us to come out with the samples?" "Tuesday would be great," "Oh haha we are booked out for three weeks."

Then why are you asking me when I'm free? Tell me when you're free. Earliest date please!

So, October 30th I'm having their person come out with the flooring samples, take the measurements, and get the total written right there. Which is great, except the month's 15% cashback bonus ends on the 28th. Wonder if they'll still honor it.

You should call them and ask. 15% is pretty big

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ravendas posted:

I would contact Costco now, not later, and explain that the wait isn't on you but on the contracted company being booked up. They may even have another company to get to you sooner.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I'm thinking about signing up for the Costco credit card but Nerdwallet reviews say the card has terrible customer service, takes forever to clear payments, and (most bizarre) freezes your account if you make more than one payment a month. Fellow disciples, have you found this to be true? I was excited before but now I'm hesitating.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I'm thinking about signing up for the Costco credit card but Nerdwallet reviews say the card has terrible customer service, takes forever to clear payments, and (most bizarre) freezes your account if you make more than one payment a month. Fellow disciples, have you found this to be true? I was excited before but now I'm hesitating.

Isn’t it just a citi card? Like that doesn’t make sense.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Smellrose

I've never had any problems but I've never had to call customer service for anything which seems to be the issue? I didn't realize different branded cards had different levels of customer service with Citi?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I haven't had any issues with it, but citi does some weird poo poo

Like if you renew/upgrade your membership they send you a notification that you requested a new card and it's being mailed

Also if you've already paid and the payment due date is soon, their web portal puts the upcoming due date in scary text and makes you think you didn't pay

Other than that it's fine

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If I submit a payment on a weekday it always pulls the payment the next day idk

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the Costco card had US based customer service which is always worth having even if you have to wait to get someone on the phone

Also they may still be having growing pains because Costco just shifted en masse to it fairly recently

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I've never had any problems but I've never had to call customer service for anything which seems to be the issue? I didn't realize different branded cards had different levels of customer service with Citi?

It's super common for large retail operations to have specific arrangements for their branded cards, and that includes different customer service pods taking care of calls. My dad had a Cabela's card for years (a midwestern sporting goods store) and Cabelas was super insistent that anyone that calls the number on the card gets to talk to an American with minimal wait time, no computers.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

I make more than one payment a month. I haven't had an issue.
If you have to cancel your card for fraud, it also cancels that membership number. That was fun when I had to make a run and thought I could use my regular membership card. It was all handled quickly, though.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

I've never had any problems and it's been my favorite credit card and has given us the most lucrative rewards based on the categories.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It's not my primary card, but it works well. If you drive at all, it's worth it for the gas rebate alone.

A lot of online credit card review sites don't like it because they don't get a referral bonus for it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I've found the exact opposite of all those things to be true.

I've made multiple payments in a month.

Payments post pretty much next day, minimum.

And last week my card was compromised and some scummy thief bought $2k of airline tickets on Air France at 6am, and Citi sent me a text and waited for me to call before they cleared it. Instead, I had a new card/card number overnighted to me.

+5 would credit card again.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

These people all seem to either be mad that Costco is no longer AmEx (lol) or seem that Costco themselves is the actual lender (also lol). Anyway I've had the card ever since the switch and never had an ounce of trouble, even after it was stolen, frozen, and replaced.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I've honestly never had a bad experience with a credit card company when a card is compromised or lost. They all seem to bend over backwards to make sure I don't have to pay for the stuff I didn't buy and get me a new card ASAP.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Anyone in here have any dogs recently????????????

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my dad ate some dog yesterday

it was in soup and deffo not from the co tho

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosintang)

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

BaconCopter posted:

Anyone in here have any dogs recently????????????

I cooked burgers and hotdogs for my coworkers today. Both from Costco, naturally.

Dogs were boiled and then placed on the grill for a little char. :discourse: