Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

KungFu Grip posted:

Braun "Ghost Problems" Strowman

ghosts cannot eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1051402364232581121

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

IIRC that won't actually delete them in the game, just prevent updates. Its one of the big grumbles people have about the game. I believe a mod tool exists for cleaning up, but I am not sure it works with 2.0.

Alternatively Triplexpac could delete his save and start over, perhaps downloading a one of the blank saves that have all of the mission mode stuff S-ranked to unlock the full edit points and extra moves (Though maybe that PS4 cheat code they introduced works with the PC version too?)

Mass Delete for 2.0 is in the works, but it may be a little while. Though I could've sworn I remember reading that there's a version of the PS4 unlock code in the PC version, but can't seem to find it. Using a blank save should also work, even if the save is from pre-update.

PunkBoy posted:

One thing I've noticed since getting into Fire Pro is that most e-feds and stuff are all OCs and whatnot. Pretty weird to go to after being used to VGCW and having Donkey Kong fight Phoenix Wright.

I think I picked the worst possible combination for an e-fed that I actually want other people to watch. Fire Pro people don't care because it's not OCs, VGCW people don't care because it's not being done in a WWE game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Part of VGCW's appeal was the interactions between different characters, which is difficult to do in a game with no story creator or equivalent. But even beyond that the VGCW crowd shrank massively over time anyway. Regardless, I say keep at it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Why does the Fire Pro community care about other people's OCs?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Reciprocation in the hope that people will care about your OCs.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I'm 100% sure I'm just rising to bait here, but well-put-together Fire Pro edits are entertaining to watch, and the core of the community is a smallish group of nerds who've known all known each other forever. Often, there is a sense of community investment because we've all spent countless hours chatting about edits, giving each other tips and ideas, watching and critiquing matches, etc.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

tbh I'd rather see original stuff, even if dumb and silly sometimes, vs yet another take on the Undertaker or Okada or Cena or whoever to throw on the pile.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm sorry. That wasn't bait. I was honestly curious.
Good to know. Thank you.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Like I've never seen very much of the OCs on the Steam Workshop, but there have been people doing that on the PS4 FPW site. I was always under the impression that for wrestling games in general most dedicated fans were using the CAW functions to add wrestlers who aren't in the game.

Of course one thing is that to use custom textures, you have to upload those to FPW, and while I made most of the ones I put up unlisted, you could see quite a few in the early days and it was kinda fun to look at other people's event names.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

What unimportantguy said, plus Fire Pro characters can have a lot depth to their AI, so there's also a respect and appreciation for doing interesting things with the AI. There's also the community element where people will use other people's characters as 'free agents', and events and tournaments based on community submissions.

Angry_Ed posted:

Part of VGCW's appeal was the interactions between different characters, which is difficult to do in a game with no story creator or equivalent.

I've actually overcome that issue by using visual novel creation software.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The Interference option is also at least one dollop of narrative element in the game now, though I've yet to be really inspired by it.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The interference option is bad for every wrestling company that isn't heavily defined by factions.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Takuan posted:

What unimportantguy said, plus Fire Pro characters can have a lot depth to their AI, so there's also a respect and appreciation for doing interesting things with the AI. There's also the community element where people will use other people's characters as 'free agents', and events and tournaments based on community submissions.

I've actually overcome that issue by using visual novel creation software.

Right, good point. I was meaning more something built-in but I've seen how Ren.Py can fill the gap.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Takuan posted:

The interference option is bad for every wrestling company that isn't heavily defined by factions.

Can't it be turned off?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Can't it be turned off?

It can be set to off/low/med/high but even low makes it occur at inopportune times. Its kind of annoying how random it is, it would really benefit from an input that allowed you to trigger it at will.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so i seriously have to join some dudes discord to gt the new mods for ver 2,0 of fpww

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm sorry. That wasn't bait. I was honestly curious.
Good to know. Thank you.

Sorry for assuming the worst then, I guess. :shobon:

But yeah, to takuan's point, using each other's characters is a big thing. Community submissions for tournaments are common, and sometimes flat out booking other dudes in your fed.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

so i seriously have to join some dudes discord to gt the new mods for ver 2,0 of fpww

That's for the 1.02 mods.
For the 2.0 mods you gotta join the "critical club" community discord.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Takuan posted:

To be fair, every wrestling company should be heavily defined by factions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Borrowed Ladder posted:

It can be set to off/low/med/high but even low makes it occur at inopportune times. Its kind of annoying how random it is, it would really benefit from an input that allowed you to trigger it at will.

one thing I liked from the old War Zone game is you could trigger a run in via command sequence. The match would get thrown out but you could keep fighting until time ran out or something. It was great equalizer for when your buddy kept using cheesy moves.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so with the 2.0 mods i should be using "modpack.dll" not "carlzilla.dll" ?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

so with the 2.0 mods i should be using "modpack.dll" not "carlzilla.dll" ?

Correct.

Some stuff in the carlzilla.dll still works, but the 'modpack' is the official, tested, release of 2.0 mods from Carlzilla.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Which discord do i join to convince spike chunsoft to actually ship the booking dlc

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I don't know, but if we can get Taichi to complain about it on Twitter, we might be able to make it happen. Apparently he's the only person the devs listen to.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So Carlzilla's mods got ported to the new patch? Or are these still just pipe dreams?

Fire Pro is definitely unique in that many of the major content creators have been at this since literally the 90s. We're all old men now and coming back out the geriatric clinics with the release of another Fire Pro. It's a small community, but small enough to where we are definitely into OC if the logic is fine if only to show support and because many of these edits have been around for a long time. Hell, I'm about to load up either Carlzilla's MoW mode or wait for Promoter Mode "just" to create a fictional setting with loads of other people original characters.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 15, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Dishwasher posted:

So Carlzilla's mods got ported to the new patch? Or are these still just pipe dreams?

