Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1052328577386127360

Presented without comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Watch him be so close to the truth once this blows up in his face again. He did the right thing, happened to ask a person that doesn't care too much. And than he tweets something like this for some reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zedd posted:

Watch him be so close to the truth once this blows up in his face again. He did the right thing, happened to ask a person that doesn't care too much. And than he tweets something like this for some reason.

It should be noted they aren’t his friend but someone he talked to exactly once online.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Oh gently caress off you complete and total oval office, do you want a cookie or 50

EDIT: Can someone go back and quote this post alongside one of my posts from a couple of months where I was saying that as bad as his opinions are people shouldn't make fat insults at him, I can't be arsed

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 18, 2018

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

how can someone be dumb enough not to understand that that response is the one you use when you're afraid that the other person is going to belittle you for your real answer

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Boogie fuckin sucks is what it is

Okay, here's my relatively generous read on Boogie:

Boogie has a lot of his self-image tied up in the idea that he is A Nice Person, which he believes makes him an ally. He also firmly believes that The Truth Is In The Middle no matter what. But he doesn't tend to react to being attacked by fascists and right-wingers as badly as he does to being attacked from the left or by LGBT activists because he perceives himself as an ally, so that's directly challenging his self-image in a way that attacks from fascists (who he does not believe he agrees with) doesn't.

He is also entirely incapable of looking beyond the surface level of anything. To him, the appearance of niceness and politeness trumps all. He thinks you need to Live And Let Live and not rock the boat too much, so when someone tells him that they don't care what pronouns he uses, he sees that as the epitome of strength and the right way to be without really considering why that person might have told him that, or whether he needs to share that information in the first place.

If I'm going to be less generous, though, I'm going to say that Boogie gets a weird satisfaction from being "victimized" online for his "moderate views" and so he tweets poo poo like this as bait so he can play the victim some more and bask in the sympathy.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

Oh gently caress off you complete and total oval office, do you want a cookie or 50

EDIT: Can someone go back and quote this post alongside one of my posts from a couple of months where I was saying that as bad as his opinions are people shouldn't make fat insults at him, I can't be arsed

We all hit the breaking point eventually

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

If I'm going to be less generous, though, I'm going to say that Boogie gets a weird satisfaction from being "victimized" online for his "moderate views" and so he tweets poo poo like this as bait so he can play the victim some more and bask in the sympathy.

It's absolutely this, it's some sort of weird compulsion for him at this point or something because if he actually hated it, he'd loving stop doing it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Why do I feel like he is doing this in a "my black friend" sort of way and will use it as justification to intentionally use the wrong pronoun for trans people?

WampaLord posted:

It's absolutely this, it's some sort of weird compulsion for him at this point or something because if he actually hated it, he'd loving stop doing it.

You have the dream job, the easiest loving job in the entire world: Talk about video games

The caveat is you just shut the gently caress up about heavy stuff like this

Why do so many nerds struggle with this? I'd loving murder to get away from my lovely retail job and get a cozy job where I'm effectively a games industry watch dog.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

boogie big

he obese

he swallow children

he have brain worms

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

boogie blunderland.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Boogie so fat him brainworms look like the Beetlejuice worms

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I was just poking fun at the whole Führer-King title. And the attempted extermination of the Ishvalans.

The title is actually just Fuhrer. He is Fuhrer King Bradley, cause King is his first name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The title is actually just Fuhrer. He is Fuhrer King Bradley, cause King is his first name.

Which was a weird decision that doesn’t really do anything.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Leal posted:

Why do I feel like he is doing this in a "my black friend" sort of way and will use it as justification to intentionally use the wrong pronoun for trans people?

It's the absolute pinnacle of "one of the good ones" and, as innumerable trans people on Twitter have pointed out, whether or not his friend does or doesn't care the response is identical to the one trans people give when they're pretty sure you're going to have a goddamn meltdown if they so much as lightly impose themselves.

back to donoteat01's Skylines videos, the preview for KILLDOZER is one of the most effective ads I've ever seen.

"If your time is worth at least $15 an hour and it takes you more than four minutes to pirate the video you're getting ripped off and you should just give me the dollar."

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

WampaLord posted:

Part of me feels this is the "if you make your followers argue among themselves in the comments, your engagement numbers go through the roof!" tactic. Post faux-centrist viewpoint on a topic to poke the beehive, let the comments pile up.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Leal posted:

Why do so many nerds struggle with this? I'd loving murder to get away from my lovely retail job and get a cozy job where I'm effectively a games industry watch dog.

