Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol indie game stores. I'll make sure to buy a copy at one right after I pick up my laudanum from the chemist.
In NYC, there are a pretty good amount of indie stores that reliably break street date. I played the original Red Dead a full two days before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Pre-load for digital versions has begun bay-beeeee! :woop: I had to delete Yakuza 6 to make space for it though :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Macrame_God posted:

Pre-load for digital versions has begun bay-beeeee! :woop: I had to delete Yakuza 6 to make space for it though :(

I went and made a dang gif cause I'm too fuckin' hype

:buddy:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Putting the game on my hard drive a full week before I can use it just seems cruel on Rockstar's part.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Red Dead Revolver was great, and it did have deadeye, good to give props to that one too. I'd say give it a play sometime to anybody into semi-retro action games, it's from the same year as GTA: San Andreas and plays a lot better, especially combat wise. Just isn't an open world game, but it's the first game in my book! A game that existed! It could sit next to Soul Blade on your shelf.

Looking forward to this one by the way!

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 19, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
For anyone in the UK - if you have a Smyths near you, they're doing the game for £45 if you preorder and go and pick it up in store. That's the cheapest I've been able to find it.

E: They're also doing a midnight release at all their stores. I've never actually been to a midnight release so it's tempting...do you ever get free poo poo at them?

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 19, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I get a keychain because I pre-ordered the game :smuggo:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
How did you guys get your pre-loads to start? Mine shows up in my library, but not on my home screen, nor in my notifications that its downloading :confused:

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Zipperelli. posted:

How did you guys get your pre-loads to start? Mine shows up in my library, but not on my home screen, nor in my notifications that its downloading :confused:

I searched for it in my library and then selected it and there was an option (the default selected option, I believe) to Download. I had to start by selecting the two items to download (the treasure map and whatever the other pre-order reward was) and then it started downloading everything.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ada shatan posted:

I searched for it in my library and then selected it and there was an option (the default selected option, I believe) to Download. I had to start by selecting the two items to download (the treasure map and whatever the other pre-order reward was) and then it started downloading everything.

:yeshaha:

There we go.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Dl on Xbox seems small? Mines only 87.8 gigs, thought it was gonna be 100+

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So this will unlock at midnight EST on morning of the 26th? If I stay up late Thursday I can play it????

VVV :dance: VVV

black.lion fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 19, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

black.lion posted:

So this will unlock at midnight EST on morning of the 26th? If I stay up late Thursday I can play it????

Yes, if you're on ps4 it will change from the countdown to "start" on your icon bar at midnight

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Are we sure it's going to unlock in EST and not PST? Because that's the difference between 8pm and 11pm for me

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Im assuming the treasure map is locked till the 26th.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

That was roughly what it was for my PS4 as well. Somewhere right around there, but definitely not the 100+ gigs I was expecting .

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's kinda crazy that in 2018 a game install of 80+ gigs isn't *that* unusual

God I'm getting old

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think it just needs 150gb free for unpacking files or something

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I'm on PS4 and it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 92.4 GBs, but I don't know if that included all the bonus content from the pre-order and special edition stuff or not.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

black.lion posted:

VVV :dance: VVV

Ohhh, is that est worldwide? I'm at work atm or I'd just add up the hours on the timer

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Nope. That’s what it is.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Shoehead posted:

Ohhh, is that est worldwide? I'm at work atm or I'd just add up the hours on the timer

It's going to be your local 0001hrs release, if you've got it on preload.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
gently caress I should probably cancel my amazon order and just get preorder the special edition digitally

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

gently caress I should probably cancel my amazon order and just get preorder the special edition digitally

I cancelled my Amazon order because they aren't guaranteeing release day delivery and my order still has an unknown delivery day as of last week. I figured I may as well just get it digitally anyway, since I doubt I'll trade it in, and I'm getting lazy about swapping discs out anymore.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I am getting this game at 9pm est on Thursday. I estimate that by this time next week I will have 15 hours of game time. I estimate that by this time the following week I will have 15 hours of game time because the game will be loving broken and the patch will take 2 weeks to drop

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Optimistic of you

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zigmidge posted:

Yo you wanna get together to crush a few shark cards and get loose

Idk I'm already pretty god drat loose if you know what I mean

(I mean my butt hole)

Qubee
May 31, 2013

If I buy the physical CD from a store, how big will the update be for me to just play it ASAP?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Qubee posted:

If I buy the physical CD from a store, how big will the update be for me to just play it ASAP?

Apparently it'll just be ready to go

E:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressStartKofi/status/1053322748775227392

The game is out in the wild now, wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing leaks soon

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 19, 2018

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Honest to god i don't know if i want to see the map, it may just get me too excited.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
for real I don't get the hype here. I read a synopsis of RDR and realized I did in fact play it and it was pretty good! But the hype videos are saying poo poo like "when you open a drawer the items are right there in that drawer" and "when your horse steps in snow he leaves tracks!" which is how these games have worked for a while. metal gear solid 5 came out how many years ago at this point?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gay Horney posted:

for real I don't get the hype here. I read a synopsis of RDR and realized I did in fact play it and it was pretty good! But the hype videos are saying poo poo like "when you open a drawer the items are right there in that drawer" and "when your horse steps in snow he leaves tracks!" which is how these games have worked for a while. metal gear solid 5 came out how many years ago at this point?

But you get to play cowboy!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Will there be multiplayer right away or is this like GTAV where it's delayed for a couple weeks?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gay Horney posted:

Because this is secretly the real Shenmue 3.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Gay Horney posted:

The hype is mainly just cause it's Rockstar honestly, they've not put out anything since GTAV 5 years ago (current gen/pc version was 4 years ago) so people are just excited to see what they've been up to. It doesn't sound like it's doing much new per se but it's doing a lot of stuff that as you say has been standard for awhile in a really big, high fidelity, polished world. Not like the world is overflowing with Western games as well.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Hobo Clown posted:

Will there be multiplayer right away or is this like GTAV where it's delayed for a couple weeks?

There will be a "public beta" in November and if gta online is any indication it'll will need a drat long time to actually work

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

They say RDRO is coming mid November.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

That sucks. Is there any sort of coop mode I can play with my friends outside of that, or is that included in RDRO?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If GTA online is any indication, it will be an unholy abomination that is anathema to all life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
As someone who gave up on GTA:O at the start because it was a buggy POS, what actually happened to it and why is it such an anathema to all life?