Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Ah, good natured ribbing; for my pleasure

Lmao indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hambeet this total belief in cpigs claim to the point of elaborating on his claim for him is weird. I mean this is Cpig, the ultimate boy who claimed wolf and I don’t know how you can be so sold on what sure sounds like a fake role. He’s even the “good” type of hider that doesn’t hide behind another player and instead is more of the “commuter” type. Sure it could be true but coming from a guy who already faked a claim in this very game and with a looooong history of lying regardless of alignment it shouldn’t be SO OBVIOUS to you that he is telling the truth.

Are you the scum beet?

i must admit i'm going all rational actor on this one, which i should take stock about it being cpig and all that, but again, i'm bored. and i dont' care if i'm hilariously wrong or right because it's all a game. but i run my brain over this for more than a few minutes and i'll lean cpigs way on this for reasons stated. i could have just dropped a vote and walked off, but that's not why i play mafs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and also this isn't my scum game. if it was i'd have won already

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh and i should be clear on one of your points, i didn't believe it completely at first, i talked myself into it in my posting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thank you beet for responding in three posts when one would have done fine!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i've got standards

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

to

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

uphold

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

do you?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Are people voting for Cpig because “he’s Cpig”? I feel like there seems to be a general mood of him being known for lying his rear end off or something like that. I’m just trying to rational out why he would make a hider claim like he did because I don’t think he’d be the type of person to lie without a reason for going so.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry not caught up completely, but pig would be invincible to a factional kill and maybe even all night actions. Permanently ascetic.

I doubt a role like that exists and he's been pretty scummy without addressing any real content.

##vote pig

If something has changed in the last 2pages. Feel free to make fun.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm still a few pages behind, but cpig's role is screaming at me and it baffles me that I'm the only one. He is supposedly a townie that cannot be killed at night (except possibly if he gets roleblocked at the same time, and the mod lets the rb succeed against the hide). That is just stupidly strong.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Oh, and on top of that it also lets him unambiguously identify a baddie (assuming no town vigs).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Jimmy is now pinging me more and more. At first I figured, hey, scum haven't killed him because wifom, but now he's also defending CPig with "plausible" deniability. If CPig does flip scum, Jimmy jumps high on my scum list.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also keeping it in the back of my mind that maaaaaybe Ecco is also scum, and they're screaming at each other so the survivor gets cred. Seems unlikely, after they already lost what might be their strongest role (ninja).

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dancer posted:

Jimmy is now pinging me more and more. At first I figured, hey, scum haven't killed him because wifom, but now he's also defending CPig with "plausible" deniability. If CPig does flip scum, Jimmy jumps high on my scum list.

I mean, if you want to lynch me and look loving stupid, be my guest. I’m just trying to make sense of everything. I will admit that the role as is is ludicrously OP. At the same time, I think there’s a bigger reason than “oh lol he’s desperate and CPig” for him making that call. If it turns out his next post is stupid and makes no sense, then I’ll join in the lynching fun. I’m just waiting to see what comes out, see what the two figures have to say and then make my vote. We have time and I’m not so trigger happy that I’m willing to lunch someone without hearing what they have to say. He’s promising a big post. If it goes down like a lead balloon, then I’ll happily vote for him.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

Actually I'm taking this... a little back. Jimmy is a natural rb/scum jailer target. Still slightly suspect he's still alive tho.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

I mean, if you want to lynch me and look loving stupid, be my guest.

You've been like, calm and polite all game, is one simple accusation from a single person what it takes to make you talk like this?

Something something rumbled.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dancer, can I ask if you’re still in a mason with Ecco? Anything interesting in there after day 1?

Dancer posted:

You've been like, calm and polite all game, is one simple accusation from a single person what it takes to make you talk like this?

Something something rumbled.

Let me refer you to this post.

jimmydalad posted:

Well, what do you want me to do to prove my identity? Toalpaz has more experience playing the game and making GBS threads nice words out of their rear end to make them look innocent. I’ve been honest throughout with what my intentions have been and all my thought processes for my actions. If you honestly believe all my actions are part of some massive scum conspiracy to get Toalpaz voted off than you are going to lose. I’m saying all this cause punching me is a really loving stupid move and you’ll all look like idiots. I want town to win and each of my points have had their thought processes layed out, even if they may not be the best points.

The only reason I came out was to explain why I was suspicious of Cpig’s claim. I did what I thought was beneficial for town. I have no idea what I am doing and people are gonna talk words around me but I swear on my life that I am Town. I am Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She is my flavour claim. I am the gunsmith and I’ve explained exactly how the role I’ve been given works and expanded on it to cover for things like if all scum or only the killer was the one to come back pos.

I am town and if you lynch me you’re gonna all look really loving stupid.