Arrogance.
Not being smart.
Not having an agent to tell them “seriously shut up.”
Not letting an agent (who they don’t have) operate their twitter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FoldableHuman posted:

It's the absolute pinnacle of "one of the good ones" and, as innumerable trans people on Twitter have pointed out, whether or not his friend does or doesn't care the response is identical to the one trans people give when they're pretty sure you're going to have a goddamn meltdown if they so much as lightly impose themselves.

back to donoteat01's Skylines videos, the preview for KILLDOZER is one of the most effective ads I've ever seen.

"If your time is worth at least $15 an hour and it takes you more than four minutes to pirate the video you're getting ripped off and you should just give me the dollar."

I mean he calls em strong for not caring so yeah it’s pretty obvious he has an opinion of what is the correct take.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea sharing that story as some big 'wow her strength is amazing we should all be like her' is, at best, him being stupid and playing into the idea that the ~correct trans~ folks just kinda let cis people do whatever and never ask us to do that messy and hard work of 'being respectful to another human being even if it requires us to make a small amount of effort'.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FoldableHuman posted:

He didn't factor in the time it would take to actually create a website account and deal with the inevitable security failure of said account.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he calls em strong for not caring so yeah it’s pretty obvious he has an opinion of what is the correct take.

Yeah and he's likely too dumb to realize that he's just giving cover to shitheads

"see, they don't even care about pronouns, boogie--A LEFTIST--said so"

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Leal posted:

You have the dream job, the easiest loving job in the entire world: Talk about video games

Turns out, nerds aren't all that experienced with social mores, because they spend their time doing nerd poo poo instead of socializing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Puppy Time posted:

Turns out, nerds aren't all that experienced with social mores, because they spend their time doing nerd poo poo instead of socializing.

I really hate this stereotype because nerd poo poo can almost always involve socializing, he's just one of the nerds who chose not to.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Leal posted:

Imagine this:

"Hey I really like doing this thing! It's fun!"

2 years later

"I HAVE TO DO THIS THING OR I WILL BE COMPLETELY hosed".

Turns out being a youtube star is not a good thing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There are plenty of nerds who aren’t poo poo. A lot have actually been on the vanguard of good social change. Ones who like video games, even.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Imagine this:

"Hey I really like doing this thing! It's fun!"

2 years later

"I HAVE TO DO THIS THING OR I WILL BE COMPLETELY hosed".

Turns out being a youtube star is not a good thing.

He does not "have to" weigh in on political poo poo that he knows nothing about, he could have stayed in his gaming lane.

It would be one thing if he only came out with his nuclear takes during the few precious times that games and politics interact in major ways, but he does it constantly. It is clearly a compulsion/fetish for him at this point.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

I really hate this stereotype because nerd poo poo can almost always involve socializing, he's just one of the nerds who chose not to.

Yeah but it involves socializing with other people who aren't good at socializing, and that's why we have the Geek Social Fallacies.

BOOSness Hammocks posted:

There are plenty of nerds who aren’t poo poo. A lot have actually been on the vanguard of good social change. Ones who like video games, even.

I mean, it's not that being a geek/nerd/goon makes you a lovely person, necessarily; I was just responding to the question of why nerds gently caress up their brands by deciding to shove a foot in their mouth about inappropriate subjects.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

In more positive news

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1053092475630510081

Wow, Hbomb is really going for this? Also, to be totally honest I never played DK64 but I do kind of miss this style of game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

donkey kong 64 is the nadir of collectathons.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You mean apex.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
dk64 broke my mindset of "gotta collect everything" with those games so I gotta give it credit for helping me there.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

dk64 broke my mind

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 19, 2018

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I can't see the twitter post and it 404s when I click the link.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BigRed0427 posted:

In more positive news

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1053092475630510081

Wow, Hbomb is really going for this? Also, to be totally honest I never played DK64 but I do kind of miss this style of game.

Page don't exist, what it be.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yardbomb posted:

Page don't exist, what it be.

It's Hbomb Advertising his charity stream of Donkey Kong 64. Did he take it down?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i love that dk64 exists because it finally opened everyone up to the reality that collectathons are absolutely fuckin terrible games

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i love that dk64 exists because it finally opened everyone up to the reality that collectathons are absolutely fuckin terrible games

Wrong, even DK64 is fine to me :colbert:

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

DK64 is hyped up to be a lot more terrible than it actually is imo, though it still has quite a few points where it's just unforgivably bad (Beaver Bother, Crystal Caves), but I think it still carries a lot of the charm that the DKC series always had with humor to spare.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

We're changing the date until later for logistical reasons sorry ;d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hbomberguy posted:

We're changing the date until later for logistical reasons sorry ;d

We can wait to see you suffer for the children.