Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope sen has to fight hollis next round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

https://mangadex.org/chapter/465603/1

KNOW YOUR PLACE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this has made me think gensai is going to lose

Aug 24, 2011

chapter called "setsuna" isn't for like 3 more chapters, then there's ones called "revival" and "bando"

good jerry tyson page in this one

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Look at that masterful feint by Gensai. He's made it look like he's having the first flashback, but it's actually a flashback for Setsuna's teacher. This not only gets Setsuna to let his guard down, thinking flashbacks are now safe, it obliges him to also flashback at length about his training, weakening him further.

Also I like how the teacher was initially portrayed as basically Akuma, but we now see he was a pretty chill guy.

This guy was right. Gensai feinted Kiryu into having a flashback.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meta assassination skills.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jerry faces ftw. I hope Gensai cripples Setsuna

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Odds that the mystery person in ohmas memory is a former Niko student?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Whole lotta questions raised by that second-to-last panel there, hoo boy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Whole lotta questions raised by that second-to-last panel there, hoo boy.

Buckle up buddy, it's flashback time.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Exercu posted:

This guy was right. Gensai feinted Kiryu into having a flashback.

No wonder Grandpa Kure said Gensai's martial arts was good not just at "killing" but also at "defeating".

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Setsuna. An all the way to when he met Ohma flashback sounds like a death sentence.

Muteba is so great. It's going to be really sad when Wakatsuki caves in his chest.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also I like how the teacher was initially portrayed as basically Akuma, but we now see he was a pretty chill guy.

I mean, he did beat a man to death, assuming Ohma was right about that.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 18, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that if anyone can use skill and strategy to beat wakatsuki it is muteba. at the very least it won't be an easy win.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Muteba has an advantage insofar as Wakatsuki got absolutely mangled by his last match while Muteba is relatively unscathed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wakatsuki's gonna win but Muteba's not going down without taking an arm with him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want Wakatsuki to lose becuase I was pretty disappointed that Julius went out so fast and against Wakatsuki.

Who can defeat this inhumanly strong meat castle? This other slightly smaller inhumanly strong meat castle, by using his strongest muscles.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everyone pulling a shocked face except for Agito who just grins is great

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
No matter who wins, Agito is stealing everyone's stuff and he gets to fight the winner anyways.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mokichi was such a chump. the manga presented his fight as a clash between two powerful bloodlines, when really one was the result of an insane selective breeding program that lasted for hundreds of years and the other had a single strong ancestor. that's what you call a normal person.

Yeah that framing was weird. I'm kinda curious how Mokichi would do against some of the other competitors. It's kind of unclear how Removal-Raian would stack up against most other people, and we only ever saw Mokichi owning him before he used Removal.

I feel like he'd lose against most of the top-tier folks, but he might have a shot against people like Inaba or police-rear end in a top hat (and would almost certainly beat Rihito or Mockey). Cosmo would also be an interesting match-up for him.

My other subjective fighter opinion is that Okubo would probably beat almost all the other non-Fang fighters.

Kanos posted:

Muteba has an advantage insofar as Wakatsuki got absolutely mangled by his last match while Muteba is relatively unscathed.

He's not unscathed; his hearing is messed up, such that he's forced to resort to these robo-eyes (which is almost certainly more of a downside than an upside).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 18, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

He's not unscathed; his hearing is messed up, such that he's forced to resort to these robo-eyes (which is almost certainly more of a downside than an upside).

his balls have also been completely drained

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Joseance posted:

everyone pulling a shocked face except for Agito who just grins is great

Sen is also grinning but in more of a "I can't believe this loving guy" way

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

CharlestonJew posted:

his balls have also been completely drained

I would bet money that this turns out to not be true.

Aug 24, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

RIP Setsuna. An all the way to when he met Ohma flashback sounds like a death sentence.

Muteba is so great. It's going to be really sad when Wakatsuki caves in his chest.

I mean, he did beat a man to death, assuming Ohma was right about that.

ohma is going to stab setsuna in the flashback which will also kill him in real life

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

An origin story flashback? Setsuna is doomed, there's nothing left after that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mysterious

Aug 24, 2011

El Burbo posted:

mysterious

no that's just the fighter's name and what he looks like

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Yeah stick a :fork: in it, he's done

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bando got better

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Bando did a flashback to right before he was poisoned and swapped places with his unpoisoned self.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

honestly it's hard to argue with this logic

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Ouma's moved on but Kiryu's still stuck.

We all thought Kiryu would be Ouma's final boss, but maybe Ouma was just Kiryu's final boss all along.

Though I guess that depends on what we see of their past in this flashback.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, Ouma's moved on but Kiryu's still stuck.

We all thought Kiryu would be Ouma's final boss, but maybe Ouma was just Kiryu's final boss all along.

Haven't we known this for a while?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

He says that Jun deliberately didn't permanently damage his hearing and he's already capable of holding a normal conversation with Tomari, so his hearing is pretty much fine. The robo-eyes are being treated as a trump card; he was going to bust them out in respect to Jun for sticking through everything before Jun collapsed, and he's currently "testing" them to make sure they work properly for the next match.

Like when he's about to turn them on he talks about being able to fight like a warrior again. That's not "oh no this is my last resort backup" talk, that's "i've been hiding my power level" talk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Jun only injured Muteba's ears enough to hinder his performance during the match, he didn't wanna permanently disable the dude.

Which is why Muteba responded in kind and chose to deliver a non-lethal heart attack.

Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/465949/1

uh oh, flashbacks are usually a weakness but in sufficient number they evolve into plot armor

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, Jun only injured Muteba's ears enough to hinder his performance during the match, he didn't wanna permanently disable the dude.

Which is why Muteba responded in kind and chose to deliver a non-lethal heart attack.

But he still deafened Marvelous Seki so he's not completely nice about things.

where the red fern gropes posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/465949/1

uh oh, flashbacks are usually a weakness but in sufficient number they evolve into plot armor

Setsuna has always been a yandere, but jeez this is one hell of a road to getting close to his object of affection.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah uh I know this isn't the most realistic manga but all of that is stretching suspension of disbelief too much for my tastes

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. I guess Setsuna is leaving the plot after this battle.

Aug 24, 2011

good parts of kengan asura: kazzy being misunderstood while cool fights happen

bad parts of kengan asura: the life story of anybody involved in prostitution, except muteba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think we know his full life now

Not good for the apparent rival character to let that all slip when he’s not even fighting Ohma!