Some. A lot of the stuff that affects the match in progress is still gone because there's no apparent way to make that work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Takuan posted:

I don't know, but if we can get Taichi to complain about it on Twitter, we might be able to make it happen. Apparently he's the only person the devs listen to.

This is secretly the actual privilege of being NEVER champion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was gifted the newest 2k game here are some of my thoughts so far

the load times are a lot better, i dunno if its something to do with the ui or what they did but everything seems to start up quickly. i like the start of MyCareer so far how it takes you from a regional indy guy living out of a van to a guy in the system, it feels like a nice throwback to Day of Reckoning which was a game i thought had a fun single player mode.

one thing in universe mode thats kinda killing me is using these very small pixelated 512x512 images for show logos compared to prior versions letting you use 1024x512, i didn't think it'd be that big of a problem but it does really hurt how the calendar and presentation of the show if you're using anything customized. however, if that's the tradeoff for a quicker loading experience then i'm fine with it, it's not a real big deal. the level of control and quality of life for universe mode as a booking simulator is a lot better, it feels like an actual improvement to the mode as opposed to the copy/paste from the last three iterations. matches feel the same but they're fine. i haven't explored the daniel bryan mode or online gameplay and probably wont. there are some weird picks when it comes to the roster but last year's game had sawyer fulton so it's whatever.

by the way if you're on the ps4 version, i uploaded the '02-'10 ring of honor belt. go and grab it.

i think this is an improvement to last year's version on most facets, the important ones anyway, and i felt last year's game was the strongest entry into the series since '13. i give this game a 2 out of 3 on the grody scale.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'll say this is the first year I've gone this long without checking out Universe Mode much because the Career is really good so far. Last year was really stripped down and the Career Mode was terrible with all that walking around backstage, and all I did was mess about with Universe as a result.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love how long the set up with 'Buzz's' crappy van is before (Ch10, I think?)Bray sets it on fire, setting you on your weird odyssey with Woken Matt.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST it's Plus Ultra!
-The opening contest sees the Mystical Ninjas facing Double Dragon because, well, last time they faced each other it ended in a double count out.
-The Returners reunite for a GAME Pro Wrestling vs the World Match.
-Frank West, Megaman, & Chun-B take on Mettaton, Protoman, R.O.B. and Starman at Frank's request. What kind of plan has Frank come up with to discover Wily's possible scheme? Also, Frank has promised extravagant matching costumes for this match.
-Johnny Cage and Link go head to head in a brilliant scheme by their shared manager, T. Bone Trousleberg, to get one of them over(maybe).
-Andore Jr looks to get revenge on NEMESIS for forcing his father to retire due to injuries at the Star Cup.
-The Super Mario Bros defend the PCGP Co-Op Championships against the one team they've never beaten- Smoughstein
-After a summer spent coming in 2nd place in everything she tried, Rainbow Mika finally won the PCGP Cross-Platform Championship last week. She makes her first defense against Tina Armstrong, the first Cross-Platform Champion who lost the title in her first defense due to injury.
-In the Main Event: After reminding the world of his greatness at the Pan-Console Grand Prix, Zangief sets his sights on the PCGP World Championship and the current champion, Gilgamesh

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gaz-L posted:

I love how long the set up with 'Buzz's' crappy van is before (Ch10, I think?)Bray sets it on fire, setting you on your weird odyssey with Woken Matt.

It comes back!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

One nice change in 2K19’s universe mode is that it lets you choose who goes over when you sim a match from the show schedule menu (skipping a match while you’re playing it goes random, as before)

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It's Saturday afternoon and what do you got going on? Hanging out with friends? Spending time with family? Engaging in meaningful hobbies or recreational activities? gently caress all that! Come on down to GAME Pro Wrestling for the Greatest Gerudo Rumble! An 80-Being Rumble broadcast live from the beautiful, progressive, Kingdom of Gerudo Valley! Anybody could show up, even Your Favorite Wrestler Or Fictional Character! I don't even know who's gonna be in it, but there's only one way to find out!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

One nice change in 2K19’s universe mode is that it lets you choose who goes over when you sim a match from the show schedule menu (skipping a match while you’re playing it goes random, as before)

This is good to know. I just finished downloading the game last night and haven't had a chance to touch it yet.

I spend the majority of my time in Universe mode after I build my roster of caws and being able to decide a winner without playing will make booking storylines easier.

E: Played the first My Career match and I'm pretty sure I caused Mr.CW sever brain damage. His head turned gray on the meter because he wouldn't stay down. This story mode is hilarious so far and I love it.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 21, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's Mr CQ to you. AKA Cole Quinn, AKA the CyColen, AKA Black Hole Cole AKA....

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

That's Mr CQ to you. AKA Cole Quinn, AKA the CyColen, AKA Black Hole Cole AKA....

Well it's nice to have him around because apparently he's the only one capable of KOing anyone in this NXT invasion angle on my team. Glad I spent those points to boost my countering......and every single counter fails.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Do cutscenes in universe mode happen more often and do they make sense in terms of feuds you build? I'm sure you can't choose for, let's say, an attack after a match or something but do they at least happen way more than "loving never." like on 2k14 (the last one I bought)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dishwasher posted:

Do cutscenes in universe mode happen more often and do they make sense in terms of feuds you build? I'm sure you can't choose for, let's say, an attack after a match or something but do they at least happen way more than "loving never." like on 2k14 (the last one I bought)?

First week I played, the first match on 205 LIve was Nese vs Tozawa. I won as Tozawa, and after the match, Nese pretends to shake his hand, then kicks him in the dick.