Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i will turn every moveset into anime characters, fools know not what they've done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hwang appeared in Soul Edge and SC1 and then his moveset stuck around as the Assassin reskin in SC2. Assassin actually kind of owns in SC2, or at least he’s miles better than his direct replacement Yun-Seong who most people would agree is the single worst fighter in that game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

exquisite tea posted:

Hwang appeared in Soul Edge and SC1 and then his moveset stuck around as the Assassin reskin in SC2. Assassin actually kind of owns in SC2, or at least he’s miles better than his direct replacement Yun-Seong who most people would agree is the single worst fighter in that game.

Assassin and Berserker for season pass

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Madmarker posted:

I mean......it gets much harder to get good matches if your not on one of the coasts. No idea where you live though.
Northern Europe, though I was low rank since I never got a ton of matches I never got above that as I didn't get a ton of training against different characters. Anytime I was winning against anyone they stopped doing rematches and I had to find someone new, which again took around five minutes at worst to find. Still, I might try again at some point, but anyways I'm sure SCV will have a much better playerbase for a good while now before I go back to T7.

Last FG I played before that was MK9 which had a ton of players with a fast connection rate for a long time after release, but boy did I get a lot of straight up death threats playing that game so I stopped eventually. You can kinda tell I'm not much for fighting games I guess. At least this one will have a deece SP for a scrub like me!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Glenn Quebec posted:

*in a very soul calibur announcer voice* TRANSCENDING HISTORY AND THE WORLD, A TALE OF SOULS AND SWORDS, ETERNALLY RETOLD.

Same but in a normal voice

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

exquisite tea posted:

I'm strongly in favour of oval office punt.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Help, y'all. Do I give into temptation and get the Deluxe Version because I know I'm at least gonna get Tira anyway and might as well get in on other poo poo, or should I not support terrible business practices?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Ah, right, Assassin. Assassin I do remember. Barely, but it's there.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I am at work and am struggling to not buy this on steam so I can play when I get home. Why is this a struggle? Because I have the PS4 version preloaded.

Someone help me my family is starving (for Soul Caliber).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beefstew posted:

Help, y'all. Do I give into temptation and get the Deluxe Version because I know I'm at least gonna get Tira anyway and might as well get in on other poo poo, or should I not support terrible business practices?

Nothing you do has any actual influence on corporate practices, so go hog wild.

On a side note, I wonder how likely legacy costumes will be for dlc costume pieces. Get super crystal boy Siegfried or vampire Raphael or print all the money with SC4 Ivy.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 18, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

drat me wanting a physical copy, I have to wait until tomorrow.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

drat me wanting a physical copy, I have to wait until tomorrow.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i purchased soulcalibur 6 for the personal computer today,

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Literally had to dust off my old cheapass homemade plano-box hitbox to prepare for tonight. It's been a while since I played a fighting game.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Thing keeps updating its release time by minutes. What?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

IT'S UP ON STEAM MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

and now it's updating.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Drakenel posted:

Thing keeps updating its release time by minutes. What?

I am unlocking now

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Same. If only I waited three seconds longer I'd look less like a tool right now. :v:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chumbler posted:

Nothing you do has any actual influence on corporate practices, so go hog wild.

On a side note, I wonder how likely legacy costumes will be for dlc costume pieces. Get super crystal boy Siegfried or vampire Raphael or print all the money with SC4 Ivy.

Give us George Washington suit Ivy or give us death!

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Waiting until tomorrow for the collector's edition :unsmith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ShortStack posted:

Waiting until tomorrow for the collector's edition :unsmith:

Season pass not included.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Give us George Washington suit Ivy or give us death!

At the very least all the pieces for that seem to be in the character creator

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/k2batto/status/1052798982416527361

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Just a heads up for PC users, a nvidia driver came out like a week ago for call of duty and soul calibur. Not sure of the performance differences though.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Whoever said that this game has the same amount of customization as Tekken is an idiot. This game has a ton more.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
In game looks very nice especially when compared to streams. Also there's active match making in training mode.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Glenn Quebec posted:

Whoever said that this game has the same amount of customization as Tekken is an idiot. This game has a ton more.

Gamespot said it had less lol

Check out the hair options vs Tekken 7

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The only explanation I can think of is because there's not too many pieces as overtly ridiculous as a Bullet Club shirt or just straight up giving your character a shotgun

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Should I go into this without obsessing on forums/reddit over what character seems perfect for me and just smash buttons for a while until I think a character looks sounds and feels awesome to use? Kinda tired of that routine in every fighting game. I at least want to find one or two I bond with before deep diving through character descriptions. It seems to match the casual friendly approach that I so intensely need from SC.

I kinda want to approach this like buying mod chip’d japanese dbz fgs back in the day. Smash around while having no clue what’s happening but enjoying the experience.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kilometers Davis posted:

Should I go into this without obsessing on forums/reddit over what character seems perfect for me and just smash buttons for a while until I think a character looks sounds and feels awesome to use? Kinda tired of that routine in every fighting game. I at least want to find one or two I bond with before deep diving through character descriptions. It seems to match the casual friendly approach that I so intensely need from SC.

I kinda want to approach this like buying mod chip’d japanese dbz fgs back in the day. Smash around while having no clue what’s happening but enjoying the experience.

this is the best game series to mash in, bar none

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let your main come to you. If it's meant to be, it will be.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

if you want the true casual experience you have to main whichever character you think is hottest

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

lol you can save a penny by buying the game and the season pass separately. Not even a $5 off for the bundle Bandaimco? Really?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The only explanation I can think of is because there's not too many pieces as overtly ridiculous as a Bullet Club shirt or just straight up giving your character a shotgun
i'll still hold out hope for a full on naito costume for nightmare i guess :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvsyCVsz48o

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Unless there are unlockables that don't appear in the list until they're uh, unlocked, there are a lot less than in Tekken. I dunno, maybe there is.

Like each "section" probably has about 30 pieces each but half or more of that come from existing characters (ie. you can put Astaroth in Kilik's pants, put Taki's suit on Xianghua, or whatever). The rest of the options are just the standard ones you've seen since SC4.

The other side of that is that there are pattern options per piece and the placeables mean you can probably do some cool weird poo poo.

But out of the box it's definitely more freeform than Tekken but much, much less diverse.

Also Astaroth owns and his just frame grab owns.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Game works fine, but I haven't gotten to play yet because my cheap PCB apparently doesn't correspond intuitively to a controller. Had to rewire my hitbox so that I had a menu button and so that A/B were in intuitive places for menu navigation. Hasn't ever come up before because I'd just use joy-to-key to run full PC games, but soul calibur is a console port through and through.

Really though, pretty impressed on performance. The game runs better on my laptop than SFV did and looks so much prettier.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’d rather Yun-seong than Hwang tbh

:agreed:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Put in about an hour before I had to jet off to a presentation. Super sick game. Messed around in practice a bit and whipped up an Ivy costume I'm really pleased with.

The character customizer is so much better than Tekken it's not even the same universe. Parts work together much more and you have so much more control over appearance due to more color channels, decals, patterns, etc.

Can't wait to really sink my teeth in to the game and get online tonight and over the weekend.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what I really miss from the original Soul Calibur is the post match "....ROCK....was seriously injured....and the soul still burns....this victory, strengthened the soul of, KILIK" narration. idk if that has ever come back but I always hoped it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Game looks amazeballs on PC. I’m gonna get into the story mode and libra of souls but for now I’m just gonna get in some games against total noobies playing SC for the first time so I can actually win.