So I haven’t been calm all game. As for why I’m being emotional, pretty much the same feelings that I had in the post above. I don’t want town wasting a lynch on me of all people and I don’t want you all to look stupid for lynching Buffy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dancer posted:

Actually I'm taking this... a little back. Jimmy is a natural rb/scum jailer target. Still slightly suspect he's still alive tho.

Gonna devil’s advocate a bit, but I assume that there’s a doctor in this game. I’m probably one of the biggest targets for them as well to be saved. Mafia could recognise that I’ll probably be doctored and be like “might as well go after someone we can actually kill”

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I literally just messaged her, but otherwise it's been dead since D1.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Gonna devil’s advocate a bit, but I assume that there’s a doctor in this game. I’m probably one of the biggest targets for them as well to be saved. Mafia could recognise that I’ll probably be doctored and be like “might as well go after someone we can actually kill”

Yeah, and same applies to town jailer, I know... it's not like, the biggest red flag yet, but it grows with every passing day (night)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Unrelated I dunno what to think of hambeet. If this is him defending scumbud cpig it seems way too forceful and brazen.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
AA gaspy and dancer need to die

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Any reason why us three

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

b-minus1 posted:

Wow that’s a really cruddy scum list

Why those three?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Okay fine I'll succumb to peer pressure.

That's quite a quaint collection of people there b-minus. It elludes me why you might settle on specifically us as your scum-list.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

Unrelated I dunno what to think of hambeet. If this is him defending scumbud cpig it seems way too forceful and brazen.

Yeah I agree it seems too obvious to be scumbuddying. I still can't figure out if town cpig would fake a claim like this (or humalong would really make such a seemingly broken role). I think ecco's reasons for voting cpig seem valid even if cpig was not on my personal scumdar before today (in fact I thought he was pretty townie for cpig).

B- however still seems like he's in coasting scum mode again after he stepped it up a bit on D2.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Any reason why us three

Asphyxious posted:

Wow that’s a really cruddy scum list

Why those three?

Dancer posted:

Okay fine I'll succumb to peer pressure.

That's quite a quaint collection of people there b-minus. It elludes me why you might settle on specifically us as your scum-list.

it's pretty simple. my wincon involves eliminating all of the scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

it's pretty simple. my wincon involves eliminating all of the scum

So nothing specific?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

B- however still seems like he's in coasting scum mode again after he stepped it up a bit on D2.

if you check Pig's post history the two are weirdly connected, such that it's my first recommendation after pig eventually dies.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

So nothing specific?

Feel free to post some reads of your own at any time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Feel free to post some reads of your own at any time.

I've done that though. This game day is mostly occupied with pig vs. Ecco and I've already stated why his role mostly cannot exist.

He would only be lunchables

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I suppose alternatively:

AT this point Bee man, you haven't really offered anything concrete yourself, and have much like Pig, skirted around the actual content of the game.

I feel like Pig made a hard play thinking that no one would possibly doubt the claim, but it seems considerably unlikely overall.

Pig, Bee and maybe, maybe gaspy for scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Lmao at all of this.

My guess is that one of the three cop claims is a scum role cop. Next guess is town have an insane cop.

I can sort of see why cpig pulled his gambit. I was actually expecting to be called out for not voting near deadline but I didn’t expect him to do that haha
Toal looks sus af right now but I admit I’m a little biased because AS was one of my top scum reads yesterday. Seems risky to try to clear a scumbud this early in the game
Out of the 3 cop claims I believe jimmy the most. But no need to rush

Btw here’s my claim. Ready: Jenny Calendar, VANILLA TOWN. Lol

Also. My role pm doesn’t explicitly state it. But based on some of the wording I wouldn’t be surprised if there are 3Ps in this game. Was gonna mention this yesterday but decided against it

My role PM looks pretty standard in its wording for town wincon, what were you picking up on here bee?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or was that a soft crumb to being 3P? beacuse honestly that would explain some your presence and lack of conviction towards the ideas you've floated.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Granted, we did have an SK flip. I wouldn't be surprised if there was also a survivor, is this you?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Interesting

Ecco needs to claim at this point. Pig, what’s your flavor?

I don’t understand why jimmy is still alive unless scum don’t fear an investigation

Scumtimes Food and willie need to post more

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Interesting

Ecco needs to claim at this point. Pig, what’s your flavor?

I don’t understand why jimmy is still alive unless scum don’t fear an investigation

Scumtimes Food and willie need to post more

I forgot ASF was in this game.

I do agree that ecco needs to claim, hider is almost always a scum claim, and a hider that learns who tried to target them, and auto hides and would NEVER die at night is completely imba. I can't see that as a real role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Granted, we did have an SK flip. I wouldn't be surprised if there was also a survivor, is this you?

No I’m vt

• Locked thread