Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big boi
Jun 11, 2007

the Chad Jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
check it out, sports nerds:

a friend of ours "found this under his couch" and gave it to us for free. he used to "work in sports, so got a bunch of stuff like this"

pretty sweet

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kemba with 41 points in the loss, lmao. They’re going to have to start Monk just so there’s anyone else capable of hitting a shot occasionally

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm so fuckin' pumped for the bulls, we are going to see some serious poo poo this season.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

morestuff posted:

Kemba with 41 points in the loss, lmao. They’re going to have to start Monk just so there’s anyone else capable of hitting a shot occasionally
They’re gonna have to start Monk because Jeremy Lamb is a cagey vet now/Bootleg Courtney Lee

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
the entire problem with KAT and Wiggins is that they are passive as all hell.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Andrew Wiggins will donate $22 for every point he scores to help kids get access to sports
https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-wiggins-will-donate-22-per-point-help-kids-get-better-access-sports-020707072.html

BBR added some new features.

7-Game Playoff Series Outcomes (Since 1984); 2-2-1-1-1 Format:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/7-game-playoff-series-outcomes-22111.html

You can now search based on FG, FT, FTA, and PTS information all the way back to the inaugural NBA season.

Most 25+ point games:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...25&order_by=pts

Rick Barry and Wilt are the only players to make 30+ FGs in a game:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...f=Y&order_by=fg

Adrian Dantley and Wilt are the only payers to make 27+ FTs in a game:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...f=Y&order_by=ft

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RaySmuckles posted:

a friend of ours "found this under his couch" and gave it to us for free. he used to "work in sports, so got a bunch of stuff like this"

pretty sweet

Christ, why don't I ever end up with poo poo like this?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WNBA recently added better stat information. Here all the all-time WNBA NP leaders:

code:
NP	Player
1279.6	Diana Taurasi
1042.56	Sylvia Fowles
891.08	Becky Hammon
734.68	Lauren Jackson
715.76	Penny Taylor
710.32	Crystal Langhorne
697.92	Nneka Ogwumike
629.12	Katie Smith
596.6	Maya Moore
586.16	Tamika Catchings

Joel Embiid is a comedian.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh wow basketball started

why is jimmy buckets still on the wolves

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

pretty sweet

yeah here's my autographed manu jersey nbd

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
The Rockets are 0-1 when Capela, Harden and Paul all play this season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

At least Monk looks a lot more like an NBA player, right?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Rick posted:

He was sneaky good down the stretch last year. Multiple efficient 20+pt games. What I didn’t expect was him being able to pass and defend. Turns his ceiling from Will Barton into something else.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

Yeah, his defense is still pretty bad but 18 points buys a lot of goodwill

Hornets made their biggest run tonight with a Kemba-Parker-Monk-Batum-MKG lineup and this is going to be a weird season

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

misdirectomy posted:

The Rockets are 0-1 when Capela, Harden and Paul all play this season.

luc mbah a moute was holding it all together

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Kings are not total and complete garbage! This is a welcome surprise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wiggins was trying on defense tonight!

Or at least it looked like he was when I was paying attention

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

He was sneaky good down the stretch last year. Multiple efficient 20+pt games. What I didn’t expect was him being able to pass and defend. Turns his ceiling from Will Barton into something else.

Yeah, which is why it's funny the bust narrative about him was so loud this summer.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

suns won a game.

suns are 1-0

82-0 is inevitable now tbqh

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I love this time of year. Imagine these responses to a single night of games in january

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Spurs won a game. :geno:
Good job Demar :geno:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Night 1 mavs thoughts

- Luka good but seemed to get visibly tired and proceeded to miss a billion shots in a row

- Dorian Finney-Smith went 4-for-7 from the field, in defiance of his destiny as a "if this guy could just loving hit a corner 3 jesus christ" guy. congrats to Dorian.

- I don't trust Dennis Smith to finish anything that isn't a breakaway dunk

- I don't hate Wes Matthews because he plays hard and seems like a good guy and all but he sucks

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ramadu posted:

suns won a game.

suns are 1-0

82-0 is inevitable now tbqh

It ruled, too. Devin Booker is a star

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

booker slammed the drat door shut

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Couldn't pay too much attention to the game beyond it being on in the background because of a study group meeting. Harrison Barnes come back soon. Mavs need your buckets.

Every time I looked up it felt like the Suns couldn't miss a shot.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Space Camp fuckup posted:

For the first time in a long time the Suns actually looked like a 2018 basketball team. It was a good day. Basketball freakin rules

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Space Camp fuckup posted:

His hand sure as hell isn't bothering him it seems

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Spacebump posted:

Couldn't pay too much attention to the game beyond it being on in the background because of a study group meeting. Harrison Barnes come back soon. Mavs need your buckets.

Harrison is destined to disappoint :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spite posted:

Harrison is destined to disappoint :(

I want to believe he will have the best season of his career, opt out, resign with the Mavs, and turn back into normal Mavs Barnes.

I'm so used to watching college football I'm more disappointed about 1 NBA loss than I should. I guess the article I read predicting the Mavs and Sixers will start losing more games than expected because of the China trip might have been on to something.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Spacebump posted:

The Suns were crazy hot and Booker went insane at the end but the Mavs' defensive effort didn't really warrant anything better than what they got

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

The Suns were crazy hot and Booker went insane at the end but the Mavs' defensive effort didn't really warrant anything better than what they got

I saw one Ariza layup in DJ's face that really disappointed me.

What games should I watch highlights from before I go to bed?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

I saw one Ariza layup in DJ's face that really disappointed me.

What games should I watch highlights from before I go to bed?

Kemba's one man comeback against the Bucks was pretty wild

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
News: Pistons still can't shoot. Still only marginally better than teams expected to have a losing record.

Views: Time is a flat circle

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Last season had a bunch of insane stat lines on opening night too right?

These players are so god drat good.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bobby Digital fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 18, 2018

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

DeimosRising posted:

I love this time of year. Imagine these responses to a single night of games in january

Cmon, just let us have tonight, at least. Reality will set in soon enough :smith:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The league needs to expand, too many good teams

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

The league needs to expand, too many good teams

It'd be interesting if the league expanded and changed how many protections each team got in the expansion draft based on wins/losses from the previous year. If the Warriors could only protect 3 players, who would the third be after Durant/Curry? I feel like it'd be Thompson if he told them he was coming back for sure but Green's role is probably harder to reproduce.

Looking at box scores and that Kings starting line up is wild Hield, Fox, and Ferrell all starting together is insane for a team with so many big players. I wish Yogi was still a Mav.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Protect curry, klay, and draymond

• Locked thread