Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Your Parents posted:

He literally just blamed Saudi Arabia for 9/11.

And then said that they shouldn't be punished and instead be pushed to progress (do a wrestling show in). Not really a scathing take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hell yeah dave goin off in the recent WOR about the saudi deal

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

hell yeah dave goin off in the recent WOR about the saudi deal
this was a real good dave rant, i was listening to it at the gym today and it was surprisingly good to get pumped to lmao

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Good week for F4W in general, the BVC retro show was also very strong this week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1053045488780378113

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
big dave go on chapo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Dave on chapo talking about wwe in Saudi Arabia would be my favorite thing in the world. Felix and Dave could compare biceps.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave no-selling Amber’s lovely jokes is something I absolutely need in my life

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm cracking up just thinking about it lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can somebody remind me who it was who once appeared on a podcast (one of the podcastone ones, I'm pretty sure, probably Jericho or Austin) and told the story about the territorial days where he tricked his way backstage into a production meeting, and Bruiser Brody was gonna tear him into pieces until another wrestler/backstage guy lied that he'd organized for the guy to come around and he'd just gotten there earlier than expected?

Sorry if that's a bit too vague, I just remembered it today and was cracking up thinking about it again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:siren: Bryan’s adventures with his cable company continue today :siren:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

jesus WEP posted:

:siren: Bryan’s adventures with his cable company continue today :siren:

Oh. My. loving. God. Bryan vs. (Company That Dares to Gain Bryan's Ire) is almost always a good listen and this is definitely worth a listen.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There’s an amazing punchline that Bryan’s been costing himself potentially thousands of dollars over the last few years because he didn’t know how his local/national rate worked on his phone lines

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan vs his phone bill is a motyc.

Granny segment was good too. “Neck moon shoot”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m at work and had to switch it off at neck moon shoot because I can’t just be lolling at my desk

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
All those hours spent arguing over Braun Stroman vs Brock Lesnar in a shoot fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I discovered David Finlay's youtube show. Its got lots of drunk and foul mouthed Juice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCWPHNqyVBrvGXgAjDF53YZw

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 19, 2018

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

I discovered David Finlay's youtube show. Its got lots of drunk and foul mouthed Juice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCWPHNqyVBrvGXgAjDF53YZw

I feel like you buried the lead by not mentioning the latest episode with Fit Finlay talking about his weird Pinocchio collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-KXcM9NrLg

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

I feel like you buried the lead by not mentioning the latest episode with Fit Finlay talking about his weird Pinocchio collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-KXcM9NrLg

I tried turning on the autogenerated captioning to figure out what Fit was saying half the time(bad hearing) and it gave up after a solitary Yeah.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

Matt and Dave in an interrupting-other-people contest would be a blessing for sure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm still not sure why this episode exists but if you want to hear Hulkamatt talk about something he also researched this is the episode for you!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1053838811539693568

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Agadmator Channel where he is currently covering Spassky vs. Fischer

The Article we discussed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Has there ever been a not terrible human being chess master?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

coconono posted:

Has there ever been a not terrible human being chess master?

what rank did the mechanical turk reach

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the wizard guy from the chessmaster box

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave was on the Jim Cornette Experience this week. Worth checking out if classic wrestling is your thing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what rank did the mechanical turk reach

Given how you had to move around in the thing I'd say at least a master in yoga

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm not sure who was worse, Fischer or everybody around him who desperately tried to placate/pacify him just because he's a good chessman instead of leaving him to marinate in his own metaphorical diapers.

Because I'm just picturing people desperately fighting the urge to talk to Fischer like a preschooler.

"BOBBY! If you don't get on this plane right now I am sending you to Iceland with no supper."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm still not sure why this episode exists but if you want to hear Hulkamatt talk about something he also researched this is the episode for you!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1053838811539693568

Jeremy Schaap's piece on Bobby Fischer is a must watch. He won an Emmy for it. Here's the article that Fischer was referring to in the press conference.

A great article about him after he died.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 24, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Schaap-Fischer thing above is a must watch and everyone absolutely needs to click on that link.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan's sheer petty "revenge" for the cat argument last week is so pathetic it wraps back around to being hilarious.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan's sheer petty "revenge" for the cat argument last week is so pathetic it wraps back around to being hilarious.

Bryan is incredibly dumb and childlike but to a degree that I can't hate him, he's adorable

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What was the cat argument again?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I am enjoying that BVC with Russo jumping has led to now Nitro is never boring, and getting worse, while Raw is boring but the show is actively getting better. its a microcosm of that Russo was holding back everything so clearly. Also their love affair with Sid is so endearing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

What was the cat argument again?

They were in the middle of a review when Bryan started ranting about how his cats were so loud that it was ruining the show and he had to go take care of it, while Vinny and Craig kept explaining that nobody listening to the podcast can hear the loving cats and even if they could it's so quiet that it's easily ignored unless he goes ahead and makes a giant deal out of it and holds up the entire show in the process.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bryan barely understanding audio despite doing it for a living for so long will always be funny

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao bryan is an actual child

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The retro Nitro reviews are bringing me back to the old B&V Impact reviews in the best way. Bryan losing his mind over the bracket actually made me laugh

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That cat drop sounded like a baby up until the about halfway through, too.

I think they need to switch Nitro back to being the first one they review. Raw is boring and when they start going longer than an hour Bryan get ansy and just wants to end the show needing them to wrap up things quickly which would be better when they're wrapping up a boring RAW than a Nitro where literally millions of things are happening in every segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bryan barely understanding audio despite doing it for a living for so long will always be funny
Seriously, he's a guy who's spent untold thousands of dollars on audio equipment but doesn't know that a dynamic mic with a gate (which is what I presume is what he has based on what the others here are saying about the cat thing) basically only picks up what's directly in front of it?

I feel like there are more stories like this but I've erased so much about Bryan from my brain that I can't think of any.