Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##unvote

##vote GX

Well, as much as I'm a liar I'm also a coward afeard of death. I think GX is a fine pick and probably scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote GX

Well, as much as I'm a liar I'm also a coward afeard of death. I think GX is a fine pick and probably scum.

What’s the case on GX exactly?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

What’s the case on GX exactly?

*smoked cigarette*

"A guilty soldier without her heart in it."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*smoked cigarette*

"A guilty soldier without her heart in it."

*A photo of GX falls from somewhere*

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Opinion remains unchanged. ##vote GX

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I still am not sure if revolver anidav is claiming an an actual investigation here or what.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

I'm gonna do a reread of GeneX before I commit to a vote. I don't see an investigative claim from anyone on this train but it's worth looking at her posting.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also of note - Moat's been kinda quiet today (might be timezones though.)

Looked at their post history again it feels as suspicious to me as it did yesterday. There's the scummy vote on imgay and then a bunch of chaff. A few small posts at the beginning of the day and then just completely dropped off the radar.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also of note - Moat's been kinda quiet today (might be timezones though.)

Looked at their post history again it feels as suspicious to me as it did yesterday. There's the scummy vote on imgay and then a bunch of chaff. A few small posts at the beginning of the day and then just completely dropped off the radar.

:agreed:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Re-read bif again and not really seeing what revolver anidav was about. Please tell us what exactly makes you think bif is scum, revolver.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AA im gonna attack you tonight, its my duty as town

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Get ready to rumble

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

imgay posted:

But he's our mystery machine. You can't do that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Suggestion: murder moat instead

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

*smokes cigarette*

"I'm ready to die. Kill me. KILL ME."

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of us might die idk we'll have to rumble it out.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Re-read bif again and not really seeing what revolver anidav was about. Please tell us what exactly makes you think bif is scum, revolver.

The claim is more than obvious, friend

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

The claim is more than obvious, friend

It's a soft claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

One of us might die idk we'll have to rumble it out.

*CQC hug*

"It'll be me... I'm a pacifist. Do what you gotta do."

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll see you on the battlefield

*salute*

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's a soft claim.

Yes, it is, and there’s no need to fish for a harder one on D2

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

Softclaims are bullshit. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

GeneX (4): GulagDolls, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir
Toalpaz (3): GeneX, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, Anidav, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin
Anidav (2): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza
Amoeba102 (1): Monathin, Monathin, Anonymous
Bifauxnen (1): Revolver Anidav
Monathin (1): Toalpaz, Tommunist, Toalpaz
xiw (1): Caroline
Retro Futurist (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, imgay, Moatillata, Monathin, xiw :rubshands:

With 17 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 19th, 2018 at 2:30 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 30 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

Yes, it is, and theres no need to fish for a harder one on D2

I mean I've basically claimed a self-drive so I can act as a bodyguard at this point, if Revolver wants to claim actual results, then he should claim 'em. Doesn't help town trying to beat around the bush at this point. I ain't afraid to throw my body in the line of fire for Diamond Dogs.

Not a fan of you speaking for them, though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's a soft claim.

if it's supposed to be any kind of claim, he needs to spell that out so it's possible to figure out how exactly things went wrong here.

GeneX posted:

are you for real

Yami Fenrir posted:

:agreed:

yeah maybe the scums didn't notice!!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah maybe the scums didn't notice!!

:yeah:

scum literally always notice things if you're hinting at them before town. If you wanna claim results, claim them. I'm not enthused about having another Anpu situation here (even if that one isn't as much Anpu's fault as it is mine)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I want to also say a soft claim leaves removes the danger of being counter claimed as scum, but also sets up enough plausible deniability that scum could call me a liar tomorrow and chain lunch town.

I know that people might not believe me, but I want that to be aired out.

I'm not sure if revolver anidav was trying to soft claim, but I don't know what the difference between some maneuvers and others when other players are involved.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yami Fenrir posted:

There are multiple investigative roles that exist, and identifying which one it is can and will change scum behavior

I don’t see the point in giving more info than is necessary, so long as whoever’s running the R Anidav alt account makes clear that it’s a mechanical statement (or doesn’t, in which case I don’t suggest acting on the claim until/unless that changes. Obviously.)

For example, and I’m dropping this in hopes someone can help make sense of it: I believe monathin’s flavor claim thing because I have a thing in my role related to master gunsmiths, plural, which sounds a whole lot like an associated trait shared by multiple people

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

There are multiple investigative roles that exist, and identifying which one it is can and will change scum behavior

I don’t see the point in giving more info than is necessary, so long as whoever’s running the R Anidav alt account makes clear that it’s a mechanical statement (or doesn’t, in which case I don’t suggest acting on the claim until/unless that changes. Obviously.)

For example, and I’m dropping this in hopes someone can help make sense of it: I believe monathin’s flavor claim thing because I have a thing in my role related to master gunsmiths, plural, which sounds a whole lot like an associated trait shared by multiple people

I would be fine with "it's a result."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I would be fine with "it's a result."

plus who he actually targeted to get the result.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah if they don't wanna actually out whatever role they have, that's fine, but we need to know if this is based off reads or mechanical evidence.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lynch all Anidavs

Yeah so I looked at GeneX and she’s being her usual self and I don’t find that case compelling at all

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Hi all, this week has been dumb at work. Long weekend here though for so should be around more tomorrow.

I don't really get the voting on toalpaz - they've been posting a bunch, analyzing people's arguments, and have a claim that should be pretty easy to test.

The AA / bifauxnen / RF situation is interesting because I've been really enjoying AA's posts and it has a lot of actual accusations going on. However spotting the actual evidence behind it's hard - it could be just picking a bunch of targets and focusing on them. In particular toalpaz is one of the people who've been under the gun already.

I still worry about tommunist from yesterday but they have shut up today completely so i don't have anything further to go on for them. This applies to a bunch of people though who posted a lot day 1.

is it worth thinking about why Venom Soag was killed? They were after me a bunch yesterday and I was wondering if it was some kind of framing attempt.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

xiw posted:

is it worth thinking about why Venom Soag was killed? They were after me a bunch yesterday and I was wondering if it was some kind of framing attempt.

I feel like whoever thought to kill gaspy has to be relatively newer because getting rid of gaspy in a birb game as the first NK is tantamount to high treason

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

xiw posted:

The AA / bifauxnen / RF situation is interesting because

huh, how is RF involved in the situation

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Bifauxnen posted:

huh, how is RF involved in the situation

Sorry, I mean Revolver Anidav's claim but wrote RF because I'd been reading their posts.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If anyone is going to make a claim, make it solid and make it fast. I won't be able to hang around today.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Remember that time gx made a post that wasn't about either game mechanics or nothing 😂

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want toalpaz to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

I want toalpaz to live

I agree.